Strategy (aka how to pwn)

invitro

May 4, 2012
Here's a breakdown of my recent game. Boy am I bad at multiball. I also dropped this game once I was placed within the top 10, I didn't I'd want to triple my EoBB count to meet the current #4.
Superb! How do you gather the data for that? Do you write down what you do while playing, or review the video and write stuff down then?

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
after encoding my recording I can play it back at 4x and rewind/skip forward easily. I had to since Launch bonus points are not what's advertised. My hunch while playing was that my EoBB would be the main source of points but I didn't know Kills and misc hotstreaks were worth so much, considering my first EB target was bonus loops then if I needed a second one I'd do kills.. I don't think the bonus loop spinner is worth 40% of my score.

invitro

May 4, 2012
after encoding my recording I can play it back at 4x and rewind/skip forward easily.
Thanks for the info. I hope to use it soon. :) Do you have other breakdowns like this, other than Junk Yard? If you have lots you might want to make a new thread with all of them... I'd like it anyway.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Currently on a 100m+ game. Will finish tomorrow. Have a really safe (maybe infinite) strategy that scores about 20m an hour.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
If you consider my previous game, (55.9M/160 minutes (2hr 40m)) * 60, it's 20.96m [14.25 EBs] an hour, I was using/earning an EB, on average, every 4.2 minutes. (I believe I earned EBs everytime I hit 1,xxx,xxx the mark, so I left 5 of those out)

I am genuinely curious if some of these top scores are just superior ability or solid drive to have a high score, if mark was only earning 20m an hour.. maybe I just need more drive&free time.

a majority of the tables I posted scores on I've been sandbagging, thinking I'm just being out-skilled when it comes to score, it might turn out to be just being impatient

perhaps largest score, untimed, isn't the best measure. timed tournaments might give me a better understanding

Last edited:

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
I'll refine it a lil further for u.

Easy peasy. Now everybody can get the first place. The one who wants to put the most time in.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
:) That's a sick railroad.....

So 5000 points per second, makes for 300K per minute, 18M per hour. That's close to Mark Miwurdz 20M per hour. I'll probably die before from boredom though....and this type of nudging is only possible with an analog controller I presume?

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
:) That's a sick railroad.....

So 5000 points per second, makes for 300K per minute, 18M per hour. That's close to Mark Miwurdz 20M per hour. I'll probably die before from boredom though....and this type of nudging is only possible with an analog controller I presume?

Don't know how u calculate it but something is not right. Noticed in the tournament i got above 45 million in only 20 minutes? I think about 120-130 is possible in 1 hour.

Boredom indeed. But some people are really really desperate for the 1st place spot as u might have noticed, so for those who want it .... go get it.

U are right about the controller. I think the xbox 360 wireless controller for pc is the best for nudging in tpa.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Oops, my bad! I accidentally misplaced the decimal point, so it's actually 50.000 points per second. That makes 3M per minute and 180M per hour. Now the only thing to figure out is how to automatize the nudging.... :) Somebody with LEGO Mindstorms experience may be able to cook something up....

invitro

May 4, 2012
Now the only thing to figure out is how to automatize the nudging.... :) Somebody with LEGO Mindstorms experience may be able to cook something up....
Be careful. I would consider this hacking, and I'll bet Farsight would as well.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015

iirc LEGO Mindstorm uses lego sets to interact with and solve rubik's cubes as fast as possible, you would need an AI to anticipate movement speed because the games physics aren't applied equally at all times, all you need to do to confirm this is record yourself draining the ball from a trap many times to see that there's a variance, a macro for a shot is of little to no practical use.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012

Well, as the smiley indicated, it was meant as a joke. I just pictured us sitting there as automatons, doing one and the same thing over and over, and then Lego Mindstorms came to mind. I'm a complete technology noob, so I haven't the foggiest if this would be possible. So no harm intended on my part.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I gave that railroad a shot

kX6ZalL.png

Averaged, (250/178.5)*60, ~84M an hour

If I could bring my times to 6.5 minutes, (250/162.5)*60, ~92.3M an hour.. if I could get lost in the zone with my best time, (250/117.5)*60, ~127.65M an hour.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Well, automating it in software would be easier than any physical construction. I'm sure you could deliver the right inputs via whatever controller API, and it could be timed frame-perfect that way. Although you'd want to be able to monitor the ball position too since TPA won't always run to frame-perfect timing if something else demands CPU time in the background.

But this isn't new to F-14. Any table with a repeatable shot would be vulnerable to that. Like say T2's chase loop, or Teed Off's captive ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.