Bug Save Data bug

Frito

Jan 21, 2015
Just wasted another 15 minutes playing Lights Camera Action, achieving some of the goals, turning the game off, going back to check it and finding nothing is saved, goals, scores, or settings. Very very annoyed.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Fantastic news! Having bought into all of the seasons so far, it's quite a vast amount to spend on tables that although perfectly playable for the most part, aren't working the way they should within the confines of the rest of the game.

Frito

Jan 21, 2015
Were working on the update now.
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] can I just ask why your Facebook rep doesn't respond to questions about this, I have not been aggressive or rude, I just think it is deplorable the way I have been ignored on that page

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] can I just ask why your Facebook rep doesn't respond to questions about this, I have not been aggressive or rude, I just think it is deplorable the way I have been ignored on that page

It was a communication mistake between the previous Facebook Rep and the new one. There should be a rep following up on messages and post.

Frito

Jan 21, 2015
It was a communication mistake between the previous Facebook Rep and the new one. There should be a rep following up on messages and post.
He did respond in the end but it's too late, I didn't see the funny side of his response so have blocked the Facebook page. I love your tables but in the end you have to have some standards, it's not asking too much to reply to a customer who wants to know why a game doesn't work in a fundamental way and isn't being fixed, I did spend the money after all. Have a nice day yourself and at least you have been helpful.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
He did respond in the end but it's too late, I didn't see the funny side of his response so have blocked the Facebook page. I love your tables but in the end you have to have some standards, it's not asking too much to reply to a customer who wants to know why a game doesn't work in a fundamental way and isn't being fixed, I did spend the money after all. Have a nice day yourself and at least you have been helpful.

Hopefully once we get the update with the rest of season 4 fixed and address the major issues, the scales will start to become more balanced. I spoke with the Facebook rep so if you have any other issues or concerns, feel free to send me a private message.

DocSamson

May 6, 2015
Been another week waiting for the X1 fixes and the sale. Been waiting patiently to buy everything since upgrading to an X1. Cmon guys!

Sm00th

Aug 28, 2015
I used to have this exact problem, but I found a solution! When you play TPA and you're finished, simply push the lit up button on your controller to bring you to the home screen. TPA should still be there in the biggest window. Push the start button on the controller and a menu should pop up. Just select quit to end the app. Also, if you start to play TPA and when it loads, none of your goals are loaded. Do the same method and load up TPA again. Hope this helps everyone!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I used to have this exact problem, but I found a solution! When you play TPA and you're finished, simply push the lit up button on your controller to bring you to the home screen. TPA should still be there in the biggest window. Push the start button on the controller and a menu should pop up. Just select quit to end the app. Also, if you start to play TPA and when it loads, none of your goals are loaded. Do the same method and load up TPA again. Hope this helps everyone!

So basically you have to use the Xbox button to get to the Dashboard and then select the Menu button to Quit the app. If and when your loading the game and the save data isn't present, you have to quit and load the game again until it loads your save data?

How many times do you have to repeat the process until the save data is restored?

Jun 29, 2013
I always Quit the Pinball Arcade App when I stop playing because if you don't and you leave it running for a few hours and come back to play again the scores of your next played table never save. I learned that the hard way when played a little and came back at a later time and I had a great score on a table but the score never saved/uploaded to the leaderboards.

If my goals and score don't load up I quit the app and wait a few minutes and they show up then.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
So basically you have to use the Xbox button to get to the Dashboard and then select the Menu button to Quit the app. If and when your loading the game and the save data isn't present, you have to quit and load the game again until it loads your save data?

How many times do you have to repeat the process until the save data is restored?

It took me two or three attempts at quitting and reloading to restore something at least, but it certainly isn't my original save, as I only have one goal on The Addams Family, and all standard goals on Attack from Mars, whereas originally, before I lost any data, I had many goals across all of the current tables.

It also hasn't remembered any of my skinned balls, so I'm guessing it's going off of my most recent activity the other night.

Finally, it still doesn't make a physical save on the HDD, so who's to say if this cycling method doesn't just restore the game to the last time you played it, and won't actually consistently remember anything?

Regardless, I hope that you guys can get it figured out in time for the new tables releasing!

Last edited:

Sm00th

Aug 28, 2015

Right. I'm not sure what the button just to the right of the Xbox button is called. For years it's been called the start button (thanks for changing that btw Microsoft). But push that and select quit in the grey menu. There are two colors in this menu. Usually I only have to do it once. The second time I load up TPA, everything is usually fine.

Sm00th

Aug 28, 2015
So I was visiting my parents these past few days. They wanted to see TPA in action. I brought my Xbox with me to show them. I had a hell of a time trying to get my save to load. It seems the XB1 is very resource hungry. Meaning it takes a pretty decent internet connection to actually get anything to load properly. This could be some problems people are having, and it's not a PA issue.

Basically she has a 3MB download, and 1MB upload connection. Out of the 3 days I was there, I got PA to load my data maybe twice. Just a thought.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I've forwarded all info regarding the Save Data bug to the programmer working on the update. Thanks everyone for your feedback!! If anything else comes up, feel free to message me or continue to post here.

DocSamson

May 6, 2015
It's been rumored that the season sale will finally happen next week, but I can't imagine that's true until there's an update fixing everything first.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I've forwarded all info regarding the Save Data bug to the programmer working on the update. Thanks everyone for your feedback!! If anything else comes up, feel free to message me or continue to post here.

Nice to see that there are new tables out today for the Xbox One:

Cyclone
Red & Ted's Road Show
Safe Cracker
Xenon

However, what is the point when the save game bug STILL persists, meaning there is little to no point in playing them, as high scores and goals will be reset every time you quit out?

Would it not make more sense to prioritise fixing the game, over getting new content out?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Nice to see that there are new tables out today for the Xbox One:

Cyclone
Red & Ted's Road Show
Safe Cracker
Xenon

However, what is the point when the save game bug STILL persists, meaning there is little to no point in playing them, as high scores and goals will be reset every time you quit out?

Would it not make more sense to prioritise fixing the game, over getting new content out?

Regarding the latest update, Microsoft did approve the content update and we have been working with Microsoft to come up with a resolution regarding the Cloud save feature not working. Basically whats happening is after you sign in, there is a Loading... image on the lower right side of the screen. It should tick a few times showing that it is communicating with the Microsoft Cloud server but currently it is failing. Were working on an update so that the game will save to the HDD.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Ah, good to know. Enjoying the new tables so far, will still stream them for others to see in the mean time. Thanks for the update!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.