BlahCade #25: Small Wheel (no Jackpots lit)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
RSS/Stream/Download: http://shoutengine.com/BlahCadePodcast/small-wheel-no-jackpots-lit-12837

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/blahcade-podcast/id1039748922?mt=2

It’s time for another weekly installment of madness and pinball. This week your hosts Chris and Jared introduce the focus for this week’s installment (yes, there is a focus).

Enjoy the bits and bobs of the month: the random awards you get from “The Small Wheel”.

Segments

• Intro and Sponsors - 0:00.00
  • Introductions - 0:00.45
  • Small Wheel Format and Intro - 0:05.15
  • TotW - 0:05.45
  • Pimp TPA for Fun and Profit - 0:08.00
  • POGP - 0:09.45
  • FS Tourney - 0:14.00
  • Offspring vs GNFNR - 0:18.30
  • Zen TotM - 0:21.30
  • DVD - 0:28.30
  • Stern Scrums - 0:32.30
  • American Horror Story Hotel Plug - 0:35.00
  • Sponsors and Outro - 0:39.00

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I'd love to join that Zen TOTM thing you were talking about. I've been playing the tables quite a bit and would love to help out.

Don't buy the original tables. They suck. Get the newer ones only

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
My wife agrees with your assessment of the new season of American Horror Story, by the way. (Well, the blood part; I didn't ask about the sex.)

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Funny to hear you guys talk about Zen pinball, just as I started playing this a bit more. It's true, once you know how a table works, it can be pretty fun. You might find this link useful:

Table Guides by ShoryukenToTheChin

I bought 45 of the table, started with the Humble Bundle Sale and purchased quite a few during Stem Sales. Only have a few on Android - but I'm using Steam to find out, which tables are worth it.

Zen just reset all leaderboard scroes due to a (gameplay) exploit which was fixed. They archived the leaderboards scores in separate tables, so don't be surprised if you don't find your local high score any more in the leaderboards.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Funny to hear you guys talk about Zen pinball, just as I started playing this a bit more. It's true, once you know how a table works, it can be pretty fun. You might find this link useful:

Table Guides by ShoryukenToTheChin

I bought 45 of the table, started with the Humble Bundle Sale and purchased quite a few during Stem Sales. Only have a few on Android - but I'm using Steam to find out, which tables are worth it.

Zen just reset all leaderboard scroes due to a (gameplay) exploit which was fixed. They archived the leaderboards scores in separate tables, so don't be surprised if you don't find your local high score any more in the leaderboards.
These look like great guides. I reckon Chris and I could do worse using these as the base for our Zen quest.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
heh! so why didn'cha call this one "boost your awesomeness?" ;0 or did you already use that? :) (aww it shoulda been "billionairre's club!" ;) but i'll keep listening ;0

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
hey syt, your headphone recommendation request: GRADO!

i still haven't replaced an old set of the 2000-era "-80s" i had of theirs, and loved them to death... they still work, but the right earphone plastic broke so they didn't hold onto my head anymore - i woulda duck-taped 'em long time ago, but never went through the effort. anyhow, seems to me, "second to least cheapest" grados probably wouldn't disappoint anyone, if i had an "average person's opinion." ;0

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
hey syt, your headphone recommendation request: GRADO!

i still haven't replaced an old set of the 2000-era "-80s" i had of theirs, and loved them to death... they still work, but the right earphone plastic broke so they didn't hold onto my head anymore - i woulda duck-taped 'em long time ago, but never went through the effort. anyhow, seems to me, "second to least cheapest" grados probably wouldn't disappoint anyone, if i had an "average person's opinion." ;0

It's actually not the headphones I care so much about, but the mic. I feel my rich, illustrious timber is not properly coming through. Ha!

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
It's actually not the headphones I care so much about, but the mic. I feel my rich, illustrious timber is not properly coming through. Ha!

hehe well then... classic "radio shack" tep-recerder plugin mic then. the "six-ninny-nine" model, definitely! ;0

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
As a reminder, be sure you have switched over to 'BlahCade Podcast' in your subscriptions on iTunes or Shoutengine. The old feed will stop being regularly updated soon, and based on download numbers, only 1/4 of our listeners have done so. In case you don't know which is which, the old feed is titled The Pinball BlahCade Podcast.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
For the record, I didn't update 25 on "old BlahCade".

Next podcast, Chris and I will record a final message to remind subscribers to switch.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.