Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Man, they just can't figure that Scared Stiff backbox out. Now they managed to make the spider diseappear, while the rest is still super low quality. (tested in DX11 only)

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
I think I found a bug in Fathom (unless the rules are really strange):

I had one ball locked on the right (not the left orbit), drained the ball and then locked ball came out of the lock. It dropped the drop targets and was in play. The bonus had counted down before that and now I was on ball 2. When I locked the ball again I was no longer on ball 2 but on ball 3. The ball again came out of the lock and dropped the drop targets from behind as before. When I drained that one my game was over.

I would be surprised if this how the table is supposed to behave...

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
Happend this moment on Paragon:

Ball entered the golden cliffs and then nothing happend. Nudging did nothing. I tilted the table and it got stuck on tilt. No third ball. Call attendant says ball not stuck.

EDIT: it happend again a few games later after a drained ball. Table just doesn't continue.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I'm holding myself back from going off on one again! I really am.

What with PBFX 3 being less than well optimized, I'm losing faith in digital pinball...

Well, PFX3 is still just over a week old-and just getting the face-lift after seven years. But Zen seems to be addressing issues quickly. With all of the new standard features they offer (which are a lot), something's bound to come up now and then. I'd consider Zen the exception for now.

But with Pro Pinball Ultra fading out, SPA not getting updated, Wicked Pinball getting pushed back for the umpteenth time, Zaccaria getting too ambitious for its' own good, and TPA introducing bugs that would overwhelm an Orkin employee, you may be right.

Digital pinball is such a small market. Optimization seems to be too much to ask.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
1.65.12 in DX11 - Safe Cracker is loaded with graphical glitches on the top of the screen. Exiting out glitches the entire TPA game. Restarting the app returns to normal, but Safe Cracker messes it up again.

Wolis

Jul 12, 2012
I have had this happen to me numerous times on different tables so I would not class it "uncommon" :

When two balls are next to each other on a flipper, a glitch in which one ball "phases" through the flipper occurs. Uncommon.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Reporting a bug that is mentioned on the Steam forum, but not here. When someone plays Fathom then Eight Ball Deluxe, the game tilts when you use the flippers.

If you go straight to EBD, it will work ok. Once you play Fathom, the bug goes into action and will stay 'active' until you exit and reboot TPA.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
1.65.12 in DX11 - Safe Cracker is loaded with graphical glitches on the top of the screen. Exiting out glitches the entire TPA game. Restarting the app returns to normal, but Safe Cracker messes it up again.

Could you try validating your game files? We're not seeing this problem in the office.

If you don't know how to do that, here's how:
  1. Right click the game in steam and go to Properties
  2. Go to the Local Files tab
  3. Click Verify Integrity of Game Files

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Could you try validating your game files? We're not seeing this problem in the office.

If you don't know how to do that, here's how:
  1. Right click the game in steam and go to Properties
  2. Go to the Local Files tab
  3. Click Verify Integrity of Game Files

Thank you Brandon-I'll try that this weekend. dave950lam mentioned the EBD bug when playing Fathom first. That could be a possibility with SC as well, since I had played Fathom first before selecting SC when that happened.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
I also had similar issues with Safe Cracker. Don't know if it has any relevance, or it was just a coincidence, but it started happening after I got a magic token.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012

By any chance, is the UI losing certain portions of the menus or interfaces, or loading the wrong images? I may be experiencing something similar.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I replicated it just now. I also replicated the EBD Tilt on Flipper scenario -- you have to enter Fathom first to enable this issue.

EDIT 3,000 posts right here.

Last edited:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I replicated it just now. I also replicated the EBD Tilt on Flipper scenario -- you have to enter Fathom first to enable this issue.

I don't own Fathom and encounter that bug on the regular it seems to occur anytime after you have changed the table 4+ times.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Pinballwiz45, you've just reached 3,000 posts. What are you going to do next? :)

Anyway, thank you for pointing this out. Brandon replied to my post quickly, so I followed his advice and checked the integrity of my files. That was OK.
I've noticed this happens when playing multiple tables in one session. The next time I played SC (25/26 tokens ugh!), it was fine. Then I played Gladiators, CBW, and Gorgar, but the Getaway had those glitches you've mentioned. So it doesn't seem to affect any one game in particular, but the UI.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Rolled over the score in Victory, 119 million. Only registered the score as 19 million for both local and leaderboard. DX11.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Rolled over the score in Victory, 119 million. Only registered the score as 19 million for both local and leaderboard. DX11.

This is one of my biggest beefs with TPA's HoF scoring system. (CJ as an example)-You could have an easy 1000 if your score is 125M. But rollovers don't count so your HoF score is 250 instead, since it only shows as 25M.

I've also had this problem with Whirlwind, BoP, and Diner just to name a few.

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
Ghostbusters:
-lights went out at some point, except for one white light left to the ecto goggles and the tobins light. After the ball ended, the lights came back on.
-ball went through the left scoop into the captive balls and stayed there. Ball search started after a while and I was given to balls.

EDIT:
-no more plunger cam in that game after the previous bugs.

EDIT 2:
-this table looses balls on a regular basis.
....aaaand after the last lost ball there seems to be none left in the machine....ball search forever, tilting brings us to the next ball.....or shall I say ballsearch.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.66.5 Bugs: (Still compiling.)

General:

The UI can bug out when entering, starting a game, resetting, and leaving multiple tables.

Ghostbusters

Turn down the music and sounds slightly in-game? It's blasting and clipping at 100% volume.
Resetting a game leaves a rolling ball sound, if a ball was present.
Lights can go out at times.
Ball can interfere with or clip into the captive ball zone, sometimes interfering with balls locked in the rollover area.
Some light is tied in to the Terror Dog light beneath the ramp.
Stray GI lights around the middle and right-center playfield. Pay attention when in Video Mode or end of ball bonus.

Fixes:

Scared Stiff:

T.7. 04, Main Play 5 Music, is missing: see here.
When entering Monster Multiball for the first time, the camera pans all the way back to the plunger, making the game hard to play.

Bride of Pin*Bot:

Missing a wall between the right outlane and the plunger lane.

Genie:

Menu music plays when a game is abandoned, even when it's on 0%.

Last edited:

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
In general, I find the sound (music not the mechanical sounds) of Ghostbusters quite bad and scratchy. I noticed this especially in the intro music (during choosing the skill shot) and during "We got one". The piano here sounds like it's coming out of a broken tin box (or for those old enough - it sounds like from a worn-out cassette) but not like the real table where the piano sounds like a piano.

I also had the all lights out bug. I was told to hit the Terror Dog target but there was no single light on during that ball. To be honest, I started a new game and the lights were back on.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.