Eight Ball Deluxe

Jay

May 19, 2012
One weird theme: you're in a crazy funhouse with a deranged dummy shouting at you. Your task: put the dummy to sleep and then sneak into his basement to steal his jackpots. While you're doing that, eat as many hot dogs as you can.

I'm not happy with you now....

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
One weird theme: you're in a crazy funhouse with a deranged dummy shouting at you. Your task: put the dummy to sleep and then sneak into his basement to steal his jackpots. While you're doing that, eat as many hot dogs as you can.

I'd say that is downright normal compared to shooting a dog with a toast-firing hair dryer and getting a bonus from a toilet.

karl

May 10, 2012
They also carry over from game to game as long as you do not exit the game in play before it is over or quit the main app, so you do not need to do that

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Indeed... the number of people who don't realize exiting the table resets the letters, or more importantly, exiting a game midway through via the pause menu does the same. I've had to explain it a couple of times now. It's the same in say Hurricane or EatPM with PALACE and ELVIRA respectively.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Well as expected, didn't much care for it. Can't get into single ball tables. Multi-ball is where it's at for me. Personal opinion.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
:eek: I haven't noticed that, ok, not needed.

LCA? For what feature?

I can confirm that Tarek is correct here. I just made the Deluxe wizard goal by playing a 4 player game. Made the back glass Deluxe on the last ball on player 4.
The specials wizard goal however will not work this way. I had 21 specials over the course of this 4 player game and did not register that wizard goal

invitro

May 4, 2012
The specials wizard goal however will not work this way. I had 21 specials over the course of this 4 player game and did not register that wizard goal
I wonder if it's possible that TPA doesn't recognize the goal if you pass over 10 instead of landing on it. :)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I wonder if it's possible that TPA doesn't recognize the goal if you pass over 10 instead of landing on it. :)

I think it only works for a one-player game. Can't say for sure-I've had six games with 9 specials so far.
Also had four BH games where I've had 30+ cards, but could not light the card trade hole. (The only way to get the double super jackpot).

One of most wanted tables finally comes to TPA, and it still manages to be a bad weekend LOL.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014

No. The goal is to collect 10 specials. So one player has to collect 10 specials. DELUXE letters carry on to another game so eventually one does get all 6 (game crashed on me when I had 5 *?!*#*%). But there's no point to play this one in 4 player mode since that does not give any advantage to achieve goals.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
No. The goal is to collect 10 specials. So one player has to collect 10 specials. DELUXE letters carry on to another game so eventually one does get all 6 (game crashed on me when I had 5 *?!*#*%). But there's no point to play this one in 4 player mode since that does not give any advantage to achieve goals.
------
Thanx for the info. I was (am) befuddled why I am getting no achievements (latest hi-scores & all) playing 4 people. Yet, it has great fluidity play & art & sounds eh. :cool::D

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Table is beginning to qualify for "most fun yet frustrating tables" list. I think this may be the one that finally gets me to try to nudge effectively (which means using the controller to play; I've never found a keyboard setup for nudging that actually seemed to work for me). I'm real tired of the way a ball which heads for C or D is pretty much guaranteed to go for the outlane instead, and the center drain feels about five miles wide. Usually when I have trouble with a table it's because I can't aim at what I want, not because of drains. Here it's the other way around.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Yeah, same here: This game plays *hard*!

But it does play pretty close to the way I remember it when it was new. Back in the late 80's we had a strip mall near us which had an Arcade adjacent to a Pizza joint. Practically every Friday I would order a Pizza and then play "Eight Ball Deluxe" for a solid half hour or so at the Arcade while my Pizza was cooking. (The Arcade proprietor had three EBDs -- He was no fool!) And at least once a month my friends and brother would play a four player tournament on the table. Again, having the Arcade next to the Pizza joint was very convenient. This release really brings back the memories!

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Kudos to Farsight for keeping the evil factor that this table is supposed to have.

Even with uber tpa nudging, this game is actually difficult. house balls off the bumpers, drains off the drop targets, the rebound off of the bank shot drop target and right down the middle. it's all there like it's supposed to be.

The eight ball is actually kinder then real life, where it often goes down the middle unless you used the upper flipper on it.

Members online

Members online