BlahCade #26: Teeny Tiny Isn't Always a Bad Thing

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Stream/RSS/Download: http://shoutengine.com/BlahCadePodcast/teeny-tiny-isnt-always-a-bad-thing-12990

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/blahcade-podcast/id1039748922?mt=2

Chris and Jared are trying new things. We’re testing out http://Blab.im and think the results speak for themselves audio-wise. We introduce the Zen Book Club, talk POTO and TotW, and threaten 20 minutes of Let it Go or Going Nuts music for folks who don’t switch feeds.Remember, switch over to http://shoutengine.com/BlahCadePodcast or prepare to be assaulted with “interesting” musical selections.

Also remember, please leave an iTunes review if you like what we're doing here. It'd be super awesome!

Segments

• Intro and Sponsors;
  • Introductions - 45 sec;
  • TotW - 1:37 mins;
  • POTO Backlash and Comments - 4:44 mins;
  • HH vs Banzai Run - 9:30 mins;
  • Zen Book Club - 10:40 mins;
  • Roger Sharp in Drunk History - 22:20 mins;
  • Blab.im Filler - 25:20 mins;
  • SYT’s New Samson Teeny-Tiny Mic - 26:40 mins;
  • A Wild Bonzo Appears - 27:50 mins;
  • Bonzo adds to Zen Book Club - 32:00 mins;
  • Last Chance to switch feeds - 34:20 mins;
  • Sponsors and Outro - 36:00 mins.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Wow, so current. I strongly agreed with something but I don't remember. It may have been about haunted house

*oh yeah the ghostbusters retheme is exactly how I feel

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I found myself nodding all the time when you guys talked about Haunted House. I felt like you were talking straight out of my mind.

About Zen: I like Super League Football a lot, and again, for the same reason - I love just playing the game and trying to beat the other team. I think they really nailed it with this table in regard to gameplay and table theme. It's actually the first table where I cared enough to read a bit in the guide to see, how it actually works.

Too bad this game doesn't have a cross-platform leaderboard. If anyone on Steam wants to add me for a bit of competition -> add Xanija on Steam. Oh, and Chris, consider yourself challenged :) BTW: I'm ready to have my ass handed to me once Pinballwiz starts playing the table. Sun Vulcan is already over 1b, but he is also playing in a different league...

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Just wanted to pop in and say how much I love the more frequent episodes.

Bonzo imitating the "there goes that mystery rider again!" from Harley Davidson cracked me up good!

And the Zen book club is a wonderful idea, timely too, since I´ve just recently been (re)discovering the tables. Good to hear that Ghost Rider is worth getting into, I always thought that it had one of the most distinctive designs in Zen Pinball so far and terrific art and sound, but I had procrastinated with learning the rules properly so far (as is the case with most Zen tables - when switching between 40+ tables is so easy, focussing on just one at a time can be a bit tough).

And I just have to mention that you all have great podcast voices and distinct personalities. For such a niche audience, it´s very well made. I recently found a "best of" episode of "Retronauts" and the constant, incessant interruption and talking over each other made it unbearable.

Great job!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just wanted to pop in and say how much I love the more frequent episodes.

Bonzo imitating the "there goes that mystery rider again!" from Harley Davidson cracked me up good!

And the Zen book club is a wonderful idea, timely too, since I´ve just recently been (re)discovering the tables. Good to hear that Ghost Rider is worth getting into, I always thought that it had one of the most distinctive designs in Zen Pinball so far and terrific art and sound, but I had procrastinated with learning the rules properly so far (as is the case with most Zen tables - when switching between 40+ tables is so easy, focussing on just one at a time can be a bit tough).

And I just have to mention that you all have great podcast voices and distinct personalities. For such a niche audience, it´s very well made. I recently found a "best of" episode of "Retronauts" and the constant, incessant interruption and talking over each other made it unbearable.

Great job!

Very kind words and we appreciate it! We are now capable of having interaction with our listeners while recording podcasts too. Every Sunday we record, and we've been using www.blab.im to do so. All you need is a Twitter account and then you can listen in on the show as it's being recorded! Just search for BlahCade and you'll see when we're next scheduled.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Very kind words and we appreciate it! We are now capable of having interaction with our listeners while recording podcasts too. Every Sunday we record, and we've been using www.blab.im to do so. All you need is a Twitter account and then you can listen in on the show as it's being recorded! Just search for BlahCade and you'll see when we're next scheduled.

Really enjoying the more frequent podcasts.

By the way, AHS is great this year!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.