Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
I don't own any season 4 tables. When I pick Previous Seasons from the main menu, nothing happens. It plays the audio ding that selecting something normally does, but I remain on the main menu. All season 4 tables are missing for me.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
UPDATE:

Added new bugs:
CV's Juggler Lock system and super low slope
ToM's left Safe Escape light
Flipper axis issues on MM and Gorgar
Flipper placement issues on TotAN, MM
HS2's Supercharger flow issue

More may be included. Feel free to keep tracking the list for issues that need fixing.

crazywolf

Jul 9, 2013
The Fullscreen Bug in DX11 is still not fixed. I get a greater size when i enlarge the value for BackBufferWidth and Height, so i think here is the bug. But if its the same as my monitor resolution 1920x1080, its too small, same when i double the value, 3840x2160. With Alt+Enter a few times it works.
I have Windows 10 and a Geforce GTX 660, but same problem was on Windows 8.1. And same on my little PC with a Intel HD4200 Graphic, Win 8.1 and 10.

On No Good Gofers the Flippers look strange. On Android they are similar left and right when they are up, but on pc, it looks so:

ngg.jpg

Last edited:

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
I don't own any season 4 tables. When I pick Previous Seasons from the main menu, nothing happens. It plays the audio ding that selecting something normally does, but I remain on the main menu. All season 4 tables are missing for me.

i am seeing this too.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
On No Good Gofers the Flippers look strange. On Android they are similar left and right when they are up, but on pc, it looks so:
[MENTION=3098]crazywolf[/MENTION], Nice catch! Looks like the flipper hasn't been adjusted properly. Adding to the list.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
The Fullscreen Bug in DX11 is still not fixed. I get a greater size when i enlarge the value for BackBufferWidth and Height, so i think here is the bug. But if its the same as my monitor resolution 1920x1080, its too small, same when i double the value, 3840x2160. With Alt+Enter a few times it works.
I have Windows 10 and a Geforce GTX 660, but same problem was on Windows 8.1. And same on my little PC with a Intel HD4200 Graphic, Win 8.1 and 10.

Try 3840x2880. I had to set my back buffer to that to fill my screen. No idea why, since 3840x2160 should be 16:9...

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
Why not add the fact the game still doesn't go into fullscreen on dx11 on its own and requires to alt+enter twice, needs to be fixed really.

On my end it goes into full screen but I think it's actually going into a borderless full screen window. If something pops up on my desktop them it screws up Pinball Arcade and suddenly I can see the task bar and the windows title bar. The only time I've ever encountered this type of set up is in Skyrim (a PC game for those that don't know) and as an option you can choose to run the game as. Thing is this doesn't happen in the non-DX11 version of the game.

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013
I cannot find a key in keyboard mode to move the shifter upward (to go to a higher gear for the Video Mode). That kind of makes the Video Mode useless as you really need to be in 5th gear to complete it easily and quickly.

I'd like to see a CREDIT button key for the Pro tables to play in Credit mode instead of Free Play (like VP has).

I'm not sure if the "enter" key works as a true start key in Attack From Mars for the Martian Bomb mode (nothing worked on the Mac version; haven't gotten around to getting a martian bomb in the Windows version yet to verify; maybe someone can comment).

As for Getaway's turbo charger glitch; I've seen the real machine fail to open the gate on time on some machines, but it shouldn't happen that often. A few "glitches" that real machines do once in awhile would actually make it feel more real, but it should be uncommon on a machine in good condition.

It'd be nice if they would go back and add things like a working DMD on the backbox itself on older tables like Theatre of Magic (and/or GI effects, etc that newer tables like Addams Family have). I really feel they should offer PRO versions of tables like Theatre of Magic and Cirqus Voltaire. I realize they didn't have them at first, but people who bought the regular versions could still upgrade and the Pro Packs should offer them for free as updates since the Pro versions cost just as much more on the first season as later seasons. This just strikes me as them not wanting to spend time fixing bugs and updating when they can be making more new tables faster to make more money, but it cheapens the overall experience, IMO. A great table like Theatre of Magic should not be penalized for coming out first, IMO. (and yes I have Windows and OS X versions here in case some assume otherwise by my computer list)

Some of the tables don't really feel right for the flipper aiming. Theatre of Magic is the table I'm best at in real life (I can shoot nearly every shot at will for hours). When I aim for the center ramp for the left flipper it goes toward the right inner loop instead. The right ramp is way too easy to shoot and the center ramp too difficult to shoot. I realize Visual Pinball had a lot of problems with realistic flipper aiming as well (I know as I made over 30 recreations for it), but here it seems like a little tweaking could fix it (whereas no setting in VP worked for all shots compared to the real thing; I picked the best compromise I could find for each table I made, although many authors had no idea what the real tables played like). Some tables feel better than others, but admittedly I haven't had a lot of chances to play many of these tables in the real world for some time (I've played nearly all of them and a lot more for real at some point, though). I actually live near the Papa tournaments so I do get a chance to play a good selection of tables once a year, but I missed that they moved it up this year.

Last edited:

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
I cannot find a key in keyboard mode to move the shifter upward (to go to a higher gear for the Video Mode). That kind of makes the Video Mode useless as you really need to be in 5th gear to complete it easily and quickly.

I'd like to see a CREDIT button key for the Pro tables to play in Credit mode instead of Free Play (like VP has).

I'm not sure if the "enter" key works as a true start key in Attack From Mars for the Martian Bomb mode (nothing worked on the Mac version; haven't gotten around to getting a martian bomb in the Windows version yet to verify; maybe someone can comment).

Ctrl buttons (2nd flipper key) will shift up and down.

In the coin door, after you have exited out of the operator menu, the Escape button adds credits. At least on WPC tables.

The spacebar (or whatever your plunger is mapped to) will release the martian bombs. Same for troll bombs in Medieval Madness.

Last edited:

MattW

Jul 14, 2015
High Speed II: If I get both a high score and loop champion, the UI for inputting initials stays on after the loop champ has been entered. I see no way to dismiss it and the only way out seems to be to kill the app. I am running the latest 1.41.12 DX11. I see this both in regular table mode and on the tournament, which is especially annoying because the score doesn't register when this happens.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
High Speed II: If I get both a high score and loop champion, the UI for inputting initials stays on after the loop champ has been entered. I see no way to dismiss it and the only way out seems to be to kill the app. I am running the latest 1.41.12 DX11. I see this both in regular table mode and on the tournament, which is especially annoying because the score doesn't register when this happens.

When this happens, does a new game start on the table behind the initial UI?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
... although many authors had no idea what the real tables played like
Amen to that. people would rave about a new table release, and i'd call it totally unplayable. The ball would just not go where it should. shots that were easy in real life would be totally impossible, and the attitude was that anyone who couldn't hit the shots just sucked, or "the table's that hard, deal with it". Worst case was when someone made their own surf n safari... and had the boomerang spinner feed the plunge hole! WRONG WRONG WRONG!

When i made a table layout, i made sure it was a) for a table i actually have experience with, and b) make sure there are no impossible shots that are important. I'm well aware about compromises, as i had to make them myself too.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013

after the last initial is entered for loop champion, patiently wait for the match animation to finish. eventually the high score list popup will show, which will remove the initials popup. under NO circumstances press enter until that happens.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Ah man, FS should fix this (not register button presses at that time) or at least display a warning sign.
I was too impatient

MattW

Jul 14, 2015
When this happens, does a new game start on the table behind the initial UI?

Yes it appears that way. Or at least I can start one. As I searched for buttons to exit out in any possible manner, I had a four player game going that would run, but the "enter initials" dialog stays up nonetheless.

Zaphod's workaround is what I eventually figured out too - I just don't touch anything during the "enter initials" phases and let the the high score and the loop champ time out after a few minutes.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
2 lamps are missing at the bottom of the Monster Bash playfield, there are holes in it instead. Visible with camera angle 3.
As far as I remember the original machine, it had the table's creators name on it.
It's already reported in the PS4's issue list topic, but it's fine in DX9.

http://i.imgur.com/4HqiP7J.jpg

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
FLIPPER ISSUES: The following issues have popped up on the list since the 3.0 physics application to all tables:

Black Knight: Lower right flipper is slanted downwards.

El Dorado CoG: Both lower flippers are leaning forwards, leading to a downward slant when in the up position.

Goin' Nuts: The lower right flipper is slanted downward.

Gorgar: Both flippers are leaning forward, leading to a downward slant when in the up position.

Medieval Madness: Right flipper is slanted upward.

No Good Gofers: Right flipper is slanted downward.

Space Shuttle: Left flipper slanted upward. Right flipper leaning forward (part of it disappears when in the up position).

Tee'd Off: Both lower flippers leaning slightly downward when in the up position.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Found a problem with steam version of Earthshaker
sI3lreE.png

Steam latestest version
Portrait 1080x1920 backbuffer and native resolution
no mods still shows same issue fyi

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.