Safecracker Tokens?

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
So,since iOS is delayed,I have no idea how Safecracker translates into TPA. I'd like to specifically know how the token part of the game works in TPA. Anyone?

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Haven't won any yet, only played a few games, but per the instructions, you randomly win one of the 26 tokens as normal for the table. That token is permanently added to your collection which can be viewed in Help and Options. You also get a magic credit to play Assault on the Vault, which is a separate button on the table menu next to Start that requires magic credits. Spending credits will not remove tokens from your collection according to the instructions, so any tokens you collected should remain in your collection even if you've spent your credits if I'm reading this right. One of the Wizard Goals of course involves collecting all 26 unique tokens.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Haven't won any yet, only played a few games, but per the instructions, you randomly win one of the 26 tokens as normal for the table. That token is permanently added to your collection which can be viewed in Help and Options. You also get a magic credit to play Assault on the Vault, which is a separate button on the table menu next to Start that requires magic credits. Spending credits will not remove tokens from your collection according to the instructions, so any tokens you collected should remain in your collection even if you've spent your credits if I'm reading this right. One of the Wizard Goals of course involves collecting all 26 unique tokens.

Thanks for answering. Looking forward to trying it in a week or so.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
"Tokens, the stuff dreams are made of"

Just played through the standard goals. So far I have 2 tokens and just tried Assault on the Vault. Very cool game imo, incorporating pinball with a video game feel. I feel motivated to hit the shots more than most games. AOTV is an instant multi all timed mode, at the end it showed the regular high scores but did not allow initials to be put in as I smashed my regular game #1 score. The timed aspect may turn some away, but you hit the shots earn time activate multi balls and play a quick backglass game here and there. I highly recommend this one, but obviously it's not for everyone.

I would like the option to view each token individually more up close in the future if possible. Maybe with the new UI

Last edited:

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
IOS release...my guess next Friday.
Enjoy playing all others I will just continue to drool over trailer.
Good Evening All.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I have safecracker for my OUYA. I love it

Yes, I downloaded it earlier and it is the most fun I've had playing Pinball in a while. Finished off my Season 4 pass with a bang! I played one game, earned a token in the board game, and got over 1 million points. Then I played the bonus mode, and got over 3 million points! I earned the 135th spot on the leaderboard. Beginner's luck? I'm sure my position will drop rapidly as more people play the game but any time I see my score in triple digit rank or less, it feels like an accomplishment. :cool:

Sadly I won't be buying a Season 5 pass because due to the recent aquisition by Razor, I literally have no idea when/if the Ouya servers will get cut off. I don't want to buy future tables and not recieve them because someone pulls the plug. I believe as long as I stay perpetualy logged in to my Farsight and Ouya accounts, I should be able to access purchased tables indefinitely, but that's a topic for another thread...

Last edited:

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Get a PC. I like the top game just roll the dice and get lucky no skill involved :D. Looks to be one of the better tables of Season 4 maybe it´s the only really good one will see.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Get a PC.
I have a Windows 7 64-bit desktop but I don't use it for games. It's got a powerful 8-core amd bulldozer CPU overclocked to 4.2Ghz, with 16Gb (dual channel 8gb x2) of DDR1866 RAM, and a fairly light duty Nvidia graphics card with 96 instruction cores. When I bought it in 2011, I paid about 40 bucks for the Nvidia at the computer store when I realised my Gigabyte motherboard did not contain integrated graphics. I think it's got a gig of video RAM but I forgot the model number. Regardless, my computer was built to be a rendering workhorse, not a game machine. Sometimes I'll set up a job on it and leave it rendering at 100% load for days with my UPS in case of power failure. Regardless, I don't want to sit in an uncomfortable chair to play pinball. I'm not sure if most modern HD games would like being stretched to fullscreen on my 1600x1200 4:3 monitor either.

My quad core AMD laptop tends to overheat and go into thermal shutdown if I overload it. It can handle Dolphin Game Cube emulator, so I guess that's something... Truthfully I'm not a PC gamer. PCs are meant to do work; game consoles are meant to play games, and tablets for casual web surfing. I don't own a "mobile" device (my cell is a flip phone) and touch screens are a poor substitute for gamepads.

Getting on my soap box here, but I'm also a bit disappointed at the move of AMD and Intel towards integrated APUs instead of discrete CPU and graphics. That's wasted die space that could be used instead for extra CPU cores, especially considering a real gaming enthusiast is going to buy a discrete graphics card to do any real gaming on it. I get that since the mid 00s, silicone technology has reached a plateau with Gigahertz, topping off at 4-5 Ghz stock air cooled CPU. So the obvious solution to get more throughput is to decrease latency and increase memory bandwidth, dual and quad channel, giant caches, and loads more cores. But mobile/tablet devices have taken over the desktop market for casuals who just wanna web surf, office productivity apps don't need tons of CPU, and the majority of PC enthusiasts only care about gaming graphics. So while we could have gotten ultra powerful desktop CPUs with 12 or even 16 cores by now, instead we get same old 4-6 cores with embedded GPU that nobody's going to use. If you want more cores, you gotta pay up in the thousands of dollars to use server grade components. Eff that...

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
LUV IT,totally different to all other tables,i like the tokens,i was wondering how they would execute the tokens.well done.tops off another great season.THANKS FARSIGHT !!!! :cool:

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Anyone have the hint pic for Season 5 yet?
Glad you folks like the table I can't wait to fire up my iPad 3.
Tick...Tock......

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Hoping for the iOS version early next week. Glad they worked in the tokens. Looking forward to collecting them all.

Members online

Members online