Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Twilight Zone:
DX11: Now we finally have music during GREED mode, but guess what? It's not the right music. Small steps. Farsight: You're looking for music $0017 called by the rom originally. Right now $0036 is playing. Hopefully your internal naming matches up.
The shooter rod (visible in the skillshot camera angle) is not aligned properly since the first TZ improvement patch.

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
+1 on E&tPM crashing. HH crash on me the first time post Sorcerer release, but now I can play it, but as mentioned...No music.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Twilight Zone:
DX11: Now we finally have music during GREED mode, but guess what? It's not the right music. Small steps. Farsight: You're looking for music $0017 called by the rom originally. Right now $0036 is playing. Hopefully your internal naming matches up.
The shooter rod (visible in the skillshot camera angle) is not aligned properly since the first TZ improvement patch.

Yeah, I tried to push to get those sound fixes in for GREED and others as well (notice how some music pieces don't stop -- a sound file is missing and the call isn't made), but they never made it.

Hopefully in an upcoming patch. TZ is outstanding, otherwise.

HH and EatPM crashing confirmed.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Since the latest patch the game will just freeze for 1-3 seconds and it is very annoying.. Not sure what is happening since it worked fine the last time I played (about a month ago)

DX11 btw...

edit: turns out the problem was on my end, wiped all prev. drivers and installed latest one fresh, works great now

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Update from my last post on Feb 3rd:

HH crashes if you start the game using Cam 2 (Not Plunger Cam). You can play the table with any other cam view, even switch to Cam 2 in-game. There is no BGM.

Harley Davison crashes if you start the game with Cam 2. Other cam views are ok, but switching to Cam 2 will crash the game.

Forgot to mention this happens in DX11, DX9 run fine except for no BGM on HH.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Update from my last post on Feb 3rd:

HH crashes if you start the game using Cam 2 (Not Plunger Cam). You can play the table with any other cam view, even switch to Cam 2 in-game. There is no BGM.

Harley Davison crashes if you start the game with Cam 2. Other cam views are ok, but switching to Cam 2 will crash the game.

Forgot to mention this happens in DX11, DX9 run fine except for no BGM on HH.

I've had the HH crash occur and no table sounds, it's bugged and hopefully we can get it fixed soon. I'm not seeing the Harley crash though.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
This is as old as the game, but since it's not mentioned, might as well add it.
Funhouse:
The continuous lightshow after collecting a million+ in multiball should be pretty fancy, tied with the music and everything. Right now, it will just cycle the clock lights in a circular order, which is one of the many light show sequences that should be playing. You can check it out in Pinmame how it should be, or I can record in on a Funhouse I play at a local arcade. I think it's the same issue with the Champion Pub lifebar lightshow, they just can't sync their recorded music to the rom's lightshows. But they should just let them play out of sync imo, instead of replacing them with something dull.

I've recently spent quite some time listening to a real Addams and STTNG machine, and I'm 100% positive there is no audio pitch difference between TPA and the real thing. I see Cusin it, and the Admiral mentioned, I've paid close attention to them. Might want to revisit that, and cross it off the list.
The sound difference is still quite obvious with NGG, SS, CV, TOM and TOTAN, so no change with these.

The shooter rod misalignment is not mentioned with TZ. Play around with the camera angles in the plunger camera, it's really visible. You can't see it from the top, and it's off to the side looking from the front.

Also, I tried to explain this a long time ago, but the Indy500's turbo animation is off. Right now, it has no transition animation for going from fast to slow rotation, it just immediately switches speed. It should gradually slow down. It is really visible when a ball gets ejected from lock outside of multiball.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
This is as old as the game, but since it's not mentioned, might as well add it.
Funhouse:
The continuous lightshow after collecting a million+ in multiball should be pretty fancy, tied with the music and everything. Right now, it will just cycle the clock lights in a circular order, which is one of the many light show sequences that should be playing. You can check it out in Pinmame how it should be, or I can record in on a Funhouse I play at a local arcade. I think it's the same issue with the Champion Pub lifebar lightshow, they just can't sync their recorded music to the rom's lightshows. But they should just let them play out of sync imo, instead of replacing them with something dull.

I've recently spent quite some time listening to a real Addams and STTNG machine, and I'm 100% positive there is no audio pitch difference between TPA and the real thing. I see Cusin it, and the Admiral mentioned, I've paid close attention to them. Might want to revisit that, and cross it off the list.
The sound difference is still quite obvious with NGG, SS, CV, TOM and TOTAN, so no change with these.

The shooter rod misalignment is not mentioned with TZ. Play around with the camera angles in the plunger camera, it's really visible. You can't see it from the top, and it's off to the side looking from the front.

Also, I tried to explain this a long time ago, but the Indy500's turbo animation is off. Right now, it has no transition animation for going from fast to slow rotation, it just immediately switches speed. It should gradually slow down. It is really visible when a ball gets ejected from lock outside of multiball.

I read this while power was out, so I'll go through each as quickly but thoroughly as I can.

FunHouse: I'm not sure how it is on the real thing. It could be an entirely different setting or ROM (heck, since there's no Pro mode, I don't know which ROM they use). I'll bring this up to FlippyFloppy, just in case. FunHouse needs touching up, regardless. Champion Pub's issue, though, has been confirmed.

2nd paragraph/issue: No, no, no! Addams Family is mostly fine. Either it's me, or most people don't even notice the difference in audio pitch. I guess I have this hunch where "This doesn't sound the way it should" or something similar, even though the callouts themselves are correct. It's that tiny difference in pitch that's bugging me out. Anyway, NGG and ToM are fine, but the others you mentioned (STTNG, CV, SS, and TotAN) have this, among others. Most of the issues are in Seasons 1-3; feel free to compare the Operator Menu beeps on those games with those on others like TZ, Jack*Bot, and Indy 500. Again, it's a very, very, subtle difference.

TZ: I brought up the Shooter rod issue to FlippyFloppy at Farsight. Art department. Gotta wait for that.

Indy 500: Yeah, I noticed this too. Would be nice to see the Turbo Bobby reworked so it functions properly. I'm sure it's a cosmetic thing, but still.

Last edited:

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
FH:
I'm sure Farsight knows, it seems like an intentional shortcut, I can see how it would be hard to get it synced, since audio is not playing from the rom. I know it is not a rom setting / rom version difference.
I've thrown this video together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ixdcqwX90I. VP footage begins at 0:48. It's loud.
The difference between the 2 lightshow is night and day.

Also note the missing bass in the music at 0:08 and 0:40, which can be heard from the original rom at 0:54 and 1:26.
It's VP, it was easier to record. Can confirm it's the same as the real machine.

Edit:
Listening for the 2nd time, it's not just that "door slamming" bass that's missing. There are so many noises here and there in the VP, like when collecting the million+, which should be there in the real one as well.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
FH:
I'm sure Farsight knows, it seems like an intentional shortcut, I can see how it would be hard to get it synced, since audio is not playing from the rom. I know it is not a rom setting / rom version difference.
I've thrown this video together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ixdcqwX90I. VP footage begins at 0:48. It's loud.

Also note the missing bass in the music at 0:08 and 0:40, which can be heard from the original rom at 0:54 and 1:26.
It's VP, it was easier to record. Can confirm it's the same as the real machine.

Now, the missing bass is a whole different story. They're probably in, but they could just be separate sound calls for the flashing.

Regardless, that looks like a completely different light sequence. It might have to be put in.

Last edited:

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
Bride of Pinbot seems problematic at the moment. I just played it a few times and I never had so many problems. Several times a ball that came down that right ramp ended up in the plunger lane (a very useful feature during multiball). This has not happened before.
After a "partial link" the locked ball somehow came out (no idea how) and I had an unexpected multiball which for the table of course wasn't a multiball.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.70.6 Fixes:

Sorcerer specials should be fixed and attainable.
Haunted House crash is fixed.
Elvira crash is fixed.
Black Knight: All scores x2 insert is fixed.

Bugs:

Banzai Run:

Ball can phase through tip of the flippers in the Hill.
Camera phasing issue during Multiball. Can either not go from Main to Hill or vice versa when exiting from Hill.
King of the Hill music doesn't loop correctly, playing that intro portion again when it doesn't need to. The music is fine, but the added flasher effects are missing right before the main King of the Hill music plays. https://youtu.be/owQYSjmuTFE?t=22m11s

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Can confirm the HH and EatPM crashbugs being fixed. But the Harley Davidson Cam-2 crash bug remains. Other cam work fine, but if you switch to Cam-2, it crashes.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Can confirm the HH and EatPM crashbugs being fixed. But the Harley Davidson Cam-2 crash bug remains. Other cam work fine, but if you switch to Cam-2, it crashes.

I'm still not seeing this. What resolution do you use, by any chance? You may have a different monitor from what I've seen from your streams.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Started the newest version (with Banzai Run) and it immediately credited me with the Banzai Run high score achievement (I mean, upon launch, I hadn't played the table yet).

I realize that "if you had the save file issues at any point, everything is suspect, and you're going to keep seeing weirdness" is the correct answer. I know Pinballwiz45b has said flat-out that I should just delete my save, and I apologize to him for not doing it. I'm still not sure how I got the bug in the first place, since I don't use Steam cloud saves, but regardless of how I got here, I'm just not interested in nuking all my legitimate achievements. (Some of those I achieved only through a miracle and I will never get them again.) On the other hand, if the game is going to keep giving me unearned achievements because of this garbage, then there's less and less point to keeping the ones I have ...

Anyway, I guess my point is, if you do have a save file that apparently got touched by the madness, you're still going to keep seeing unearned achievements in this version.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Started the newest version (with Banzai Run) and it immediately credited me with the Banzai Run high score achievement (I mean, upon launch, I hadn't played the table yet).

I realize that "if you had the save file issues at any point, everything is suspect, and you're going to keep seeing weirdness" is the correct answer. I know Pinballwiz45b has said flat-out that I should just delete my save, and I apologize to him for not doing it. I'm still not sure how I got the bug in the first place, since I don't use Steam cloud saves, but regardless of how I got here, I'm just not interested in nuking all my legitimate achievements. (Some of those I achieved only through a miracle and I will never get them again.) On the other hand, if the game is going to keep giving me unearned achievements because of this garbage, then there's less and less point to keeping the ones I have ...

Anyway, I guess my point is, if you do have a save file that apparently got touched by the madness, you're still going to keep seeing unearned achievements in this version.

When I first started up TPA I got the high score achievement and automatically started with the first three wizard goals complete when I started Banzai Run, plus the scores were bonkers with highs in the bijillions :p, luckily I reset it before playing.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012

Better late than never. There are others who haven't done this yet, so I'm going to put this up on the Master List to warn others. It's a non-issue now that it's been fixed, but even today, some still have borked files and ignored/haven't seen/etc. the warnings. Ever since Pistol Poker released and they tried fixing the Steam Cloud issue, everyone's save file that updated with Pistol Poker has more or less corrupted. Keep in mind, I was affected by this too and have unlocked a few myself because of that. If any of you skipped Pistol Poker entirely and skipped straight to Sorcerer, you might be alright.

On point: I forgive you.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts