Video mode shifting on PC

Moonbeam

Aug 24, 2015
Hey,

So, in video mode, you're supposed to be able to upshift and downshift to change your speed; I can't figure out what keys do what. Enter/Return launches the ball and "shifts" during the game, but in the setup menu I can't find anything for two different shifting options. And for the record, I hate video modes. :)

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
It's the third flipper button, the same one that's used for magna save. You can remap that on the options.

'Y know, HS2's video mode actually ain't too bad. Better than most ones, IMO.

Inskipp

Oct 4, 2016
Still can't shift up in video mode.

I had this working in the DX9 version, but I can't get it to work in the DX11. I tried re-assigning the 2nd flipper (left and right) to other keys, and tried setting the "plunger button" to something else, but no matter what I can't shift up. I'm comfortable with editing .ini's or the registry, but I wasn't able to find the configuration details in a file anywhere.

Anyone have any luck getting this working?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Still can't shift up in video mode.

I had this working in the DX9 version, but I can't get it to work in the DX11. I tried re-assigning the 2nd flipper (left and right) to other keys, and tried setting the "plunger button" to something else, but no matter what I can't shift up. I'm comfortable with editing .ini's or the registry, but I wasn't able to find the configuration details in a file anywhere.

Anyone have any luck getting this working?

I would try restoring my keyboard config to default. When it ask you to Shift Gears, the Spacebar should shift. If you are using a controller, the alternate left trigger will shift as well as the right analog stick.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
There seems to be an issue with the controller button mappings for the 2nd flippers, too. The 2nd left flipper is activating both the 2nd left and 2nd right flippers, and the 2nd right flippers does not work at all. It seems that the 3rd flipper (or whatever the technical term is for the option to control upshifts) is also not working after the latest update.

Ronwell_Pudding

Apr 7, 2014
How would you even manage to break this in the first place? Farsight is so lazy. It's always fun to watch them release a new game and then a patch seems to come out within days of the game release like clockwork. Way to check your code guys. At least the money's coming in right?

Inskipp

Oct 4, 2016
I would try restoring my keyboard config to default. When it ask you to Shift Gears, the Spacebar should shift. If you are using a controller, the alternate left trigger will shift as well as the right analog stick.

Spacebar does shift, but you still can't shift UP during video mode. Tried defaults, tried changing, tried everything I could think of. As Ronwell_Pudding said, it is broken.

Members online

Members online