Steam controller

mdscales

Jun 2, 2015
Just got one. No native support yet. I created a profile that requires analog triggers to be fully depressed (click) to move the flippers and increased haptics on those and the right analog for plunger if anyone wants to try.

Sorry if unclear...typing on mobile.

mdscales

Jun 2, 2015
What do you think of the controller?

I like it so far. A serious learning curve. I got good with portal but 2d side scrolling is brutal to this point.

I think a few weeks and the custom bindinngs will be well mapped for most games and then should be less tinkering.

mdscales

Jun 2, 2015
It's OK for pinball. The two stage triggers aren't great but the haptics on plunger is awesome. I think I may make the grip buttons control the flippers as they are single stage w a nice feel.

Edit: this was in reply to a post that seems to have been deleted. Info still stands.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
necro-ing a thread rather than start a new one.

Steam Controller is 90% (+postage) off if you can get on the page when its not out of stock https://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/Steam_Controller/ [a thread I found suggest trying around 3 minutes past an hour]

I've used it for pinball, although have had a problem with a trigger breaking after several months due to hectic multiballs. Happens mine was still just under warranty (get 2 years in the EU) and I'm waiting on a replacement (for the second time). Now I'm trying to buy a second one.

Members online

Members online