PS3 the forgotten pinballers

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
How is TPA on the PS4 graphic wise? Is there a big difference?

John it's AMAZING. You gotta get it. First game on ToTAN I beat my PS3 record, 2nd game on AFM I beat my PS3 record. This is after hundreds of games on PS3! I don't know what it is, the graphics are better for sure and the lighting looks cool but I think it might be the PS4 controller that makes the most difference. For the first time ever I felt like I was good at pinball. That I was controlling where the ball went rather than just desperately trying to keep it alive.
It is sensational. The only problem is it doesn't seem to come with a friends leaderboard. God knows why they had to drop that but I miss it.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
John it's AMAZING. You gotta get it. First game on ToTAN I beat my PS3 record, 2nd game on AFM I beat my PS3 record. This is after hundreds of games on PS3! I don't know what it is, the graphics are better for sure and the lighting looks cool but I think it might be the PS4 controller that makes the most difference.

Did you play in 1080i/p on the PS3? It's notorious that TPA on PS3 has a noticeable input lag in this resolution, due to a special image processing FX that induces a 1-frame lag or something like that.
If you play TPA in 720p on PS3, this input lag is totally gone, but the image is a lot more "grainy".

Playing tables like Diner or TZ is just night and day between 720p and 1080p (almost unplayable in 1080p). Turn off the TV post-processing to reduce the lag has a very tiny effect, it comes mainly from how the game is programmed and how the PS3 badly handles it in 1080p.

From the FAQ on the official site:

"The PS3 version seems to lag a little when I press the flipper buttons, why?

This is a known issue, and it has to do with the way the PS3 renders our game, the best way to reduce the lag is to use"game mode" on your TV if available, and make sure that all video/movie enhancing effects and features on your television are turned off."

On PS4, I guess there's no more input lag in 1080p, so it's why you beat all your highscores (above all on tables like ToTAN and AFM).

Last edited:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
John it's AMAZING. You gotta get it. First game on ToTAN I beat my PS3 record, 2nd game on AFM I beat my PS3 record. This is after hundreds of games on PS3! I don't know what it is, the graphics are better for sure and the lighting looks cool but I think it might be the PS4 controller that makes the most difference. For the first time ever I felt like I was good at pinball. That I was controlling where the ball went rather than just desperately trying to keep it alive.
It is sensational. The only problem is it doesn't seem to come with a friends leaderboard. God knows why they had to drop that but I miss it.

That sounds great, hopefully by the end of the year I'll get a PS4. I think you're just getting better at pinball :).
Your name still comes up on my friends leader board on my PS3.
That's awesome you're beating your old records.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Did you play in 1080i/p on the PS3? It's notorious that TPA on PS3 has a noticeable input lag in this resolution, due to a special image processing FX that induces a 1-frame lag or something like that.
If you play TPA in 720p on PS3, this input lag is totally gone, but the image is a lot more "grainy".

Playing tables like Diner or TZ is just night and day between 720p and 1080p (almost unplayable in 1080p). Turn off the TV post-processing to reduce the lag has a very tiny effect, it comes mainly from how the game is programmed and how the PS3 badly handles it in 1080p.

From the FAQ on the official site:

"The PS3 version seems to lag a little when I press the flipper buttons, why?

This is a known issue, and it has to do with the way the PS3 renders our game, the best way to reduce the lag is to use"game mode" on your TV if available, and make sure that all video/movie enhancing effects and features on your television are turned off."

On PS4, I guess there's no more input lag in 1080p, so it's why you beat all your highscores (above all on tables like ToTAN and AFM).

Back when I still had a tube TV, TPA wouldn't run on it after a patch went through, believe that was late 2012.
Because of that problem it was one of the main reasons I went out and got a HD TV.
It was an expensive answer to a small problem at the time, but I'm glad I did and also the TV has 3D capabilities.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
Back when I still had a tube TV, TPA wouldn't run on it after a patch went through, believe that was late 2012.
Because of that problem it was one of the main reasons I went out and got a HD TV.
It was an expensive answer to a small problem at the time, but I'm glad I did and also the TV has 3D capabilities.

yeh i've wanted to check out ps3 with 3d, isn't that possible?? :0 (i'd be willing to think seriously about movin' to that next level... would be a-awesomeness!)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
day-am, i was getting too ahead of myself... repeating myself! ;) don't ask... having a fun night, thinking about TPA and all that...

Last edited:

Members online

Members online