Bug Multiple platforms: Sound bug during bonus countdown

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I finally had a chance to play HS on PS4 and noticed it has the same bug as on the iOS version: the bonus point countdown breaks up, and sometimes even disappears completely.

Note the bonus countdown here and compare it to here. Both the PS4 and iOS versions suffer this same problem, but when checking out videos on PS3 (and going from first-hand experience on PC) it's perfectly fine.

This has existed (at least on iOS) ever since the table was released. No idea why there'd be disparity between the platforms because I thought all the platforms were meant to have the same table base across all (with exceptions for lighting, texture quality etc.).

The ramp bonus sound is broken too, and sounds way too stuttery and not smooth at all.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Same on the 360. Though, it's not as bad as PS4 version. That almost sounds like 8-bit. Hopefully an update will be out soon.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Same on the 360. Though, it's not as bad as PS4 version. That almost sounds like 8-bit. Hopefully an update will be out soon.
I'm hopeful, but not confident. I really just can't understand why it's different across multiple platforms, given everything's supposed to be the same.

Ruins the table, too. It's kitschy, but I like the audio in the original game. Concerned this might discourage people to get into it. Maybe before it's sequel gets released this month?

tenparts

Aug 1, 2015
"kitschy" isn't a very good word to describe this... also, High Speed uses a lot of "8-bit" (PSG) sounds as is.

edit: "kitschy" isn't a good word at all to describe the original sounds, and "8-bit" is a really bad term to refer to weird bugs. I don't get people and their strange use of language.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
"kitschy" isn't a very good word to describe this... also, High Speed uses a lot of "8-bit" (PSG) sounds as is.
I was referring to the original table having kitschy sounds, not the buggy version on a few of the platforms. As for the "8-bit" description, I think dave was referring to the buggy looping and sound cutting in and out on the bonus count, not the actual quality of the sound used (which is what you're talking about).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.