PAPA Tutorial:

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
At first when watching this I thought they may have set up a green screen, but nope. Great to have a new Bowen tutorial, and I love the on location stuff. Bigfoot was a nice touch.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Strange tutorial. More than 30 minutes of gameplay, some modes double explained, all without a good description of the rules. I think a written rulesheet like http://pinball.org/rules/roadshow.html has more learning value. Definitely funny to watch someone playing pinball in the wild...

Bowen's tutorials aren't supposed to be an exhaustive examination of the rules. They are more valuable as a great example of a world class player taking you through his own thought processes as he approaches a game. His ability to play great pinball while narrating over it is perhaps unsurpassed. Learning the rulesheet for a game is certainly invaluable, but Bowen is great at showing the parts that are most worth concentrating on.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Bowen's tutorials aren't supposed to be an exhaustive examination of the rules. They are more valuable as a great example of a world class player taking you through his own thought processes as he approaches a game. His ability to play great pinball while narrating over it is perhaps unsurpassed. Learning the rulesheet for a game is certainly invaluable, but Bowen is great at showing the parts that are most worth concentrating on.

This. I love those "tutorials". Not only is it befuddling that Bowen can talk on while doing impossible stuff, also his selfdepreciating commentary is hilarious at times. I also marvel at his ability to let things go, and just say "well, that's pinball" after just being stiffed by a table. The tips and strategies may not translate all the time to TPA, his focus is more on what to do on real life tables in tournaments. Those tables are set very tilt sensitive, posts are set to widen outlanes and rubbers are removed. I've even seen them put thicker posts in place to narrow a hole (for example the Chair in TAF). Scoring is discussed in how to maximize on the short term, not how to build up long grinds. I did pick up on some nice things though, for example how skills shots on BSD advance the coffin and how the bonus on the ramp works. Recommended viewing!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.