Left Ramp

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
I've heard Shrunken Head say "shoot the left ramp", but see nothing in The Instructions about it. Is he referring to one of the loops or pathways?

Just started getting into this one, like MB it has a lot to do, which is great. Great table, flipper-to-target angles are sometimes a little weird, but this makes it interesting. So far it has been hard to make a good score, but I'm learning the shots. :)

invitro

May 4, 2012
No, it's the left ramp. The one that takes you up to the mini-playfield in the upper left. It's pretty close to the center though, maybe that's why you're missing it?

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Okay, thank you! :)

Edit: Looked at the IPDB pics, the left ramp is directly across from the upper flipper. I musta missed it bcuz of the view angle I use. Duh! :D

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
It is interesting to have a "left ramp" whose entrance goes northeast rather than northwest. :)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Edit: Looked at the IPDB pics, the left ramp is directly across from the upper flipper. I musta missed it bcuz of the view angle I use. Duh! :D

No, that's not what the head means when he says left ramp. He means the ramp that is just to the *right* of the head, between him and the upper bumpers. It's in the same place as the Addams Family bear kick ramp.

The shot across from the upper flipper (where you collect super jackpots) isn't really much of a ramp at all and I don't think the game ever calls it such.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Okay, thanks vikingerik. :)

Edit: Looking at the IPDB pics, you'd think that is the center ramp.

Okay, looked at the PAPA tut on this table, no real mention of a left ramp there either. I will try & see if anything up in that area lights up when Shrunken Head says shoot the left ramp. vikingerik is referring to the center ramp I guess. No solution like playing the table to end any confusion on this. :)

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
There are only two ramps on the table. The right ramp, which relights continents, and the left ramp (dead center) which sends the ball up to the slot machine lanes to light gems. That's it. The area to the left is an orbit. The upper path of the orbit dead ends to the Super Jackpot. The lower path is your penguin loop.

The learning curve on RBION can be steep, and a lot of people get turned off the table because of it. I know I did. But then the moment of breakthrough happens, and the table suddenly becomes a blast to play. It's hands in my top 3 of TPA.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
There are only two ramps on the table. The right ramp, which relights continents, and the left ramp (dead center) which sends the ball up to the slot machine lanes to light gems. That's it. The area to the left is an orbit. The upper path of the orbit dead ends to the Super Jackpot. The lower path is your penguin loop.

The learning curve on RBION can be steep, and a lot of people get turned off the table because of it. I know I did. But then the moment of breakthrough happens, and the table suddenly becomes a blast to play. It's hands in my top 3 of TPA.

Thanks man, that clears that up! :)

Why do The Instructions refer to it as the center ramp? That just confuses, it should be called, as the Shrunken Head says, the left ramp in all references to it.

On to more positive things, completed Standard Goals, 2 Wizard Goals, & working on the rest. Anyone that has completed Trip To Atlantis, my compliments. I've yet to lite up more than a letter or 2 on RIPLEY, much less complete the continents. Give a nice nudge when the ball is coming outta The Idol, seems like it might save the ball sometimes. He screws ya quite a bit, depositing the ball in the left outlane, & can be hard to catch the properly timed nudge to prevent this.

Overall, alotta work to get a high score on this table. Something to shoot for, I guess. Great table with all kinds of fun stuff to it. :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks man, that clears that up! :)

Why do The Instructions refer to it as the center ramp? That just confuses, it should be called, as the Shrunken Head says, the left ramp in all references to it.

On to more positive things, completed Standard Goals, 2 Wizard Goals, & working on the rest. Anyone that has completed Trip To Atlantis, my compliments. I've yet to lite up more than a letter or 2 on RIPLEY, much less complete the continents. Give a nice nudge when the ball is coming outta The Idol, seems like it might save the ball sometimes. He screws ya quite a bit, depositing the ball in the left outlane, & can be hard to catch the properly timed nudge to prevent this.

Overall, alotta work to get a high score on this table. Something to shoot for, I guess. Great table with all kinds of fun stuff to it. :)

Truth be told, this table requires very little nudging. And getting Atlantis is a whole hell of a lot easier than Frog Frenzy. Here's the trick to getting continents:

Shooting the right ramp lights the vari-target hole for continent start. Once you shoot that, you'll need to shoot the right ramp again to light it. Continents can be stacked, depending on which one you start with. So if you get Asia, you can shoot the right ramp, shoot the vari-target hole, and activate a second continent. It is possible to light 3 at one time, but rarely happens, as once you get Antarctica, North America, or Africa multiball starts and you can't add any more until multiball finishes. Get good at backhanding from the right flipper to the right ramp, as it will soon become your new best friend. With these tips, you'll have Atlantis in no time.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Truth be told, this table requires very little nudging. And getting Atlantis is a whole hell of a lot easier than Frog Frenzy. Here's the trick to getting continents:

Shooting the right ramp lights the vari-target hole for continent start. Once you shoot that, you'll need to shoot the right ramp again to light it. Continents can be stacked, depending on which one you start with. So if you get Asia, you can shoot the right ramp, shoot the vari-target hole, and activate a second continent. It is possible to light 3 at one time, but rarely happens, as once you get Antarctica, North America, or Africa multiball starts and you can't add any more until multiball finishes. Get good at backhanding from the right flipper to the right ramp, as it will soon become your new best friend. With these tips, you'll have Atlantis in no time.

Okay, thanks for the tips shutyertrap! :)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
There are only two ramps on the table.
The super jackpot lane actually is a small ramp, just enough to lift the ball over the wall into the orbit. Like the Thing ramp in TAF. The game never calls it a ramp, only mentions it by "get the super jackpot".

The most possible continent stacking is 4: Asia, Europe, South America, and any of the remaining four (Australia or any of the three multiballs.)

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Okay, thanks for the tips shutyertrap! :)
and get good with skill shot. You can get letters from it and million points. Million points reward is multiplied with the number of times you get one. So it's 1M first time, 2M second time, 3M third time...... and since there are plenty extra balls in the game you can score some significant points that way also. That doesn't mean that much in TPA since you can tour the continents 54287 times but it is very important IRL.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Thanx 4 the tip kinggo.

Got that "Visited All Continents" bonus, but it is not a Wizard Goal. Have yet to complete the continent tasks, so the Trip To Atlantis is still one to shoot for. The table is alotta fun, those outlanes though... :)

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Got that Million Point Shot, new high score, but Atlantis eludes me. Making all the goals for all the continents seems difficult, mainly due to the timers. Still, alotta fun trying. :)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
You don't have to complete all the timed continents to reach Atlantis. You have to complete 7, but it doesn't have to be all distinct 7, you can fail some and get the easy ones multiple times. Australia and Asia are the easiest by far, just two good shots each. Europe is fairly easy if stacked into a multiball. Africa is the easiest of the multiball continents since the idol is an easier shot than the head or penguin. Don't even try South America, just too many shots and you lose control in the head.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Don't even try South America, just too many shots and you lose control in the head.

What? That's my go to easiest! Follow these steps...

- Ball ejects, hold right flipper as ball rolls past it
- Hold left flipper as ball will either bounce on slingshot, hit left flipper and bounce to right for you to catch, or be caught on left
- If caught on left, post pass to right flipper
- Backhand from right flipper to right ramp
- Ball will go to ball lock lane, where it will then be shot out directly at the shrunken head 98% of the time and score 2 hits
- Ball will roll back down to left flipper where you can just let it dead pass to the right, and then repeat

I know vikingerik and I disagree on this when it comes to a long play game as he likes to eliminate any and all chance, but this is truly one of the best railroads on the table.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
We discussed this before. The railroad coming out of the head isn't as reliable as you think. There are several possible railroads, one of which has the ball eventually rolling up the left inlane but not in an easily catchable manner. It's possible to shoot the right ramp again on the fly from this, but tough to nail it.

The other problem is the short timer. You need to make all three right ramp shots reliably to get all six hits before time runs out. You can miss once at most. Any more missing and you'll run out of time. I say just stop trying this one and move on to easier continents instead.

Finally, you also can't do this if any balls are locked for multiball, the ramp won't divert into the lock.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Okay, thanks for the tips friends! Some info I didn't know, will try again armed with this. :)

Edit: 5 letters so far, getting closer!

Last edited:

Members online

Members online