Table with Easiest and Hardest Wizard Goals?

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
I'm working on tables in release order, and am getting towards end of season 2.

Good luck! If I can make a suggestion though, even if you're going in order, play the occasional game of Safe Cracker (Season 4). The collect all tokens goal can take a very long time unless you are incredibly lucky so you might want to spread that one out. You can stop when you get the top token (The silvered bank one). It apparently has about a 1 in 200 chance of dropping.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Good luck! If I can make a suggestion though, even if you're going in order, play the occasional game of Safe Cracker (Season 4). The collect all tokens goal can take a very long time unless you are incredibly lucky so you might want to spread that one out. You can stop when you get the top token (The silvered bank one). It apparently has about a 1 in 200 chance of dropping.
The currently accepted method for Safe Cracker tokens is to play a single marathon session (leaving the game suspended overnight etc if necessary - the key being, NEVER quit the table, and NEVER exit a game in progress since this resets the tokens).

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
The currently accepted method for Safe Cracker tokens is to play a single marathon session (leaving the game suspended overnight etc if necessary - the key being, NEVER quit the table, and NEVER exit a game in progress since this resets the tokens)

Hmm, I missed the thread where one of the devs indicated that would work. I'm trying to work out if leaving this table on and suspended long enough to get up to 200 tokens in one excruciatingly long session is more evil or less evil than just hoping that 0.5% chance pays off every time.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
Hmm I've gotten 2 before and on replays later it still shows them. Is it just on some platforms that do not remember the token count?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Hmm I've gotten 2 before and on replays later it still shows them. Is it just on some platforms that do not remember the token count?

TPA saves the tokens you've already won in its data file. What it doesn't save is how many "tokens" are left "in" the machine when you "switch it off". Every time you load up Safe Cracker, it's as if the operator has just put a fresh load of tokens in the table. The same happens if you quit mid-game. Since there are 200(?) tokens in the machine when it starts, the best way you have of increasing your odds of winning new-to-you tokens is to keep Safe Cracker loaded, never quit a game, and keep winning tokens. If you have the patience (and can keep your PC or console running) to win 200 tokens you will be guaranteed to complete the set.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Whoever came up with the wizard goals for Getaway need to be slapped. They're all so tedious and not any fun to go for. Like, 15M secret mania? First you have to be lucky enough to get secret mania in the first place. Then you have to hope the ball ends up in the pop bumpers, since that's the only way you'll get enough switch hits to get 15M. At this point the only goal I have left is the 150M super jackpot, which I think I might just give up on. It's not necessarily difficult, it's just really time consuming and I don't have the patience for it.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Genie 3m, fuel and tcp's UC for me so far. But I'm only half way through season 4 atm. Dracula 300m coffin and poto 5x might also join that list.

I just got fuel by pure luck, and couldn't be happier I'm done with it. That was another one that I saw people bringing up as potential showstopper. Almost done with season 2, just need to complete Class of 1812, El Dorado and Cue Ball. From what I've read, the most difficult table left in remaining seasons is Dracula (I sure hope that's the only one, as I just want to be done with this).

dmil666

May 19, 2018
I just got fuel by pure luck, and couldn't be happier I'm done with it. That was another one that I saw people bringing up as potential showstopper. Almost done with season 2, just need to complete Class of 1812, El Dorado and Cue Ball. From what I've read, the most difficult table left in remaining seasons is Dracula (I sure hope that's the only one, as I just want to be done with this).
Aww c'mon man, don't make it chore, this is supposed to be fun stuff (in my head I just heard the voice from Xenon saying "free stuff", maybe I need a break too). Take a break. Go play some of the goofy Zen tables. Go find some real tables and thrash them thoroughly with your Wizardly skills (me, I figure that I'm either goblin or orc level, definitely higher than slime. I aspire to Maou level...).
Give yourself a break dude, you've earned it.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Aww c'mon man, don't make it chore, this is supposed to be fun stuff (in my head I just heard the voice from Xenon saying "free stuff", maybe I need a break too). Take a break. Go play some of the goofy Zen tables. Go find some real tables and thrash them thoroughly with your Wizardly skills (me, I figure that I'm either goblin or orc level, definitely higher than slime. I aspire to Maou level...).
Give yourself a break dude, you've earned it.

I'm in it just to get 100% trophies and then move on :). I did complete trophies from all Zen tables, but the fact that you can cheat by saving your game state just made the game much less appealing to me. I'm finally done with season 2, after cleaning up the Class of 1812, El Dorado: City of Gold and Cue Ball Wizard. All relatively easy compared to some of the previous entries. One thing I've learned after finishing the first 2 seasons is that I hate Gottlieb tables with a passion. Literally the 3 most difficult tables so far (in my opinion): Goin' Nuts, Genie and Big Shot, were made by those bastards. And I still have 10 more ahead of me in the remaining seasons. I don't mind a difficult table, when the gameplay doesn't put me to sleep. I absolutely loved Medieval Madness for example. Certainly not the case with Gottlieb tables (I know, it's because they're old as hell, but still). My #1 tip is to use custom green glow ball. I've used it for the first time on Goin' Nuts table, because it was hard to keep track of 3 balls on the crappy background, when you had to play both upper and lower field at the same time. Now it's the first thing I set on any new table I start playing.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, I loathe Gottlieb Premier tables too. I'm not a fan of Big Shot at all, but that's proper Gottlieb at least. When you get around to El Dorado, you'll see how much better that is to City of Gold even though they share the same layout. My main issue with them is the tables are incredibly shallow in things to do. You're right that they bore you to death. Victory could actually be a fun table if it had a completely different rule set going for it. So it's the rules, the shot selections, the horrible callouts, the mind numbing music, all of it. And then FarSight goes and throws some of the worst goals they've ever come up with at you, making up crazy challenges simply because the table rules never bothered to offer you something interesting to go for.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Yeah, I loathe Gottlieb Premier tables too. I'm not a fan of Big Shot at all, but that's proper Gottlieb at least. When you get around to El Dorado, you'll see how much better that is to City of Gold even though they share the same layout. My main issue with them is the tables are incredibly shallow in things to do. You're right that they bore you to death. Victory could actually be a fun table if it had a completely different rule set going for it. So it's the rules, the shot selections, the horrible callouts, the mind numbing music, all of it. And then FarSight goes and throws some of the worst goals they've ever come up with at you, making up crazy challenges simply because the table rules never bothered to offer you something interesting to go for.

You're right about the Farsight Wizard Goals making the tables that are already ****ty to play, even ****tier. I wish the goals were more of the Central Park variety. Just hard enough to give the boring table some play, but not to the point where you need to spend weeks on a table. On one hand I enjoy the fact that they are difficult, so you'll only get a handful of people that will ever get the trophy for completing them. On the other hand, I've got better things to do than attempting the same goal for 2 months. During Goin' Nuts I managed to catch up on a ton of podcast episodes, just by listening to them while trying to get that damn 360 goal.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Done with all Season 3 goals! I'm listing the tables in the order of difficulty I found them in from hardest to easiest. Also added the amount of days it took me to complete them in parenthesis based on trophy earned date:

1. Dracula (8 days)
  2. High Roller (4 days)
  3. Diner (2 days)
  4. Lights Camera Action! (1 day)
  5. Fish Tales (1 day)
  6. Black Knight 2000 (1 day)
  7. High Speed (1 day)
  8. Black Rose (1 day)
  9. Junk Yard (1 day)
  10. Who Dunnit (1 day)

People did mention Dracula 300M goal a few times in this thread before, and it did take me almost as much time as all the other tables combined (vid). I almost scored it on day 2, but this table is so drainy, I lost 2 out of 3 balls before even being able to make the final shot I needed. Then I couldn't even get close for a week. What sucked about the table the most is that you needed to maintain a multiball for quite a while, which was nearly impossible at the rate they were going down the outlanes. In the end you just need to get good at starting the Coffin Multiball multiple times. At least the 3 extra balls are easy to come by.

I didn't see anyone mention High Roller, but it was another table that gave me a lot of trouble with the Super Duper Mega jackpot goal, this took way longer than the other tables (besides Dracula), and the only reason I got it in the end, is thanks to a glitch which caused the balls to get stuck in the launcher during multiball allowing me to shoot required lanes with one ball only (vid).

Diner (or as most people refer to it: Drainer), was the third most difficult table, though it didn't take nearly as long as the top two. But it is probably the most drainy table I've seen in TPA so far (even worse than Dracula), and I'm glad I'll never have to play it again. The goals requiring shooting the center targets which would end bouncing and going straight into outlanes were infuriating.

I was able to complete Lights Camera Action relatively quickly, but it was another ancient Gottlieb table which I just cannot stand. The goal requiring you to spell BLOCKBUSTER was the one I thought would take me forever to complete, but I ended getting lucky and earned it fairly fast. Same goes for the random goal requiring you to get 4 of the same card.

None of the goals really stand out from the other tables, and I'm onto season 4 now, starting with The Phantom of the Opera. I was able to earn all but one goal without much effort, and sure hope the last goal (5x bonus) does not require me to complete those rollovers 5 times within 1 minute, because that is some sadistic bull**** right there.

Last edited:

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Genie done. Thats s1-3 done. Safe cracker and phantom next. I had 19 tokens on mobile for SC but I dropped it in the toilet and lost my save.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Done with all Season 4 Wizard goals! As before I'm listing the time it took me to earn each trophy (I play tables in order, and don't start a new one, until I the current one is complete):

1. Starship Troopers (53 days)
  2. Safe Cracker (14 days)
  3. Jack*Bot (14 days)
  4. The Addams Family (12 days)
  5. The Phantom of The Opera (6 days)
  6. Road Show (2 days)
  7. The Party Zone (1 days)
  8. Cyclone (1 day)
  9. Earthshaker (0 days)
  10. Xenon (0 days)

I spent more time on Starship Troopers than all the other tables combined in this season (I'm pretty sure I got 3M on genie in half this time as well). Not sure why it took so long, but I just got really sick of the constant outlane drains on that table. Ended up playing just one game a day after a couple weeks, and after a few close calls, finally got it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjGM2tH5yds

Safe Cracker takes the cake when it comes to how broken this game is. I had to spend almost two weeks keeping my PS4 on with the app suspended overnight, just to earn those 26 tokens. Took exactly 80 tokens to get the 26th unique one. One good tip that helped in the end, was using pause menu to avoid a specific dice roll (the one that is shown on the screen would not come up). That allowed me to avoid triggering alarms. Here's me finally earning the 26th token:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhG7oVHgAMo

Jack*Bot was another annoying table, because of the randomness of the Dice Goal. First you had to spend forever increasing the bet by hitting jets, and then if you somehow managed not to drain, hope that the in-game cheat would work to max out the dice roll.

The Addams Family had the marathon - 'hit this ramp 100 times in one game' goal. On one attempt I drained with only 1 loop to go. It was still easier than the 4-way combo below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbv6euJCLoU

The Phantom of the Opera looked much scarier than it turned out to be. I posted the video of the ridiculous rollover bonus wizard goal in a previous post. Here's me earning the 5th Phantom Million:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ca-vW1Aww

I don't even remember the remaining tables, except for one where I figured out a way to cheat on skillshots, that I never saw mentioned, but should work 100% on all other goals. It was on Cyclone, where you need to score 5 skillshots in a row. Simply pause the game after pulling the plunger to the right pixel, and unpause it to always release with the same force. Details in the video below:

I'm getting closer to the end. Starting Season 5 now.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
53 days! That's crazy but amazing persistence skills!
I've still not reattempted SC. I'm on pc and there no way I can leave it on for that length of time given how infrequently I can play.

Might have another crack at POTO though. Just trying to tick off LAH's double super jackpot (been one shot away a few times) and mustangs silverball stampede (been one shot away 4 bloody times! The last of which I lost 2 balls because i was playing on mobile and it failed to flip twice (probably too much sweat on the screen!))

Pod

P. S. Another candidate for hardest standard goal. The eb in acdc?

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
53 days! That's crazy but amazing persistence skills!
I've still not reattempted SC. I'm on pc and there no way I can leave it on for that length of time given how infrequently I can play.

You need 80 tokens, so if you can get 4 tokens/hour you can get it done in 20 hours. You may get it done by putting your computer in Sleep mode, rather than shutting it down. As long as you don't restart the game it will keep the progress.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
There's 2 gold tokens out of 400 iirc so 80 for you might be 399 for others. But for arguments sake let's say 80 and 20h.
I have 2 young kids. I get maybe 3h a week home pc play if I play nothing else. So that'd take me 7 weeks.
Unlikely pc would stay on all that time :)

Its just a ****ty goal and if I worked at farsight (I actually work at rocksteady) I'd never have allowed it. I'm 99% sure I'll never bother with this goal after losing my save with 19/26 already done.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.