Table Pack #45 Speculation Thread

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Remember when HS2 was "spoiled" around Christmas last year? And how that meant everyone kept guessing it as the next table in Season 4? And how it didn't show up until the start of Season 5?

This.

I have a feeling that Alvin G. Soccer will be the new Getaway in terms of when it will be released, but don't quote me on that.

invitro

May 4, 2012
The total of spoiled tables only equal nine (Play-Boy and El Dorado EM don't count). So there is at least one surprise this season remaining...
I guess the last Sony Pictures table is not in that list...? (And Strikes 'N Spares shouldn't count either, if it's in the nine... I don't think it is.)

I have scepticism about the Alvin G., only because it would mean they've developed a new MPU emulation. Or is its MPU the same as, or very similar to, a Gottlieb one? IPDB doesn't list an MPU for AG Soccer-Ball. I'd hope Farsight could make an emulator of Capcom's MPU before Alvin G.'s.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I would have liked to have seen EBD as well and hope it gets released. Seems like the other leaks are a mishmash of disappointments. El Dorado EM is vastly superior to El Dorado SS. Actually it is a really fantastic EM and I wouldn't mind seeing it. The disappointment is the SS one got brought out instead of the EM.
As for others, Rescue 911 is an okay game. Definitely better than most of the other Gottliebs released. I would much rather see Stargate which is a fantastic table and probably the only non-EM Gottlieb I'd really love to see. Never played Alvin G soccer but I'd be more interested in AL'S Garage Band or Mystery Castle. Hopefully those might come out. Would definitely ad diversity. Especially if they can get a few Capcoms in there down the road.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I'd be up for the EM El-Dorado... But since we got a DMD (HS2), AlphaNumeric (F14T), DMD (Frankenstein), and what appears to be Nofear - a DMD, I think Paragon will be next.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Guys, remember when everyone freaked out over High Speed II being in the Season 4 leak, and it didn't appear until Season 5. Don't take these lists as definite, they probably represent Farsight's best case scenario plans.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Guys, remember when everyone freaked out over High Speed II being in the Season 4 leak, and it didn't appear until Season 5. Don't take these lists as definite, they probably represent Farsight's best case scenario plans.

Who knows we might not see any of those leaked tables in Season 5...But I doubt it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
What makes it so?

For me the look and sound of the EM version is vastly superior. Same great layout and plays pretty much the same. EM version usually has weaker flippers which make it play just a tad better as well IMO. Not sure if the that is because of flipper age or different flipper coils (I'm not a tech guy to really know).

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012

Exactly. Just because it was found in some file doesn't mean those are the tables we are getting for the rest of the season.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
For me the look and sound of the EM version is vastly superior. Same great layout and plays pretty much the same. EM version usually has weaker flippers which make it play just a tad better as well IMO. Not sure if the that is because of flipper age or different flipper coils (I'm not a tech guy to really know).

I actually like El Dorado City of Gold and I love EMs. I actually played the EM El Dorado in real life and it was fun. However, I don't think there is enough difference between the two to warrant a TPA release. There are so many great EMs out there and they choose to do one that they essentially did already. It would kind of be like if they decided to release Harley Davidson - First Addition (1999)

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I actually like El Dorado City of Gold and I love EMs. I actually played the EM El Dorado in real life and it was fun. However, I don't think there is enough difference between the two to warrant a TPA release. There are so many great EMs out there and they choose to do one that they essentially did already.

I'm still holding out a slim hope that FS will, like the custom ball packs, give us a skin pack for Eldorado: City of Gold to turn it into the variations that are available.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I'm still holding out a slim hope that FS will, like the custom ball packs, give us a skin pack for Eldorado: City of Gold to turn it into the variations that are available.

That's a whole other level of work, though.

Why is EBD so important to so many people? I've played it a few times, played it again last night. It's a nice game and it's fun enough, but I fail to see what's so special or important about it. We already have two pool-themed tables and plenty of other themes have no representation.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Why is EBD so important to so many people? I've played it a few times, played it again last night. It's a nice game and it's fun enough, but I fail to see what's so special or important about it. We already have two pool-themed tables and plenty of other themes have no representation.
I'll take a shot. It was produced a rather amazing three (or maybe four) times from 1981-1984. A total of around 11 thousand were made, which is a lot, about as much as Xenon and Flash Gordon just before it and Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man a year after it.

I think it ended up being extremely well-known because it was Bally's last big hit, as Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man doesn't really count, so maybe it ended up being in more locations during the dead period of the early 1980's that came right after it.

It seems quite a bit more modern than other machines of its time, but at the same time has a "classic" playfield with strong ties to not just Eight Ball, but other 1970's playfields.

It was one of the first tables to get an emulation, sometime around 1992-1993, by LittleWing & Amtex. You might be able to play it in a browser window here: http://playdosgamesonline.com/eight-ball-deluxe.html or here: http://java.playdosgamesonline.com/eight-ball-deluxe.html

I didn't like it in the early 1990's, but I don't think I gave it much attention.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Man. VGA. Hard to believe there was a time when we were satisfied with graphics like that.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
[MENTION=446]invitro[/MENTION] So basically nostalgia and historical context. I see. Well I'm all for that being a good reason to add a table, much better than "we got this license gratis so we'll add this table no one wants because it's cheap for us."

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I think in my opinion it's related to the time in which you played it.

I didn't get to play a lot of pinball in the early 90's since they had left arcades around here....and they released EBD for the PC....and for that time it was a excellent remake...I spent hours and hours playing that....competing against my Dad to see who would get the best score.

That's why it's important to me :)

For 1993...this was the best you could get !

http://youtu.be/8sXBDOuY9RI

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I'm still holding out hope that "Tenderfoot" is that surprise.

I get it. I don't think anybody else does though.

I think in my opinion it's related to the time in which you played it.

I didn't get to play a lot of pinball in the early 90's since they had left arcades around here....and they released EBD for the PC....and for that time it was a excellent remake...I spent hours and hours playing that....competing against my Dad to see who would get the best score.

That's why it's important to me :)

For 1993...this was the best you could get !

http://youtu.be/8sXBDOuY9RI

I don't know about that. I've only been into pinball for about 6 years and I think EBD is a lot of fun, as well as plenty of other games from the time period.

It's all about putting yourself in the right mindset for each game. I'm pretty good at adapting to the game I'm currently playing and I don't get bored as long as I'm still scoring points and keeping the ball alive.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Cactus Jack's is an obscure table. I hold nothing against anyone who wouldn't get that reference.

I was probably one of the few who chuckled at his cameo appearance in CBW.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts