NA Vita Update Failing

Zincdust

Jun 4, 2012
On my wifi at home, it's NAT-2. On the wifi here at work, it's NAT-3. (Unfortunately, my Vita's at home & I'm at work! <Shhhhh, don't tell my boss>)

Also, I'm not trying to come across as negative, of course... I appreciate your help, RSchwanter!!

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
On my wifi at home, it's NAT-2. On the wifi here at work, it's NAT-3.

<Shhhhh, don't tell my boss>

Also, I'm not trying to come across as negative, of course... I appreciate your help, RSchwanter!!

And you were downloading at home, right?

<I am too>

No worries. I can understand the frustration.

So when you get a chance, try setting your DNS Settings to Manual with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as the Primary and secondary DNS addresses (Google Public DNS). Make sure if there is already an address there to write it down before changing it.
Also, if possible, try using another open wifi Network (think Starbucks, McDonalds, etc)
Sorry to be shooting in the dark so much, but the error code points to something with your Vita's connection.

Have you tried downloading anything else off PSN since this happened?

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Is anyone at Farsight aware of this? Flippy ....can you shed some light on what has gone wrong with the update? Has anyone on the Vita have the update work and are playing all the latest season 4 tables?

We've been contacting Sony regarding the store/update issues. Ryan is trying to troubleshoot a workaround until Sony resolves the issue.

Zincdust

Jun 4, 2012
Yeah, it failed out at both home and work.

I saw that manual DNS setting page, and tried it (at home; both the Google one and the other one that they provided <OpenDNS> for the faster download times). ALSO failed, unfortunately.

Yeah, I was able to download lots of other stuff since, and much, much bigger filesizes (an MLB game <which was 3 GBs>, along with updates for Minecraft Vita, PSASBR Vita, Lego Movie, Mortal Kombat Vita, etc.)

psxfan

Mar 27, 2014
I also cannot complete the download of the update, and cannot start the game without it! I deleted it all and tried again, it will not download the update, and now I'm back to the starter game with 4 tables and unable to update. I own all 4 seasons, but cant play any now.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I've also tried both at home and at work, but it fails in both places. I've also downloaded several PS+ games since then so the error is only happening to me with TPA.

Martin

Sep 6, 2015
In EU, we have last version 1.21 with new tables and Season 5 in menu, this version is OK (but Red & Ted's Road Show/Safe Cracker still missing at Store).

Zincdust

Jun 4, 2012
Ugh, I forgot to check this thread and now I'm stuck at work without my Vita! :p I'll give 'er a shot tonight & report back. Thanks a million in advance!

Penwielder

Oct 21, 2015
I am still having the same error. However, I can still play all my old tables, so I am reluctant to completely uninstall and start again. It's frustrating, because I want to buy season 4, but I want this fixed first.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I am still having the same error. However, I can still play all my old tables, so I am reluctant to completely uninstall and start again. It's frustrating, because I want to buy season 4, but I want this fixed first.

Thanks for the post, We'll keep our ticket open with Sony until they resolve the issue.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Mine updated the first time just fine, the new tables are all playable. I'm certainly not complaining, but why did mine work while so many others are having problems?

It's a good question, isn't it?

Penwielder

Oct 21, 2015
My guess is that it's related to one of the following:
1. The time you first tried to download it. I first tried the day it was released...maybe the file was corrupted or incomplete then.
2. The location you are in. I am in Oregon. Zincdust is also in the NW...but I see a successful Seattle install, so it could be a combination of this and 1.
3. The Vita firmware version. I had just installed the latest before installing the Pinball Arcade update.
4. The number of tables installed. I have all the tables except Season 4.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Mine updated the first time just fine, the new tables are all playable. I'm certainly not complaining, but why did mine work while so many others are having problems?

It's a good question, isn't it?

Me too.

I'm not buying anything until they update with physical portrait controls and the new UI.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Me too.

I'm not buying anything until they update with physical portrait controls and the new UI.

If what was shown in that other thread is the new UI, then I don't want it. Right now I'm really, really hoping they don't bring it out anything like what they showed.
A new UI should be better, not a big step backwards.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.