First impressions

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Ok i looked at the flyer. the flipper gap really is that big. so that's correct.

but the physics are way to unfair on the central shots.

Last edited:

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Does the Mortal Kombat 3 Skydive trick work? Did they disable the extra ball button on this table?

They mention it in the instructions so I assume that means they left it in. I forget what they use as the extra ball button - it's the same as whatever you press to spam for "cheat" bonuses in Jack*Bot ...

Does anybody know if there's some secret significance to the fact that the skydive drop target and the slingshots score a very strange 12,730 points? Is this some Steve Ritchie numerology I'm unaware of?

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I have played this table many times in real life and its one of my fave tables. The flipper gap on TPA is way too big..

I've played No Fear IRL a few times only. It was never one of my favourite tables. I remember the real table physics also as not that best, the ruleset is ok or good, the table construction is a little bit obstructed in my opinion. Can't remember the flipper gap.

During my first game, the sound made me sick.

Understandable. :p

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
It's a pity with so many great tables to choose from that this gets chosen. Farsight should try and do some of the classic retro space themed tables like Robo War which have sounds which will keep everyone happy:

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
It's a pity with so many great tables to choose from that this gets chosen. Farsight should try and do some of the classic retro space themed tables like Robo War which have sounds which will keep everyone happy:

Very cool pin indeed. Would love to see that in TPA too.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I know David Gottlieb and Alvin Gottlieb (Alvin G.). Who is Michael?

As others have said, Michael is the son of Alvin. He was the one who actually ran the Alvin G. pinball company. Apparently he worked for Williams/Midway for a time as well.

I just find it interesting how closely related all the pinball companies really were/are.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, but that's consistent with the physics of every other table where center shots are important - AFM, MM, et al.

Consistent IRL or TPA? The railroading of the missed shots going directly to the outlanes and STDM seems oddly suspicious to me.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Consistent IRL or TPA? The railroading of the missed shots going directly to the outlanes and STDM seems oddly suspicious to me.

TPA - shots up the middle, especially on the fly, are consistently weaker than IRL across all tables. Conversely shots to the left/right orbits are stronger and often easier than they should be. Compare, say, the Catapult in TPA MM vs IRL. Then compare shooting the Castle from a running ball. Both are the opposite of what you might expect.

With NF - it seems intuitive that it should be possible to shoot the Skull with a running ball from either flipper - certainly the table is designed that way. But it's next to impossible. You have to trap to make that shot.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
With NF - it seems intuitive that it should be possible to shoot the Skull with a running ball from either flipper - certainly the table is designed that way. But it's next to impossible. You have to trap to make that shot.

I thought it was just me.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Last edited:

masterthes

Apr 12, 2014
When it doesn't take long to get the standard goals, that's the sign of an enjoyable table. And I don't find the announcer annoying. Isn't it the same guy on Medieval Madness?

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I thought it was just me.

Everybody thinks this, on all the similar center shots, the castle, the wrecking ball, the mosh pit, the roulette ramp, Disaster Drop. Everybody thinks they're just bad at pinball or at those shots. But it's not you, it's Farsight that still hasn't gotten this right after five years.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Everybody thinks this, on all the similar center shots, the castle, the wrecking ball, the mosh pit, the roulette ramp, Disaster Drop. Everybody thinks they're just bad at pinball or at those shots.
Says the guy who can't get even 255 Mosh Pits.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah, but that's consistent with the physics of every other table where center shots are important - AFM, MM, et al.

I have a much harder time on no fear then the other tables that have important center shots. Backhanding the skull isn't really possible reliably on the fly, but shooting it from the left flipper should be.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
When trying to get the jump ramp shot, after shooting up the ramp, why does it seem like sometimes the magnetic accelerator kicks in and sometimes it doesn't? It seems completely random so I have a really hard time getting the timing right. Is this the way it is IRL?

Steve

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I remember playing a really nice No Fear at a sandwich shop about fifteen years ago. It would kick my ass but I really loved the flow and the constant throwing the ball back in your face. The theme and music don't do too much for me, either positive or negative. It fits the design though. I like the busy artwork. It was nice to see Steve Ritchie abandon pops for, with the exception of subways, complete flow. The programming is where this game falls a bit short. I have a Getaway and when you score a jackpot or super jackpot, you f*cking know it! Light show and sounds galore. No Fear needed more of that to match its "extreme" theme.

The TPA version works well. Better than their interpretation of Getaway. Fun game.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.