Will PA work with my system? (Specs Listed)

penticton

Oct 6, 2015
I need to know if Pinball Arcade will work with my system?
Also, If it does work with my current specs, please tell me the correct game settings so I can achieve the best possible game play.

Thanks!

My system specs are below:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150930-1750)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: p7-1418
BIOS: 8.11
Processor: AMD A6-5400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6040MB RAM
Page File: 1959MB used, 4479MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: 11.2
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.10240.16384 64bit Unicode

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Seems like a super computer to me :)

The problem people get is not computer power related per se. There seem to be more with Radeon cards having the odd GFX problem but many Radeon owners say it flows without any hickup.

There really doesn't seem like you should have any trouble at all running it, if you have come here and we'll see if we can sort it out.

Cheers!

Well Abe says, “Where do you want this killin’ done?”
God says, “Out on Highway 61”

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I'd say,

DX9: yay (med details)
DX11: nay

On the PC, you get two versions for the price of one.
DX11 has advanced lighting and requires more computing power.
Your CPU and the integrated GPU aren't strong (..the chip costs 30 Euro in Germany..)

I think "rehtroboi40" has a similiar machine.

Last edited:

penticton

Oct 6, 2015
I'd say,

DX9: yay (med details)
DX11: nay

I actually got it working with dx11.
I set it to 800x600 and pretty much lowered everything else to a low or lowest numbered setting.
The game play is fairly smooth and accurate, but the artwork on the table deck & the lettering over top of light bulbs is unreadable, very blurred, for instance, the mission circles on the Star Trek The Next Generation table, I.e. Search The Galaxy, Q's Challenge etc etc.

So, judging by what you're saying, if I run the dx9 version instead I may he able to squeeze more clarity out of my machine? Because you said "dx9 med details", that's where I'm basically at now with dx11.
So I'm thinking if I use dx9 I'll most likely be able to "up" some of the settings I'm currently running at a low number or rate, maybe I'll even be able to increase my screensize.

I'll do the further testing with dx9 and I'll report back here so it may help others "tweak" their settings with a similar PC configuration as mine.

If you or someone you know has a machine like mine, specification details in original post above, stay tuned here and I'll let you know the exact settings so you can play Pinball Arcade too without issue!

Follow up post coming soon......

Thanks for your input guys! Much appreciated!

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Well yeah, "rehtroboi40" always remarks that he can't play DX11, but he enjoys DX9. :)
He has a similiar PC like you and I'm pretty sure that he will show up here very soon. :)

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
There seem to be more with Radeon cards having the odd GFX problem but many Radeon owners say it flows without any hickup.

They do? I run an R9 280 and the DX11 runs smoother than butter at max.
I thought it was some other brand that had the issues.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
In the case of the OP, aren't we talking about on-board GPU? for AMD, there's nothing wrong with their R280 line, that's what I use in my current desktop and everything works butter smooth in DX11 and most games.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.