Table with Easiest and Hardest Wizard Goals?

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I bet all your tables are widebodies and have missing targets and replacement parts...

The tables I play have been battered to the point where it doesn't matter how many people have played them. I've suggested to the operator many times to get them fixed, but they always give me the same response... Pimpin ain't easy

:( I've ruined this thread :( please continue about goals that are hard and easy and such. The hardest goal is to have a goal. Lol?

Last edited:

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
I had the same issue with music dying on Victory(PS3), and the only way I could figure out to get it to come back was to quit fully out of TPA and restart. Shame, because the music is fantastic. Somehow I doubt I'll ever get that FUEL special, I don't think I've ever even managed to light it since I have such a hard time aiming with those flippers. I just keep sending the ball in the general direction of the drop targets and hope it hits the right one before it ends up in one of the escape channels. I also very rarely hunt for the goals specifically, I just play the tables and if it happens it happens.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Like I said before, my goals had been wiped clean, I've slowly been working on the Wizards.

Oh ok, sorry, I didn't know. If I remember well, it's not indicated in the table instructions that the targets require to be shoot in order when Special is lit. So I thought that like a many of us, you didn't know this when attempting this wizard goal for the first time.

Wrong. You're a Wizard Goals Hunter, so my post is irrelevant. Sorry again!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Oh ok, sorry, I didn't know. If I remember well, it's not indicated in the table instructions that the targets require to be shoot in order when Special is lit. So I thought that like a many of us, you didn't know this when attempting this wizard goal for the first time.

Wrong. You're a Wizard Goals Hunter, so my post is irrelevant. Sorry again!

You're fine man. your posts are never irrelevant. Don't think of me as one of the 'greats'. I have a lot to learn from the likes of Veric, eldars, switch, invitro, captain, pinwiz (that was a bad idea, in the fact that if I leave one out I'll get punched in the face). Oh and SYT, Jared, hery, (this was a bad idea)

War Bot

Jul 29, 2015
Update of progress: A lot of my wizard goals seem to be captured in happenstance moments, Not the best pinball player so I feel lucky when I get one in say a multi ball or mini game. Standard goals are often achieved in the same manner but the jump from standard to wizard is real and no joke lol
Part of the reason I am doing this challenge is to get better and really learn these tables, so if I see them in real life out in the wild I will get my quarters worth by knowing those shots
Anywho...Central F'n Park, 1 wizard goal to go and it's beyond frustrating , 1000 points in one ball shouldn't be that hard, in fact it sounds rather easy once you get what the table wants [Allow the ball to play itself mostly and wait to use flippers] But man oh man those drains can just happen. I am not daunted though I shall continue.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Anywho...Central F'n Park, 1 wizard goal to go and it's beyond frustrating , 1000 points in one ball shouldn't be that hard, in fact it sounds rather easy once you get what the table wants [Allow the ball to play itself mostly and wait to use flippers] But man oh man those drains can just happen. I am not daunted though I shall continue.

I'd say that's a pretty hard one as far as wizard goals go. Definitely need some luck on that one!

I had a hard time with Victory F-U-E-L as well, and I think the bat special(?) on Co1812 was kind of tough. There is one on Scared Stiff as well that was really annoying for me - Land in the secret passage. It took a long time before that happened, and it didn't register the first three times I hit it :/ Of course if I ever play it afterwards I land in that passage frequently :)

War Bot

Jul 29, 2015
There is one on Scared Stiff as well that was really annoying for me - Land in the secret passage. It took a long time before that happened, and it didn't register the first three times I hit it :/ Of course if I ever play it afterwards I land in that passage frequently :)

What really gets me is when I try and try and try for a goal , I mean really really aim and set up shots and nothing..only for my girlfriend to get it within 5 minutes not even trying, it has hap[pened a few times, but I don't tell her so she doesn't get a big head

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Genie 3m, fuel and tcp's UC for me so far. But I'm only half way through season 4 atm. Dracula 300m coffin and poto 5x might also join that list.

Fuel I have done but it didn't register so I just hacked it into the save instead. Can't be arsed to spend ages doing it again just to get around FarSights bug.

Pod

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Genie 3m, fuel and tcp's UC for me so far. But I'm only half way through season 4 atm. Dracula 300m coffin and poto 5x might also join that list.

Fuel I have done but it didn't register so I just hacked it into the save instead. Can't be arsed to spend ages doing it again just to get around FarSights bug.

Pod

I'm tempted to hack the save just for Al's Garage Band's 200M jackpot. I've earned it five times, but the goal never triggered. Twice I have e-mailed FarSight about that bug and they can't seem to duplicate it. I hate it when bugs prevent you from earning an achievement that is rightfully yours. As much as I despise the tougher goals, I can handle going for them if they are not bugged. Two months after release, FarSight has finally fixed the 300M dog bonus bug in Wipeout. I would have been so mad if I had reached it and earned that bonus but got no achievement since that goal is such a grinder, and one you can only go for at the expense of everything else in the game.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
I'm tempted to hack the save just for Al's Garage Band's 200M jackpot. I've earned it five times, but the goal never triggered. Twice I have e-mailed FarSight about that bug and they can't seem to duplicate it. I hate it when bugs prevent you from earning an achievement that is rightfully yours. As much as I despise the tougher goals, I can handle going for them if they are not bugged. Two months after release, FarSight has finally fixed the 300M dog bonus bug in Wipeout. I would have been so mad if I had reached it and earned that bonus but got no achievement since that goal is such a grinder, and one you can only go for at the expense of everything else in the game.

Just in case you didn't know. The save file is protected by a checksum and a cross ref with other file(s). Unless you know what you're doing any tampering will reset everything.
I've also been unable to follow the backup and restore instructions on the forum (I'm assuming they're out of date and FarSight added more checks) so if you are going to try I suggest you install under another user and play around with that save game first.

Pod

Joe Schmoe

Oct 11, 2017
Easiest - The 3-shot ricochet on Black Rose first comes to mind. I got that just by playing normally.

Hardest (that I can think of):

Get 1k in one ball on Central Park. Getting just 100 points in one ball can be a struggle, especially if you never nudge the table.
Get 3 mil on Genie. I think I've yet to even get one mil on that table, let alone 3!

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Easiest - The 3-shot ricochet on Black Rose first comes to mind. I got that just by playing normally.

Hardest (that I can think of):

Get 1k in one ball on Central Park. Getting just 100 points in one ball can be a struggle, especially if you never nudge the table.
Get 3 mil on Genie. I think I've yet to even get one mil on that table, let alone 3!

1k on one ball on CP isn't anywhere near as hard as some of the others. You'll do it eventually even with minimal nudging (I did it on an iphone 4).

I've now crossed off - 5 planet nuke on Starship troopers (then drained before I could start klandathu!!!), 3 EB/Specials on El Dorado and all 3 levels doubled on Haunted House. Still cant get over 1.5M on Genie and I've now failed the Ultimate challenge on The champion pub 6 times!

:(

Pod

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
The secret for Ultimate Challenge is the smart punches. Get as many as you can. Take that from every skill shot. You should have 10-12 for the wizard mode, so you can beat just the first three boxers normally then the last two entirely by spamming smart punches.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
The secret for Ultimate Challenge is the smart punches. Get as many as you can. Take that from every skill shot. You should have 10-12 for the wizard mode, so you can beat just the first three boxers normally then the last two entirely by spamming smart punches.

That's been my plan. I never have 10+ tho. I usually have about 8. 3-5 from new ball skill shots, 1-2 from bar fly, 1-2 from jump rope, 2 from lock ball restarts. Then I use 3 to ko opponents 3-5 to make it harder to bug out UC.
Doesn't help though. Even trying to avoid the bug yesterday a random slingshot manged to ko opponent 3 :( I also had another bug where opponent 5 caused the toy to turn around so I was unable to hit him and I ran out of smart punches. He depleted all my life :(

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
I've also started the 26 token safe cracker goal. That's a ****ty goal as well. Not only is it massively random but the game ****s you over due to the bug where it only saves your progress atm if you get a highscore. As such I sometimes forget to go set an easy one in another table and close the app losing the tokens I'd gained that session. I've reported this to FarSight but dunno when it'll be fixed.
The other annoyance is that it's also bugged on android so you can't see your coin collection at all so I can't even morally claim I've managed to collect them all if I did.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.