Eight Ball Deluxe

Hugh Jorgen

Apr 3, 2013
I been here awhile and we were talkin about EBD way back then.

I guess this has been a pipe dream ? ... or are there serious talks to make this happen ?

Still waiting patiently,
Hugh Jorgen

Hugh Jorgen

Apr 3, 2013
I'll be honest ... every time I see an email from FarSight I am hopeful, maybe unreasonably so, that I am 1 release closer.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I have been patiently waiting for this as well....but my patients is starting to wear thin.....maybe it will be this release...:D

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It's such an iconic layout that we have to get it at some point. It's a missing front tooth in the Farsight smile at this point.

olivier

Nov 24, 2013
EBD is not the only missing tooth, IMO, the only negative point in the pinball arcade is the lack old tables, the pinball history is not limited to the 1988 1994 era, tables like eight ball deluxe, spirit, embryo, and many more from that era are missing

Deepest blue

Jul 14, 2012
I can only wish too, for so long I've been waiting for this, I wouldn't stop playing it like I didn't stop playing it back then. I still can't believe we've not got it. Other ones of that era I miss playing is Flash Gordon, Vector, Pac Man & Space Invaders.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It's such an iconic layout that we have to get it at some point. It's a missing front tooth in the Farsight smile at this point.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

It was popular enough to earn a re-release a few years after the original. Great overall design and sound effects for that era too. Though I did like Xenon and Centaur, (and FarSight was right to include these in TPA), I think EBD is the finest example of Bally's pinball tables of the early 80's.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Many people out there are thinking TPA only has a couple seasons left, but the fact that this table isn't there is just the tip of a Titanic-sized iceberg why TPA has countless seasons left. And I'm not thinking of what EM tables can (and should) be added to the menu. FS has hit big with this.

A little bit of a tangent here, a company called Krome Studios did a video game equivalent of this on xbox live called Gameroom. It was pretty popular, but something happened and they stopped adding content. I would've loved to have seen Gorf added to this game.

Funkbox

Aug 29, 2014
EBD is not the only missing tooth, IMO, the only negative point in the pinball arcade is the lack old tables, the pinball history is not limited to the 1988 1994 era, tables like eight ball deluxe, spirit, embryo, and many more from that era are missing

Agreed. I've never figured out why they only seem to love gimmicky tables from the 80s onward. So many older tables had unique layouts and great challenges. I just watched a video from TNT amusements on Youtube. showing off a Phoenix table. That's one I would definitely like to see.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
EBD, Sorcerer, Fathom, Paragon, Space Station, Swords of Fury, Cosmic Gunfight, Spectrum, Comet, Seawitch, and the list can go on and on....

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I believe spectrum to be a poor choice. Either

1) people will be able to shoot the upper saucer on the fly, and it will be too easy
2) people will be able to trap the kickouts from that top saucer, and then shoot the upper saucer, making it just as easy
3) people won't be ale to hit it reliably at all and it will be too hard.

It's a interesting idea, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

karl

May 10, 2012
EBD = Heaven

This is actually one of the simplest games from 81. But the shots just feel so damn good. This is not nostalgia talking here. I had never played it, before finally getting one, a couple of months ago.

Game is in good condition except a spot with raised wood, right above the right flipper. Slow balls will get stuck there 50% of the time. Still, one hell of a game.

One crucial thing is that the difficult level is just right. Getting the eightball bonus, max bonus multiplier or maxing out the left orbit value is not a gimme. Therefor, it feels so damn good when everything comes together.

What a fantastic machine!

Last edited:

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
EBD = Heaven

This is actually one of the simplest games from 81. But the shots just feel so damn good. This is not nostalgia talking here. I had never played it, before finally getting one, a couple of months ago.

Game is in good condition except a spot with raised wood, right above the right flipper. Slow balls will get stuck there 50% of the time. Still, one hell of a game.

One crucial thing is that the difficult level is just right. Getting the eightball bonus, max bonus multiplier or maxing out the left orbit value is not a gimme. Therefor, it feels so damn good when everything comes together.

What a fantastic machine!

Absolutely agree! Couldn't have said it better. FS.....make this machine!

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
[MENTION=2101]Zaphod77[/MENTION]: You are probably right, I have never Spectrum in real life and based on the rarity I most likely won't. I am just so intrigued with the concept based of the VP recreation that I have played, that I would like to see it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.