$50 for a Kindle Fire! Just how good is TPA on a Fire?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
How well does TPA run on Kindle Fire? For fiddy dallahs, I'm thinking about getting one.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
and still question remains, will it run OK on lollipop. Because it doesn't on Z2. And I think that Z2 is still far superior than some 50$ junk.
6.7-inch 1024 x 600 resolution display. Powering the device will be a 1.3 MHz quad-core MediaTek MT8127 Cortex-A7 processor coupled with about 1GB of RAM. On the back of the device there’s a 1.8 megapixel camera with a .3 megapixel front facing camera.

Why? Isn't there enough cheap generic crappy tablets already on the market?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
another 75-100 plus for tpa mofo

$150 for 5 seasons (so far) + $50 for the Fire. Hell, just $60 more gets me an iPad Mini 2 with all the tables already. Screw it. Nevermind. Thanks for playing.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I really like Kindle Fire. I had all my grad school texts on it. It has a good Text-to-Voice program that I love. TPA plays well on it. I got it when the iPad mini was new and the Kindle Fire was half the price.

There are probably better tech out their but I like Amazon and have had no real problems with my Kindle Fire (Gen 2ish?). The battery life has gotten noticeably less but I use it several hours everyday for 3 years so I guess that is expected.

For me, it is a no-brainer, I would get another Kindle Fire just because it would cost my $150+ just to get all my TPA tables on a different brand tablet.

The Digital Man

Nov 21, 2014
I really like Kindle Fire. I had all my grad school texts on it. It has a good Text-to-Voice program that I love. TPA plays well on it. I got it when the iPad mini was new and the Kindle Fire was half the price.

There are probably better tech out their but I like Amazon and have had no real problems with my Kindle Fire (Gen 2ish?). The battery life has gotten noticeably less but I use it several hours everyday for 3 years so I guess that is expected.

For me, it is a no-brainer, I would get another Kindle Fire just because it would cost my $150+ just to get all my TPA tables on a different brand tablet.

Agreed, I've only bought a few of my favorite tables for mine. But I really like it when I'm on the go.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014

but real kindle fire has nothing in common with this six pack of the shelf crap except the recognizable name

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
but real kindle fire has nothing in common with this six pack of the shelf crap except the recognizable name

I don't know what you are trying to say. My Gen 2 works great 3 years of every day use. And last time I visited my parents my mom was still using her Gen 1 kindle fire to watch prime and read. A $49 kindle seems like a great deal.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
And as of last month you can get all the tables in Season 1 for free on Kindle Fire, it's a different app called "Pinball Arcade Underground".

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I don't know what you are trying to say. My Gen 2 works great 3 years of every day use. And last time I visited my parents my mom was still using her Gen 1 kindle fire to watch prime and read. A $49 kindle seems like a great deal.

that real kindle fire (the one that was never 49$) is OK, but the thing we are talking about here is crap.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
It's the same as mine except it is only 8GB instead of 12GB. I have 8GB used on mine right now and it has a couple dozen books, all my school PDFs, all the TPA tables, and 6 smaller games like Catan, Small World, ect. Movies I stream from Amazon so only the viewer is on it and anything removed is saved to your Amazon cloud so you can always save it if you need to make room. If my Kindle was at full capacity now at 8GB I would still consider it a real bargain at $49.

I have used the thing everyday for the last 3 years to read books, read work docs or emails, browse the web, play TPA of course, I stream the new Star Wars movie on it and it looks better than on my TV.

Correction: As of this week I noticed the 8GB Kindle is on sale for $39.99. That's ridiculous!

Last edited:

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
CORRECTION: Kindle Fire is currently $33.33. Pinball Arcade Underground on Amazon has the first 2 seasons for free. I am not a salesman but I do love my Kindle Fire. Ridiculous.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.