BlahCade 34: Dressed to a Tee

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Links

Stream/Download/RSS: http://shoutengine.com/BlahCadePodcast/dressed-to-a-tee-14210

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/blahcade-podcast/id1039748922?mt=2

Blab.im: https://blab.im/BlahCade

T-shirts: https://represent.com/blahcade-logo-tee

Summary

Before we say anything else, we now have an official BlahCade Shirt! Visit the link to get one. Don’t delay: the campaign is here for a good time, not a long time.

It’s a potpourri of pinball topics, TV and movies, next TPA table musings, and T-shirts (did we mention T-shirts!!!).

Segments

• Intro and Sponsors
  • Introductions - 0:45
  • Thanks Giving - 1:00
  • Cyber Monday Sales - 3:20
  • T-shirts for Sale! - 7:20
  • T-shirt Pricing and Portal - 10:00
  • Why T-shirts - 12:36
  • Tournament Results - 13:00
  • Bracketing in TotM? - 17:40
  • Zen Book Club - 18:36
  • Zen Devs and Table Flow - 23:00
  • How to join the Book Club - 24:00
  • Judge Dredd - 25:30
  • No Fear and Licensing - 28:20
  • Rollergames and Custom Audio - 29:20
  • Brunswick Pro Bowling or Big Lebowski - 30:00
  • Lego Dimensions: Gateway Drug to Movie Introductions - 31:00
  • Jared Owns Up to Lack of Portal - 36:20
  • Television Talk: Mid-season Breaks - 38:30
  • Must Watch TV Because Spoilers - 42:00
  • Instant Fix Society. Boo! - 46:00
  • TotW: FunHouse - 48:00
  • Final T-shirt Plug - 49:45
  • Sponsors and Outro - 51:00

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I guess Pinballwiz45b is still playing his first game of Epic Quest and just didn't have enough time to finish it yet.

BTW: Chris, you missed to mention how your challenge on that table to me ended ;) I'm still waiting for your next challenge.

Jared, how could you NOT play Portal yet? Both games are sooooo good! Play it. Now! :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Jared, if you don't want to brine a turkey, you can buy a kosher bird as they are already pre-brined as part of there processing. Can you get a kosher bird in Australia?

Easiest way to cook is to place oven rack at lowest position. Cook bird at 500 degrees F for half an hour to crisp up the skin a bit. Then lower temp to 350 F and place a digital thermometer in the breast set to alarm at 161 F. Takes about 2 hours for a 14 lb bird. Let rest (tented with aluminum foil) for 20 minutes. Pretty foolproof and not much work involved.

Now you can pretend to be a pilgrim like an American. Don't forget to watch football and get in an argument with your relatives. These also seem essential in my house.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I guess Pinballwiz45b is still playing his first game of Epic Quest and just didn't have enough time to finish it yet.

BTW: Chris, you missed to mention how your challenge on that table to me ended ;) I'm still waiting for your next challenge.

Jared, how could you NOT play Portal yet? Both games are sooooo good! Play it. Now! :)

I'll let everyone know how the rest of the challenge goes when I can still be declared winner! Until then, silence.

Also, I'm now sampling the other 10 tables I picked up with the Steam sale. Can't say much about gameplay, but Deadpool and Butters are cracking me up.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Can't say much about gameplay, but Deadpool and Butters are cracking me up.

They are pretty hilarious. Butters is a bit easier for me, but I also have this table quite some time on PC. Deadpool I just purchased now on Steam and had it on Android before. I'm really a lot worse on tablet than on PC with the controller.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Jared, if you don't want to brine a turkey, you can buy a kosher bird as they are already pre-brined as part of there processing. Can you get a kosher bird in Australia?

Easiest way to cook is to place oven rack at lowest position. Cook bird at 500 degrees F for half an hour to crisp up the skin a bit. Then lower temp to 350 F and place a digital thermometer in the breast set to alarm at 161 F. Takes about 2 hours for a 14 lb bird. Let rest (tented with aluminum foil) for 20 minutes. Pretty foolproof and not much work involved.

Now you can pretend to be a pilgrim like an American. Don't forget to watch football and get in an argument with your relatives. These also seem essential in my house.
Lol. Pro advice! Not sure if we can get Kosher turkeys here, but I'm sure someone sells them.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So me and Xanija have been going at it back and forth on Epic Quest. I feel I have finally thrown the gauntlet down, with a score of 290.9 million (which puts me 24th on the leaderboard). I managed to get all the epic gear, and defeat all the enemies, thus earning me all the achievement rewards. As far as Zen Book Club purposes go, I think I'm done with this table. But then again, if one of you goes and beats that score...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So me and Xanija have been going at it back and forth on Epic Quest. I feel I have finally thrown the gauntlet down, with a score of 290.9 million (which puts me 24th on the leaderboard). I managed to get all the epic gear, and defeat all the enemies, thus earning me all the achievement rewards. As far as Zen Book Club purposes go, I think I'm done with this table. But then again, if one of you goes and beats that score...
That's pretty epic, all right.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
FYI...Dead World will spin in The Pinball Arcade version...not a mod. The balls locking individually on the Dead World atmosphere ring is the mod that will not make it into The Pinball Arcade version. The balls will lock virtually like they do on the later produced Judge Dredd tables.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
FYI...Dead World will spin in The Pinball Arcade version...not a mod. The balls locking individually on the Dead World atmosphere ring is the mod that will not make it into The Pinball Arcade version. The balls will lock virtually like they do on the later produced Judge Dredd tables.
Thanks for listening PiN WiZ.

Quite right, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.