No "Legal Notice"?

Shel-D

Sep 20, 2015
Greeting PAF forum regulars!

I really like this table for it's awesome fighter-jet theme and rockin' BGM, they both really remind me of After Burner II from SEGA!
Speaking of After Burner, I know SEGA needs licensing from Northrop Grumman to use the trademarked F-14 Tomcat in their After Burner games, but I don't see any legal notices in TPA for licensing the Tomcat.

Did Farsight just forget? Is the WMS F-14 Tomcat pin immune to such practices?
This is bugging the heck outta me.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Good question. I highly doubt they forgot. Either a license wasn't necessary, or modifying the table to display the license wasn't necessary. I'm not sure what you mean by "legal notice" though. Are you asking why F-14 doesn't something on it to indicate that a license was used, or why TPA doesn't have some text somewhere?

Shel-D

Sep 20, 2015
...I'm not sure what you mean by "legal notice" though. Are you asking why F-14 doesn't something on it to indicate that a license was used, or why TPA doesn't have some text somewhere?

Yes, the text is usually in the table menu under a selection titled "Legal Notice". It is in the root selection for Android, and it is in the "Extras" selection for PC.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I don't know. I think they did screw up with the Ghostbusters theme. (That's the only reason I can think of for why it was the Ghostbuster app was pulled for quite a while and was returned with the theme song removed.). So I wouldn't put it past Farsight to mess up the F-14 Tomcat license.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
FarSight has the license covered...F-14 will not be pulled from The Pinball Arcade.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.