Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I noticed in 1.41.12 - maybe a version before that, it's been some days since I could play - that the camera in Tee'd Off is no longer moving to focus areas. I keep the camera locked on 4, but in previous versions, even a locked camera would move to the green/pitch'n'putt area up by the volcano when the ball was launched, so you could time the upper flipper. It would also move to look directly down on the GOPHER roulette wheel every time that was in play. It still moves to the GOPHER wheel sometimes DURING play, but not for the letter-match spin at the end of the game, and it never moves to the green/upper left at all.

Of course, it might be that a locked camera is supposed to be well and truly locked, and that this version actually is now doing what it was supposed to be doing all along. I'll try some other tables that change view at certain times and see what they do.

EDIT: Well, it's not something that affects all tables for sure because the next one I tried was Xenon and the camera moved to the top of the table when the ball was amid the rollovers, as usual.

EDIT 2: But in Champion Pub the camera will not move to either the speed bag or jump rope areas when they're in play, which makes them just about impossible.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.42.7 fixes:

Black Rose: The plunger switch needs lowered. When the plunger is pulled back, the switch releases and plays the sound.

BoP: Plunging too early while the camera is focused on the skill shot area makes the camera get stuck that way.

Space Shuttle: Both flippers are unevenly positioned.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
OK, re my post about camera not moving to focus areas. I'm really not sure if I'm going crazy. SOMETHING changed in 1.41.12. Maybe it was that the angle of the 4 camera changed? I don't know. I did think there was a point where the camera moved to focus on the Pitch-n-Putt/upper flipper area in Tee'd Off. Was I hallucinating that?

Anyway, if I'm not hallucinating, then 1.42.7 is still broken. Ditto the camera moves in Champion Pub.

I've had to change back to camera 1, so I'm ALSO wondering if camera 4 changed angle somewhere in there. (If we had a fully adjustable camera this wouldn't be an issue ... just sayin')

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
Are you starting TPA in administrate mode? That puts a block in it ;)

How can I check that, I run it through steam, not really seen any option to launch as administrator. If I run dx9 it does use steam ingame so I have no idea. It used to work fine, running windows 10.

Last edited:

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Well, if you don't know it is not starting in Admin mode (it opens up a popup box asking for permission to start).

So now I can only suggest checking that TPA in the options in steam is set for 'overlay' when playing and that steam in general is set to 'on' using overlay.

I haven't gotten win10 yet; building a new computer and since the upgrade is locked to the motherboard...

Good luck!

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
F-14 Tomcat in portrait mode the Alpha numeric display is really skewed to the left and off center unlike every other table in TPA which has the DMD or alphanumeric displays centered.

tFZ7DT5.png

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
There is a fully adjustable camera (mod), just saying.

Yeah, I know. I tend to instinctively avoid mods because to me mods mean "constantly keeping version updates in synch" and "will likely just make your game crash" but I'm thinking seriously about looking into it.

(But not to derail here. There are other threads for that.)

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
Well, if you don't know it is not starting in Admin mode (it opens up a popup box asking for permission to start).

So now I can only suggest checking that TPA in the options in steam is set for 'overlay' when playing and that steam in general is set to 'on' using overlay.

The thing is, DX9 works fine with overlay, it worked before with DX11 as well, just now it doesn't somehow. Maybe it will fix itself next update.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
1.42.8 and the continuing saga of Tee'd Off (DX11 mode):

- camera now moves up to pitch-n-putt area when ball is first launched, as it used to. Yay!

- camera does not zoom to straight over GOPHER roulette wheel at end of game.

- camera DOES zoom to straight over GOPHER wheel whenever it spins during game.

also:

- seems like the pin which momentarily keeps the ball from dropping onto the upper flipper now no longer functions at all. there was always a notable pause where you could get ready for a shot at the volcano, and that's not there any more.

EDIT:

Also, the problem with the camera not moving to the jumprope or speedbag areas of Champion Pub seems to be fixed now. I dunno.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.