Table with Easiest and Hardest Wizard Goals?

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Hell im having trouble with some of the standard goals let alone the wizard goals.Out of 294 achievements I’m currently at 160 achievements.If anyone here has the whole 294 achievements they deserve a bloody nobel prize :p

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I wanted to mention into here, the only game I can think with a difficult Standard Goal. Being Star Trek TNG, not just starting video mode, but completing it. It took me a long time to get through that and I eventually did it on accident.

You can google the pattern for the Star Trek TNG video mode, the tunnel is always the same - this helped me get past that goal. Of course starting it is sometimes non-trivial.

The standard goal that I am stuck on and think is the hardest is the video mode on Champion Pub, the spittoon one. It just seems impossible to me.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hell im having trouble with some of the standard goals let alone the wizard goals.Out of 294 achievements I’m currently at 160 achievements.If anyone here has the whole 294 achievements they deserve a bloody nobel prize :p

I had virtually all the goals for seasons 1 and 2 on the PS3 when I switched over to PC. I then created the table of the week thread and spent the next 15 months going table by table trying to earn all the goals. That took me all the way through season 5, and I think I was only missing 3 or 4 goals at that point. I kind of stopped going for them after, as it was killing the fun. On top of that I had a problem with my PC and temporarily lost all the goals but got them back with Xanija's help. Then a few months back, my motherboard died and I built an entirely new PC. I lost all my goals for good this time. I no longer even fret about them, and unless FarSight does what EVERY SINGLE OTHER GAME on Steam does, saving your data on Steam's servers and not on your own PC, I'm not going to chase goals again. Glad I never found all the Safecracker tokens, because that would have royally pissed me off to lose.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
You can google the pattern for the Star Trek TNG video mode, the tunnel is always the same - this helped me get past that goal. Of course starting it is sometimes non-trivial.

Yes I know there is a set pattern to use. I know about it from the actual game, but i didn't care enough to cheat my way through it by following a move list I found online.

dmil666

May 19, 2018

Hear, hear! Some of the standard goals are pretty tough, plus some of the tables are really picky (or maybe buggy?) about accepting goals. TxSector, for instance, refuses to acknowledge that I've hit the lit special, even though I've done it at least three times. Grrrr.
Right now I'm at 184 achievements, 5 wizard completes and labouring on...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hear, hear! Some of the standard goals are pretty tough, plus some of the tables are really picky (or maybe buggy?) about accepting goals. TxSector, for instance, refuses to acknowledge that I've hit the lit special, even though I've done it at least three times. Grrrr.
Right now I'm at 184 achievements, 5 wizard completes and labouring on...

If I recall correctly, there’s a certain sequence you need to complete in order for the special to count toward the goal. It’s not explained in the game, but people talked about it in the tables forum thread. I personally think the goals in TX are some of the worst conceived in all of TPA, as some have nothing to do with anything you’d ever do on a real machine for points.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
The standard goal that I am stuck on and think is the hardest is the video mode on Champion Pub, the spittoon one. It just seems impossible to me.

It's not that hard, and I've gotten it multiple times while working towards Wizard Goals. The key is to remember that you don't need to collect all the spit. Sometimes it's better to stay close to the center rather than rushing across to a single spit. Also an obvious tip (but something I didn't realize right away), is that you can hold the flippers instead of repeatedly pressing them to move left and right. Finally, if you play it enough times you'll get a lucky distribution, so increase your number of attempts per hour by picking Door Prize, to hope for either lighting it or starting the first fight, and restart as soon as you fail.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
If I recall correctly, there’s a certain sequence you need to complete in order for the special to count toward the goal. It’s not explained in the game, but people talked about it in the tables forum thread. I personally think the goals in TX are some of the worst conceived in all of TPA, as some have nothing to do with anything you’d ever do on a real machine for points.

Rats. I just went through the entire TxSector section of the tables forum, and the only reference to specials is in relation to getting extra balls, especially the "valueless extra ball" which is evidently a wizard goal. I've gotten extra balls several times, it's just the !$#$% specials that are elusive for me.
Thanks anyway for the idea.

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016
Mainly only played Season 1 but the easiest wizards are the ones I have completed as I am a casual player at this point.

So Tales, Gorgar, Bride of Pinbot, No Good Gofers, and Black Hole.

Really close on Harley Davidson, only have 1 wizard goal left of reaching Milwaukee and got to 13th-14th city without playing much or really knowing what I am doing. Big Shot seems like it should be easy but cannot get 250K, have not gotten 200K even. Heard Taxi was easier but have not played that outside of the quick standard goals.

For anything after Season 1, not sure except that Central Park is a walk in the park. The beauty of it is that each game is so quick that even if you fail, it does not take much time. Like Big Shot that way, only easier to complete the wizard goals as you can get like 15 extra balls without trying!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Rats. I just went through the entire TxSector section of the tables forum, and the only reference to specials is in relation to getting extra balls, especially the "valueless extra ball" which is evidently a wizard goal. I've gotten extra balls several times, it's just the !$#$% specials that are elusive for me.
Thanks anyway for the idea.

Hmmm, I coulda sworn we had that discussion in those threads. Okay, are there two different ways of earning a special? I seem to remember that being the case, and of course it's the harder of the two that is the one required. Or was that the extra ball thing? Gah, I really hated that table and have no intention of firing it up to help you out! I do recall struggling to get the special goal too, thinking it was a bug, only to find out it was just really deceptive in how you had to earn it. You know who probably could answer this for you? Hey [MENTION=1051]Pinballwiz45b[/MENTION] can you step in here and solve this mystery?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
If you start Multiball, an Extra Ball will be ready at one of the two targets in either lane, left or right.

The Special is also located there, and both can be changed back and forth. Except the Special is lit by advancing/collecting the drops at 3x Energy.

What you'll want to do is to earn the Special before getting the Extra Ball. You can activate Multiball, but you'll have to avoid getting the Extra Ball or you're forced to start fresh on the next ball/game.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If you start Multiball, an Extra Ball will be ready at one of the two targets in either lane, left or right.

The Special is also located there, and both can be changed back and forth. Except the Special is lit by advancing/collection the drops to 3x Energy.

What you'll want to do is to earn the Special before getting the Extra Ball. You can activate Multiball, but you'll have to avoid getting the Extra Ball or you're forced to start fresh on the next ball/game.

Yes! How absurd the parameters are for getting that just shows how there is no reasonable explanation why you’d ever go to those lengths to prove your pinball mastery on a real table.

dmil666

May 19, 2018

The Special is also located there, and both can be changed back and forth. Except the Special is lit by advancing/collecting the drops at 3x Energy.

Ok, I knew that you had to get the 3x drops to get the special lit, but I didn't know that if you got the extra ball it voids the special and you have to start all over. Gaahh. Plus, I'm usually not in multi-ball mode when I'm going after the special - does that make a difference?
Thanks for your help.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
You're more likely to drain and lose progress in single-ball play. It helps to be in Multiball if you can manage.

Makes no difference regardless.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
You're more likely to drain and lose progress in single-ball play. It helps to be in Multiball if you can manage.

Makes no difference regardless.

Nah, when I'm in multiball I lose the extra ball(s) so fast that I might as well not bother. Especially on those tables that throw 4 or 5 balls at you at once, sheesh.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I just recently got that fast cast standard goal on Fish Tails.Nearly gave up on that goal until I somehow accidentally got it after playing a few quick games.Definately one of the more tougher standard goals in TPA that’s for sure.There are a few others I have given up on.:(
Maybe just play for fun and not worry about getting every single goal is the way to go.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I just recently got that fast cast standard goal on Fish Tails.Nearly gave up on that goal until I somehow accidentally got it after playing a few quick games.Definately one of the more tougher standard goals in TPA that’s for sure.There are a few others I have given up on.:(
Maybe just play for fun and not worry about getting every single goal is the way to go.
Fast Cast is easier once you've mastered a live catch from the plunger. The timer is tight but there is enough time to catch and shoot, rather than just flailing and hope you time it right.

It's not exactly easy on a real Fish Tales either!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Namco51

Apr 12, 2012
I remember Jive Time on The Williams Collection being a pain in the butt. You had to advance the bonus to 10,000 then hit the spin hole and pray that it lands on Double Bonus. Just getting to 10,000 was a feat without draining, but then having to hit the spin hole, and even then it was a 1 in 10 chance it would even land on double bonus. It was the worst Wizard Goal in the whole game.

dmil666

May 19, 2018

Yeah, the fast cast is tricky due to the small entry, lots of rattled shots. My best accidental shot on Fish Tales is the Double-Cross I got whilst struggling in Multi-Ball, surprised the heck out of me.
Playing for fun is definitely the hot setup, just let the goals come when they come. Having a blast with the tables is the best goal.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts