Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

Tig77

Jan 13, 2016
After almost a year since Ghostbusters Premium was released, and has been a 2-10 frame rate mess, that finally seems to be fixed only to freeze the game when you lose ball 1 or 2 needing to terminate the program from task manager. So it's back to being unplayable.

Whoa Nellie is now the 2-10 frame rate mess that Ghostbusters Premium was.

I'm on DirectX 9.

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
The released version is using old assets for some reason, need to figure out why next week

I'll fix this next week, didn't have time to optimize a few things... didn't think a few hundred polys would affect performance that much unless something else is going on.

Is this still the case as of 9/16? I can confirm that while the standard version of Woah Nellie looks fine, the DX11 version does look pretty bad.

I ask cause I believe I saw an update since table came out but no change.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Just played White Water, why does it look so much different than the real table/other tables in pba? All the colors are off, yellow colors look mostly orange, the 2 jackpot inserts are black on the mini playfield (or any unlit black insert), Bigfoot is off color, kickback insert is pink, ramps are not transparent enough, ect.. (DX11/DX9, GTX 960, Win10 x64, everything up to date). All the other tables look fine. Except Monster Bash.
Ingame: https://i.imgur.com/vkPMCee.jpg
Real Life: https://i.imgur.com/Xc49tT1.jpg

Unrelated: Someone at Farsight please fix the speaker panel art for Judge Dredd and BS's Dracula, they've been broken for so long.

Last edited:

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
+1 for the Judge Dredd backglass problem.

There is a problem with the Fathom backglass. The 4 DMDs don't line up with the spaces in the artwork, so the bottom two spaces have no DMDs in them at all (just black space) and the top ones are squashed.

It has been like this for the last few updates. Hopefully they are fixed soon. Thanks.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Well, I'll be darned.

UPDATE: Removed the following from the list:

Junk Yard:

Sometimes the Magic Bus music loops instead of reverting back to the main music.

I replicated this in the Pinball FX3 version of Junk Yard. It's a ROM issue.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.71.17 Fixes:

Stern SAM/Spike System Games:

ALL MODERN STERN DMD ANIMATIONS ARE NOW IN SYNC! Game code for each of these tables is now running at full speed when compared to how it was before! Affects AC/DC, Big Buck Hunter, Ghostbusters, Mustang, Star Trek, and Whoa Nellie.

Star Trek Vengeance:

Klingon Multiball has the playfield glitching out with the laser lights, such that it has an asteroid field in one frame.

Whoa Nellie:

Lights and additional textures for the backglass needed.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Removing the following:

Black Knight 2000:

Something about the wheel lighting sequence throws me off. It seems that one particular sequence goes at a split second before going to another sequence (lightning to image of Black Knight, then back).

Probably an audio emulation issue that won't get resolved unless audio is used from the game's ROM. The lights are supposed to move in time with the beat of the music, but since there is technically no audio being fed out from the board, that's why the issue remains in the game. The same goes with locking a ball, which was also a problem emulating.

Champion Pub:

Start Fight light sequence missing on both health bars (and other lights), leaving an occasional flash on certain lights. This is how it should go instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzFvBmwIx5g

I think this is an issue with how this table was emulated, because Visual Pinball and the real thing sync up the lights and the DMD. In TPA, this is not the case -- direct audio emulation is not used, and thus cannot be fixed without major overhaul (which is not worth going for, now that Zen has the license).

Last Action Hero:

The Crane should be slowed down to about 60-80% of its original speed. The Crane Runaway almost never counting down is a good sign that it is moving too quickly.
"MOVE THE CR---" (Explanation: After the crane arrives at its destination, the stopping sound interrupts the rest of the introductory sounds.)
Helicopter sound does not stop upon the attempt/completion of the skill shot.
Main music continues to play, even after a Dynamite Feature is collected and a mode is thus awarded with supposed different music.

Twilight Zone:

I missed the Greed music fix somehow.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.70.20 fixes:

Big Buck Hunter:

The rightmost bullet shell is tied in to the upper left ramp flasher.
The Duck light is tied in to the flasher nearest to the Elk.
The right orbit target light is tied into the upper right flasher at the ramp.
Artificial DMD lighting also needed.

Bram Stoker's Dracula:

Artwork around the DMD and speaker panel fixed.

Judge Dredd:

Artwork around the DMD and speaker panel fixed.

Taxi:

Joyride lights on the backglass fixed.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.70.23 Fixes:

Game no longer crashes upon going into menu with your Farsight account logged in. Worked with Tom and eventually found the source of the problem -- the culprit being from loading Steam friends:

"Great news. I fixed the crash. Something was introduced lately by another programmer that broke the start of the game. This was only a problem if the person in question had too many friends though as the friends would still be loading when the start button was pressed, and this new feature didn't know about that. And that's why we couldn't reproduce it at all. It was very confusing. In the end, once I figured it was the friends stuff I managed to tinker with code to purposefully break, and I just fixed it today.

The game should no longer crash on boot up, you should see your friends like normal, and everything else should be good. Nothing was changed basically, I just made friends load 99% faster than they were originally."

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.