Ballls of Glory Releases...

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
As stated in the Zen blog:

PS3, PS4 U.S. today (Oct 20)

PS3, PS4 Europe and xbox 360 and XB1 plus Steam (Oct 21)

All other platforms (Oct 22)

I think I got the info right but check Zen's blog for accuracy.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Downloaded the tables a little ago. There seems to be a little glitch where I had to get the trial versions first then get to the 'Download Content' option when you pause a game. A bit of a hoop to jump through, but it downloaded with no problem.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I had no problems. The Archer table is a hard table.

Nice to have four of my favorite shows as tables.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I had no problems. The Archer table is a hard table.

Nice to have four of my favorite shows as tables.

Archer was designed by the guy who did Deadpool Age of Ultron so yeah his table may be the hardest to figure out. My second favorite of the pack.

America Dad being my favorite. Was designed by Deep who did South Park super Sweet, SW episode tables so stack-able modes galore.

Family Guy is the easiest IMO. Designed by the guy who did Butters and Wild West Rampage. Was hoping for a more challenging table like Wild West but I can see that this table was designed for easier accessibility as you just start the modes to light them up.

Bob's Burgers actually surprised me. Hurry-ups, Stackable, Interesting modes. X-men is my favorite from this guy Thomas Crofts some of his other tables haven't been on par with that but this one is better. Portal was good too.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Archer is your 2nd favorite? It's really the only theme in the pack I like. I was really looking forward to it, but it's my least favorite and I wouldn't rate it very well compared to the other 60 even.
I agree with you on American Dad though. Good table (and I hate the show!)

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Archer is your 2nd favorite? It's really the only theme in the pack I like. I was really looking forward to it, but it's my least favorite and I wouldn't rate it very well compared to the other 60 even.
I agree with you on American Dad though. Good table (and I hate the show!)

My second favorite because it's challenging IMO. You need accurate shots. If not you drain. Hitting the spy car to start modes is dangerous because of how fast the ball comes back.

I guess the downside is you have to earn your kick-backs. That is you have to pay for them. Haven't even had enough cash to get an extra ball. Multi-ball is not as easy to get to as other tables. 1 is random. Basically the telephone rings and you have to shoot the left targets above the left sling within a certain time limit.

The other MB is tough to get to because there is no easy way to hit the CB targets. Best way I can is with the upper right flipper and that's even tough. You can also lock a ball after you complete one of the modes but it's on short timer. Definitely a challenging table.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Wow Family guy is boring, loop, loop, loop ,loop, loop f'ing loop loop. Seriously?

so def the casual user friendly table of the bunch - to get to wizard mode the first time you just have to start each mode but you don't have to complete them.
But after that you have to complete each mode in order to reach a second (and beyond) wizard mode.

I suggested this when they did the star wars rebels table and zen designers liked it - friendly to the noob (actually make it to wizard mode!) and then challenging for the seasoned veteran.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
So far I've played a few games on Bob's Burgers and American Dad. The American Dad layout is much more interesting IMO. Bob's Burgers felt very repetitive in a short period of time.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Hate how pulled back all the views are on Bobs burgers...wish with 7 camera views in portrait at least one was good....... hmmmmmm

i like that at least one table the flippers don't have grip tape tho thats a plus!
but I like the character of the tables alot will try and keep at em

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
Hate how pulled back all the views are on Bobs burgers...wish with 7 camera views in portrait at least one was good....... hmmmmmm

i like that at least one table the flippers don't have grip tape tho thats a plus!
but I like the character of the tables alot will try and keep at em

I agree with you on these cameras for sure, perhaps we have become a bit pickier than we used to be now that we have the noex mod here on TPA, I noticed that all of the portrait views on this new 4 pack seem to cater to single monitor portrait views as opposed to a cab view as they all leave a ton of space for the dots at the top of the screen, I personally run a 2 screen setup and noticed this because of the big empty space that I feel would be better used by the part of the table that has to do with pinball, Zen's always come across alittle hokey to me but I guess that's the nature of fantasy tables. Fun though and I must admit pinfx2 is a very well presented and polished game in comparison to my beloved TPA which wins in every other category.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Zen's quality of presentation really is good..just wish the camera around flippers were lower so it didn't feel like your looking straight down in a box so much. NoEx has spoiled me too LOL.

I really don't mind the fantasy aspects of their design. I really kinda like that they can take it further out there..its whats unique about their product. Given a fair shake some of their tables are great fun. And I'm not very good so easy tables suit me just fine :)

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I don't use the Nofx cam mod (yet) but I also really dislike the cam views on the new zen pack, especially on archer. I was really hyped for archer, I just finished watching all 6 seasons so I was excited and tried the demo but all I did was switch between the angles over and over but nothing really works. I agree, 7, even 8 cam angles, but all crappy. So much real estate above the playfield and I can't stand scrolling. I ended up not buying, just so terrible cam views that I just can't enjoy playing.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Tried the trial and although I love American Dad and Family Guy I can't stand these. It's not so much about the physics for me even though I hate them, it's just the look and feel. It's just not pinball. I know it's not really supposed to be a sim, rather it's a video game based on pinball, but I just can't get zen. I've bought a few tables, pvz, south Park and a star wars pack but I play them for a short while then never return. So in reality, I'm not surprised I don't like these.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
heres an example of the problem this is 1w which is the "zoomed" static view for BobsBurgers. It feels like an aerial view from a 7foot 8 person vs a normal 5'11 ish person .
I put a green box where it should be zoomed into at the least
FCmafYq.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Playing in landscape gives better view options IMO. But I know a lot of people don't play in landscape. Very nice in landscape on a tablet though. I'm sure that would be way too small on a phone.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
OMG look at all that space below the flippers! I've always hated the Zen cams since the first tables they put out on the X360. I have almost all the tables on Steam, basically due to the Steam sales, and I complain about the cams everytime I play one. Apparently, they're getting worse.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I was also noticing the wasted real estate at the bottom too in some of the views - place to put your drink on?
Perhaps a cam editor option like zacc? I already miss Zsolt! Maybe he could hop a train from Debrecen to Budapest and do some consulting.

The mappings seem to be different between platforms (at least they are between ps3 and iOS). But on iOS I like landscape only, and 3 for a static view, and then 8 for motion camera. I wish ps3 had the 8 option (only goes to 7) - it's the least jarring of the bunch.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
big difference is IOS is a 4:3 ratio display so in landscape you still have plenty of vertical space.
I find 16:9 displays to short to use in landscape mode..but perfect in portrait.

custom camera would be awesome..i don't know why their is such reluctance to making changes(we asked before and responce was "no plans")
Every portrait camera 3 and 7 are identical they start with camera1 view and pans up until same as camera2 view while following ball.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Got the tables, have not tried BB or Archer, FG & AD I liked, except the tunes, fortunately you can mute them out on Zen. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.