Second Half of S4

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
well my preference could boil down to the preferred controller but it really feels like the flipper response time on the 360 is a touch faster to me...d.m.

Wasarasormi

Jun 2, 2016
It's going to be another big update but were scheduling production for everything up to TX Sector.

I understand the problems you've had with this platform but all this seems a bit late. There's been a decline on 360 players as many have already switched to XB One or PS4. I think maybe having the game for sale or free as Games with Gold might bring on some new players. Another point is the fact that unlike in Pinball FX2, TPA tables bought for 360 don't transfer to XB One so many people don't want to buy tables for 360 anymore if they're planning to get One later.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Some dashboard exposure could really help spread the word, FlippyFloppy. You should ask MS to give FS some space on there. If Goat Simulator get major dashboard placement,TPA should as well.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I understand the problems you've had with this platform but all this seems a bit late. There's been a decline on 360 players as many have already switched to XB One or PS4. I think maybe having the game for sale or free as Games with Gold might bring on some new players. Another point is the fact that unlike in Pinball FX2, TPA tables bought for 360 don't transfer to XB One so many people don't want to buy tables for 360 anymore if they're planning to get One later.

Ummmm... I for one, appreciate Farsight's continued support of the 360. If many have moved on, many have not yet. I am playing the 360 and WI U until they go dark. When that actually does happen, the deals on XBOX one and NX will be even better, and software may be further enhanced. And both these "older" systems still generate a ton of digital download sales. I am not saying that they won't ever have a cutoff point, but certainly now is not that point. With the PS3/360/WiiU the enhancements to the following generation are less apparent and make upgrading an unnecessarily expensive proposition.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Ummmm... I for one, appreciate Farsight's continued support of the 360. If many have moved on, many have not yet. I am playing the 360 and WI U until they go dark. When that actually does happen, the deals on XBOX one and NX will be even better, and software may be further enhanced. And both these "older" systems still generate a ton of digital download sales. I am not saying that they won't ever have a cutoff point, but certainly now is not that point. With the PS3/360/WiiU the enhancements to the following generation are less apparent and make upgrading an unnecessarily expensive proposition.

I still play my 360 every once in a while=I've got a lot of retro-games on there (i.e. Midway Arcade Origins, many downloads from XBLA, and the Cave bullet-hell games). The fact that FarSight was good enough to make the 360 version "auto-pro", meaning you don't have to pay extra for pro mode, makes it tempting to get caught up on seasons for the 360 version. Just curious-did they do that with the WiiU version? If not, they should have since WiiU owners had to wait even longer than 360 owners for TPA or updates.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I still play my 360 every once in a while=I've got a lot of retro-games on there (i.e. Midway Arcade Origins, many downloads from XBLA, and the Cave bullet-hell games). The fact that FarSight was good enough to make the 360 version "auto-pro", meaning you don't have to pay extra for pro mode, makes it tempting to get caught up on seasons for the 360 version. Just curious-did they do that with the WiiU version? If not, they should have since WiiU owners had to wait even longer than 360 owners for TPA or updates.

Well, I don't think the Wii U version has the "auto-pro".

By that I mean when you purchase a season or table you have the regular price and the pro, then if you go regular there is a pro upgrade option from then on.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
i have a ps3, ps4 and i still prefer it on the 360...d.m.

TPA on the 360 is still better than the PS4 version IMO-the sound problems on the PS4 (still after nearly three years) gave me headaches.

When it was first released on the 360, I wanted it to do well since IMO, it was the best version. Between the publisher going belly-up and still-endless DLC delays to this day, many have moved on. Sorry to say it, but even the DX9 version looks better than the 360 version now-colors are not nearly as washed-out. Now that I've moved on to DX11-I never have to see another peach-tinted table sim again.

I'm still keeping my 360-I believe (with PC excluded) it is the last great video game console for retro-gamers. I'd fully-update TPA on my 360, but I have a feeling that this next update is going to be the last. Sad really.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
TPA on the 360 is still better than the PS4 version IMO-the sound problems on the PS4 (still after nearly three years) gave me headaches.

When it was first released on the 360, I wanted it to do well since IMO, it was the best version. Between the publisher going belly-up and still-endless DLC delays to this day, many have moved on. Sorry to say it, but even the DX9 version looks better than the 360 version now-colors are not nearly as washed-out. Now that I've moved on to DX11-I never have to see another peach-tinted table sim again.

I'm still keeping my 360-I believe (with PC excluded) it is the last great video game console for retro-gamers. I'd fully-update TPA on my 360, but I have a feeling that this next update is going to be the last. Sad really.

I am truly, now, kicking and screaming, a PC convert :) Old people like me tend to not want to change, but it's all good lol.

But, I certainly agree with this sentiment by rehtroboi40. Am going to miss the 360 and the Wii U. Going forward I can't see a PS4 or Xbox one for me... Future video game (90% pinball for me these days) dollars, well....it really seems that Steam gets the best of what the Farsight/Zen/Zaccaria do. Updates, tournaments, etc, so, I have no choice (for the future) but to invest there, and play there. Steam has a great community of users too. And Win 10/Steam is a true ecosystem now, so I can deal with the hardware investment. In the end, it doesn't really cost that much more.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online