Eight Ball Deluxe

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Just a quick question, hopefully not putting the importance that is "Eight Ball Deluxe" on the side rail, but is it just me: It seems that when a Cosmic Gunfight comes up for sale, it seems to be in Europe? Did they get a larger part of the export for this machine?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I believe spectrum to be a poor choice. Either

1) people will be able to shoot the upper saucer on the fly, and it will be too easy
2) people will be able to trap the kickouts from that top saucer, and then shoot the upper saucer, making it just as easy
3) people won't be ale to hit it reliably at all and it will be too hard.

It's a interesting idea, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

But, if memory serves me correctly, you just shoot the saucers for clues. You also have to shoot the drop targets, and with a wide range of shots, some of them have to be tricky.

Goin Nuts doesn't have out lanes either, and that table is still fairly difficult too keep balls in play in TPA. A lot harder than a lot of tables that actually do have out lanes.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Naw, you're safe. I'm just a humble newspaper reporter from Chicago. ;)

Well that's good to know......I thought I was going to be dragged in to some kind of paranormal episode....:D

edit: I think I was....I am sure that I could remember Bobby saying that they were working on Cab Support.....but now they are not?.....evil forces at work?....lol

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The saucers spot clues, and the top one is ALWAYS lit. so you can solve puzzles simply by pounding the top saucer over and over. The side ones are locked to two of the colors, and can only be changed form one to the other with the matching spinner. The top one can spot any color, and cycles with time. Once the clue saucer spots a color, you can shoot the SAME saucer to collect instead of the drop targets. The top saucer is always lit for an arrow. Do the math.

The catch is supposed to be that new ball is randomly ejected from the right or left and that it goes screaming down the hidden inlane to the flipper, to make it hard to shoot it again. It's supposed to be a difficult up the middle shot, but will most likely be easy from a trap in TPA.

SO when it comes down to it, Spectrum is a one shot game. Shoot the Holes part two, actually (laugh)

The flipper gap is a challenge. But In TPA you can usually find some railroads to help you out, and you have ungodly powerful nudging.

I TORE UP spectrum in visual pinball, and it was by shooting the top saucer.

Digital pinball doesn't handle shots that are supposed to be very difficult but not impossible very well.

Oh yeah. it's also an add-a-ball. if you shot both spinners twice you get another ball to play. if this is doable in tpa it's an easy infinite.

Last edited:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
EBD has a very high chance for season 6 imo.

Highly requested, highly rated, a lot of machines manufactured, no license, MPU already emulated (Centaur, Paragon)

Not sure whether Eight Ball, or Eight Ball champ would be better choices though? All seem very similar

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
EBD has a very high chance for season 6 imo.

Highly requested, highly rated, a lot of machines manufactured, no license, MPU already emulated (Centaur, Paragon)

Not sure whether Eight Ball, or Eight Ball champ would be better choices though? All seem very similar

They're all different games with a similar theme. EBD is the one that is generally regarded as the best.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
A triple pack would be the only solution ;)

That actually could have been an interesting strategy, more in line with what Zen Pinball does for releases. Themed packs like Elvira pack, Pin-Bot trilogy pack, Steve Richie and Pat Lawler Classics packs, etc. Wonder how that would have fared compared to how the releases were done. They would have demanded higher prices but could have driven higher sales by ensuring multiple tables were always released together.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
That actually could have been an interesting strategy, more in line with what Zen Pinball does for releases. Themed packs like Elvira pack, Pin-Bot trilogy pack, Steve Richie and Pat Lawler Classics packs, etc. Wonder how that would have fared compared to how the releases were done. They would have demanded higher prices but could have driven higher sales by ensuring multiple tables were always released together.

True, but also consider the console owners who'd have to wait even longer for tables, as if they didn't have to wait long enough because of Microsoft/Sony's restrictive policies/

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
IT`S A BEAUTIFULL DAY-YOU BLOODY BETCHA !!!!!:cool:

And it was very nicely done. The best table in season 6 so far.

I'll be playing this a lot this weekend and beyond. I won't have the time to see which of my previous tables have been loused up because of this update. EBD makes it worth it all!

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
I've been playing most of the night. EBD is a classic and very enjoyable. Only one quibble -- I've played EBD -- it should not rival F-14 in the speed department. It plays lightning fast.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
First to roll it :D #1 won't last long but I beat Tarek to something!

43576C5B1B87F343A82BC1E89C6A9A7DC259B9B9

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I've been playing most of the night. EBD is a classic and very enjoyable. Only one quibble -- I've played EBD -- it should not rival F-14 in the speed department. It plays lightning fast.

Hmm, I don't think it's nearly as fast as F-14... I just played this game IRL earlier this week and the speed seems pretty close to the real thing, from what I remember.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Hmm, I don't think it's nearly as fast as F-14... I just played this game IRL earlier this week and the speed seems pretty close to the real thing, from what I remember.

I think the flippers and bumpers are too strong. Like if you'd taken 1990s parts and put them in a 1980s table. The playfield is another matter, sure there's no diamond plate but you can keep a table clean. Remember though the table is playing like it would new out of the box. If anyone's got one lying around, I don't have a spare $10k+ to give you for it....

Members online

Members online