Pinball Arcade Can't be Downloaded On Amazon Fire TV 2nd generation

kurst

Feb 17, 2014
Hello,

The new Amazon Fire TV 2nd generation aka the 4k one that just came out does not allow Pinball Arcade to be downloaded to the device.

It works on the 1st gen. It's just the second generation it doesn't allow it to be downloaded to.

So thought I would warn people about it.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Hello,

The new Amazon Fire TV 2nd generation aka the 4k one that just came out does not allow Pinball Arcade to be downloaded to the device.

It works on the 1st gen. It's just the second generation it doesn't allow it to be downloaded to.

So thought I would warn people about it.

I just got through notifying Amazon Support about this same thing regarding Pinball Arcade, via Chat. I also told them that there are also many other apps in this situation, as the counts in the app store are way different between "Fire TV" and "Fire TV (Previous Generation)" with the 1st generation having over 200 more than the new generation. Amazon Support told me, "We have got a lot of our customers who have brought this to light.... I will get this feedback to our development team."

But I think App Development Companies such as Farsight will want to look into this situation as well about their apps.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Resolved

I wound up opening multiple tickets with Amazon support, and one with Farsight support. The issue is now fixed. (I think perhaps by Amazon, as my ticket with Farsight was at the end of their day in California yesterday.) Unlike last night, I found this morning that when I was logged into my Amazon account on the web I was able to deliver Pinball Arcade to my new Fire TV. However, that wasn't enough. Because then when I next went to the Fire TV, the TPA app/game did not automatically show up. I called Fire TV tech support again, and they had me do Settings/My Account/Sync Amazon Content. After that, The Pinball Arcade showed up and was playable on my new Fire TV. (Other apps from my cloud showed up too after I did Sync Amazon Content.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.