Safecracker Tokens?

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
I never got the safecracker codes right. What happens when you enter a valid response?

If you chose a valid code, you get whatever they correspond to. You can read about them in the gameplay instructions. The three I mentioned awards a VAULT letter, and VAULT upon completion will start Token Multiball instead of Vault Multiball after you complete the boardgame.

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
Well, I'm down to the last...

JBnHqGj.jpg

After close to 60 tokens in total, I think. Don't know the exact number because I've spent around 20 on Assault on the Vault to earn VAULT letters. I just backed out of the table once when the left ball lock started to bug, otherwise the PS4 has just been waiting in suspended mode for whenever I've had time to play. The last 18 tokens I've gotten in batches of 3, after breaking into the vault and starting token multiball and getting the two extras through jackpots, but I've never gotten more than one new token per batch that way. I sure hope I'll get it before 100 total tokens, that's for sure, because I don't know how much more I can stomach of this table. It's a really good and original table, but this wizard goal really destroys it for anyone who aims for it. I don't want to give up now that I'm so close (I might take a long break if I don't have it within the next 20-30 tokens or so) but I sure as hell never want to play this table again when it's done...

Edit: 20 more tokens, still on 25/26...

Last edited:

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
I finally did it!

After many hours put in... The 30th token won after my 25th, without exiting the table, was the 26th and last I needed. Should be about a 1 in 25 chance to receive one you don't have, so yeah... I was about to give up.

1c2Vcxf.jpg

aiDoqT9.jpg

So, with that, I just want to say, goodbye Safe Cracker - it was nice knowing you, but I'm never playing you again. And to Farsight, can you fire whomever came up with this wizard goal, please? :D

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
Guess I'll post mine as well. :) This obligatory video shows me earning that elusive 26th token in Safe Cracker on the Pinball Arcade. I used the pause method to help win the board game. This is almost essential due to the large amount of tokens you need to earn to collect them all. This video also shows a glitch where token multiball doesn't award tokens sometimes... I'm not sure what causes this glitch, but sometimes it would tell me I had 2 tokens remaining and other times not... Anyone know? Anyway, one tip you can see in the video is a soft launch and then hold up the upper flipper, then a hard left nudge when the ball rolls off the flipper for an easy catch. This is critical so that you don't accidentally enter by the roof when you don't want to, and also helps with ball control.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Lordy, think I'd have just given up if I'd been playing Safe Cracker in TPA.

Got 12 in less than a week in FX3, and not only does it seem not to give out duplicates (and its 20 not 26 tokens), but there is the rewind option to undo a bad roll of the dice - much easier when I realised that.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, when you're playing in regular Single Player (with the old Zen physics and upgrades), you can use the Rewind upgrade during the board game. So, for example, if a 3 will land you on an alarm, and you roll a 3, just quick use rewind and roll again.

It takes a little getting used to, though. You've gotta make sure you rewind long enough. Sometimes you'll think you did, but nope, and then you're screwed because the rewind upgrade has a cool down time before you can use it again.

Playing that way is a good way to farm the tokens, since it makes getting to the vault easier than it used to be in TPA.

It doesn't matter what mode you earn a token in, you can see it on the machine and use it to play Assault on the Vault in any mode. Even with tokens earned in the challenge modes.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, when you're playing in regular Single Player (with the old Zen physics and upgrades), you can use the Rewind upgrade during the board game. So, for example, if a 3 will land you on an alarm, and you roll a 3, just quick use rewind and roll again.

It takes a little getting used to, though. You've gotta make sure you rewind long enough. Sometimes you'll think you did, but nope, and then you're screwed because the rewind upgrade has a cool down time before you can use it again.

Playing that way is a good way to farm the tokens, since it makes getting to the vault easier than it used to be in TPA.

It doesn't matter what mode you earn a token in, you can see it on the machine and use it to play Assault on the Vault in any mode. Even with tokens earned in the challenge modes.

This isn’t in the mobile app is it?

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Just got the 20th token (which gives the achievement) in FX3 so can confirm it doesn't give duplicates. I'll likely find out tomorrow what happens when you get a 21st token, and what happens when you spend one.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I can answer the 21st token question. It stops awarding you with tokens once you have all 20

Makes sense that they'd stop building up on the apron, but does it at least remember how many you've earned for usage purposes?

What I mean is, if you would have earned a 21st token, and then you go to play Assault on the Vault, does it remember that you should have 21 tokens, or does it take one of the 20 from the apron?

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Just tried it. Had all 20 tokens on the apron, had a game where I won 1 (and deliberately only 1) more token; then tried assault on the vault and it removed a token from the apron so game doesn't keep track of number of tokens above 20.

chany60126

May 25, 2018
Does the PS4 version still have that glitch where if you close out of the application, you lose a bunch of the tokens you earned? I experienced this problem on numerous occasions last year, but I haven't bothered to try it again lately.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Anyone had disappearing tokens in FX3 Safe Cracker? I was still at 19, tried this weeks tournament and got 1 more. Day after and now I've only got 1 token on the apron.

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
Does the PS4 version still have that glitch where if you close out of the application, you lose a bunch of the tokens you earned? I experienced this problem on numerous occasions last year, but I haven't bothered to try it again lately.

You will not lose earned tokens but you have to earn ~80 more next time you play. Suppose you earned 60 tokens (24 distinct) at one go. Then you exit or TPA crashes.
Next time you play starting with 60 tokens. You will have to earn 80 more tokens without exiting until you collect 140 (60+80=140) to earn the last two distinct ones.

chany60126

May 25, 2018
You will not lose earned tokens but you have to earn ~80 more next time you play. Suppose you earned 60 tokens (24 distinct) at one go. Then you exit or TPA crashes.
Next time you play starting with 60 tokens. You will have to earn 80 more tokens without exiting until you collect 140 (60+80=140) to earn the last two distinct ones.

Oh gosh, earning those tokens is no easy task with all those obstacles on the board to avoid like the cyber dogs and the various alarms. Anyway, thanks for that info.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Oh gosh, earning those tokens is no easy task with all those obstacles on the board to avoid like the cyber dogs and the various alarms. Anyway, thanks for that info.

Is it possible that they patched it to save it the coin state in the machine? I had to restart this goal when I broke my phone and I'm on 21/26 with only 38 coins earnt. That's a significantly higher ratio than on my old phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.