Played this for the first time

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Won a game, completed 2 goals. Never did that first time on a table before. This table turned out to be better than I expected, & the tunes are the best I've heard on pinball, very cool! :)

Paired with Gorgar on XB, one of the best buys on TPA for XB I think.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
MB and Gorgar are two of my favorite TPA pins. Gorgar is difficult but keeps you wanting more. MB is not as hard, but the game play and challenge of shots makes it very fun.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Yes, that center shot, Mosh Pit Lane, to make that very last Wizard Goal, is giving me fits. I try for it & wind up getting Monster Bash going instead. Quite a hard shot, tip of left flipper banked off right slingshot works but is hard to catch, straight shots to MPL seem to result in SDTM a good bit. Still, fun trying. Conversely, Gorgar Wizard Goals were fairly easy. What is not easy on Gorgar is getting a high score. :)

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Just FYI, just when you think you got the Wizard Goals done, it comes up with another list of goals, like Lyman's Lament. Did I say I wind up getting Monster Bash going instead? I meant that Frankenstein multiball, the MB multiball I rarely get going. Getting the Mosh Pit multiball going was cool, but I still have a loooong way to go to to complete the Wizard Goals. :)

BTW Chris, looked at your scores, you must be a pinball wizard if you did all those legit without cheating somehow, like getting some kinda loop going with the table physics. My compliments. :)

Last edited:

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Some of the people that post here are not human, at least not when playing pinball. I can't imagine getting the scores they get.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Some of the people that post here are not human, at least not when playing pinball. I can't imagine getting the scores they get.

Most of the regulars here seem to be absolutely inhuman pinball players. I love this table, but I think in all the times I've played it, I've managed to light all the monsters only twice (I seem to have trouble with Frankenstein for some reason), and have only ever lit any of the instruments (e.g. finished a mode) by sheer dumb luck. But it's a fun table, so I keep at it.

EDIT: About half an hour after I posted that I played the best game of this I will likely ever play and finally got all the instruments lit ... two wizard goals down now ...

Last edited:

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Can't say enough good things about MB, it has so much to do on it. The Wolfman has stole my ball so many times, still have not mastered those loops, the ball gets going so very fast on them. I raise the flipper when is coming down the right, & let it bounce off the left when is coming down that loop, but this has had limited success.

I've made a high score of 511,000,000, but this was a fluke luck thing that I've yet to come close to again. :)

Lyman's & Mosh Pit are the only Wizard Goals I'm missing.

Edit: Chained Mosh multi, Franky multi, & Monster Bash multi together all on one ball, not able to take advantage & get a really high score, but it was fun to see that happen. :)

Last edited:

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Just FYI, just when you think you got the Wizard Goals done, it comes up with another list of goals, like Lyman's Lament. Did I say I wind up getting Monster Bash going instead? I meant that Frankenstein multiball, the MB multiball I rarely get going. Getting the Mosh Pit multiball going was cool, but I still have a loooong way to go to to complete the Wizard Goals. :)

BTW Chris, looked at your scores, you must be a pinball wizard if you did all those legit without cheating somehow, like getting some kinda loop going with the table physics. My compliments. :)

Haha, thanks. I actually haven't played much the last 8-10 months. Just have lost the drive. But I was playing all day then. Play the tournaments if your platform has them. I didn't start to score high until I played two or three tournies. That being said, I think Tareks and the others scores are super human, so surprised you think mine are, the time devoted to those scores has to be astronomical, my ADD won't allow it, lol.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Secondary high scores, Monster Bash & Monsters Of Rock Champions, not saved. I dunno if this is the same as the real table, but Master Issues gives me that impression. :(

Mosh Pit Super Jackpot continues to elude me, Lyman's I don't think is possible for me.

Great table, one of my favorites since I got it. :)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
That's a common TPA issue, because of checksums done on all secondary saves that farsight doesn't know how to bypass. Only injecting the main high scores into the fresh NVRAM state works.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Got Monsters Of Rock going a time or 2 since I got this table, but mostly keep accidentally starting Monster Bash instead.

Tip: A nudge when the ball is coming down off the bumpers out the right loop, or outta juice back down the right ramp, will sometimes alter the ball's trajectory enough to save it from a SDTM. :)

Jiveturkey

Sep 9, 2017
Probaly my fav table.. No doubt In top 5...just got back into tpa, I stopped around season 2,last pack I got was white water for sure and maybe space shuttle with it... Or maybe last pin I bought was star trek.. One of those 2 options...just bought a phone of buddy and it has every table on it.. SCORE!!! I peed in my pants a bit 1 sec... Anyways once on ps3 a long time ago I got mo steers of rock 2 play, luckiest game ever to get all the instruments lit up.. I love the music and call outs... The mummy makes me laugh every single time. Used to always get monster bash going. Love this pin

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Yes, MB is one of the best on TPA, it plays really smooth and the game itself is one of the best in terms of theme/rule sets/satisfying shots. The TPA adaption is a great example of a top Season 1 table.

I play on Android, and I think that Lyman's Lament is one wizard goal that I will probably never get - I tried putting in the cheat code a bunch of times but could not get it to work, and I don't see myself hitting that scoop that many times in a single game, usually after 7 or 8 hits to the scoop, the ball comes out and gets into the slings and then drains.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.