Rollergames

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Unlike many of you I haven't played a lot of these tables in person so I tend to just be looking around on pinside.

I can see why Rollergames seems pretty popular. That looks like a very cool table.

611cfd48659b678ffc0e11f5547dab238840a39a.jpg

p6800

May 17, 2013
My nr. 1 most wanted. But it's a pipe dream. Maybe if tpa keeps going for another 10 seasons...

invitro

May 4, 2012
Have you listened to a youtube video of it yet for the theme song? It's "catchy" :). Also, notice all those corporate logos.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This and NBA Fastbreak are my most wanted. And believe me, I've been mentioning them and begging every time I'm in contact with one of the guys from FarSight! They might be able to 'Fester' the table, just depends on the license agreement and if they would be in violation for doing that to the corporate logos.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
This and NBA Fastbreak are my most wanted. And believe me, I've been mentioning them and begging every time I'm in contact with one of the guys from FarSight! They might be able to 'Fester' the table, just depends on the license agreement and if they would be in violation for doing that to the corporate logos.

Slice doesn't even exist anymore and GamePro went out of print years ago. Provided that the licensor for WMS approves, FarSight can just use generic logos, or even their own logo.

Everybody knows that "Encom" did not make the arcade version of Tron.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012

Thanks for sharing! We definitely need more unique tables in TPA. As a kid this table was more difficult because it was accompanied by taxi and bad cats, but I learned quickly that it was more rewarding to hit all the shots. We all know that if they do end up recreating this that native stereo audio is a must have! No recordings.

I wouldn't want this table butchered by bad sounds.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Slice doesn't even exist anymore and GamePro went out of print years ago. Provided that the licensor for WMS approves, FarSight can just use generic logos, or even their own logo.

Exactly my thoughts. Change Pepsi to just Cola etc and get this baby made. A pin we need for sure.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks for sharing! We definitely need more unique tables in TPA. As a kid this table was more difficult because it was accompanied by taxi and bad cats, but I learned quickly that it was more rewarding to hit all the shots. We all know that if they do end up recreating this that native stereo audio is a must have! No recordings.

I wouldn't want this table butchered by bad sounds.

Except it isn't in stereo, nor are any games from that era. Come to think of it, did WMS ever have a pin with stereo? We know Data East did.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012

I would find it hilarious if they used the Crave logo as a 360 exclusive.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Two words: "Jurassic" and "Park". We need BSMT2K in TPA. Actually don't we already have it in SST?

SST sounds worse than most other tables in TPA IMO, even the "tinny" system 11 Williams games. At least on the PC version., it has very muffled sound. BSMT what?

I sure would hate to hear how SST sounds in the PS4 version.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012

Problem is, Rollergames itself is a licensed property. It was a short-lived TV show. That's the real licensing hurdle in this game. They can change or remove the minor logos, but they can't very well change the name of the game.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Some great Rollergames talk on the most recent episode of the Pinball Podcast (episode 65). Apparently there were over 8,000 of these made. I didn't think it was that common a pin.

Here's a link to the pinball podcast webpage where you can listen to the podcast.
http://www.thepinballpodcast.com

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I just discovered one of these pins in very nice condition not too far from my home in Indianapolis. My only previous encounter was at Indiana Beach. I've been playing this newly-found one a lot and it's a very fun game with a cool combo shot and a magnet-gimmick by the upper flipper. Probably the best part is the "Rollergames! Rollergames!" crowd chant that plays at the start of multiball, it really gets you pumped. All that said, the table lacks depth. Sudden Death combo shots are where all the points are and there's not many modes.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
This is interesting! On the Google Play Store, I made a table request for Rollergames as my review for the game. Farsight actually responded, "A great suggestion and we will take it into consideration."

That's the first time they ever directly responded to one of my table requests.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Plus this is some kind of standard answer, similar to "great table, we would love to do it one day" - you will hear that quite often.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.