Eight Ball Deluxe

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I have a sneaky feeling this is going to be a great season,1st season was A1,this season might come a close 2nd.Mr. Bolt top of the pops at the Olympics !!! and Zlatan just keeps on scoring for Man United.:cool:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
It does play faster than any EBD I ever played but, otherwise, thanks. EBD is a great game that does just scream "one more time." Now where's Fathom? :)

invitro

May 4, 2012
I've played EBD quite a bit now and I suppose I agree with you folks: it's a real winner. The playfield is gorgeous and Farsight should be commended for that. The physics seem great too, and yeah it's fast and I feel like I've gotta work hard to keep the ball from draining. The rules seem a little deeper than I remember, and I think it'll be awhile before I do everything on the table. 10 Specials seem like a lot. I don't care for a limit of one EB per game but it's no biggie. My HS is 4.6M so far, I think it may be important to find safe shots and hit them over and over to get a high score. Maybe the left orbit.

It seems like a lock to be the highest-rated table that's not a WMS or Stern DMD or a Williams. I'm eager to see if it turns out that way on smbhax's list, taking the title from TX-Sector.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
You can get 3 EBs per game. One each on balls 1, 2, and 3. You just have to score the Special at the left loop and on the next ball you can get an EB again.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Immediately into my top 5 pins as well. So easy to just keep playing one more game.

All I'm missing now are the 10 specials. Had several 8-9 special games. But this game is fun enough to keep me playing for a long time to come. I can't believe I actually made the top 10 on the leader boards. Won't be there for long though.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Yup, I'm enjoying this table as well. The objectives are really simple but tricky to achieve. Playing it is like eating potato chips; I just keep going.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
No toys. No ramps. No multiball. No DMD. No license. Not a Williams. Yet still
so freaking good!

Hugh Jorgen

Apr 3, 2013
I am loving this.

I have managed to put together different bits of a good game, but I just can't close the deal and bring em all together.

ONE MORE GAME !!!

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
I shore miss that ramp shot...

Kidding. I thought this was going to be another Xenon. Highly requested table that I just didn't get. My prior experiences with EBD were kinda meh. But digging into it there's a lot more going on than I thought. I agree, best of the season so far by a lot. I will get that perfect game eventually.

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
First table I ever played IRL, down on Brighton seafront. Very happy to see it finally in TPA, and probably looking/playing a lot nicer than if it had had the S1 release it deserved. Also the first TPA game I've played where I didn't get to make a single flipper shot the whole game (2-player game, P1 3.5 million, P2 72,000, all from top rollovers and bumper hits before immediate centre drains...) - love it :)

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
Finally. My RL pinball experience was in 1981. This was my second favorite machine after Paragon. Glad to see the table is as fun as I remembered.

karl

May 10, 2012
I am so glad that Farsight did a great job with this one. It was a big favorite before, in real life, and now it is also a top 5 for me in TPA. There is a reason why some of us keep nagging about more tables from that time period. ;)

Also, thanks to shutyertrap for going the extra distance, pestering Farsight about doing this table.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I am really surprised at the addictiveness of this table. I played it in the wild, but apparently didn't see its charms at the time. Now I know why it was always one of the last pinball machines to linger at various bars, bowling alleys, etc before they all disappeared.

(I mean the pinball machines all disappeared. Bars didn't disappear. Bowling alleys are not looking good though.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.