Aesthetics completely broken after No Fear update (Steam)

MisterVercetti

May 26, 2015
After the previous update that added No Fear, the aesthetics for Black Hole are completely and utterly broken. The two most noticeable issues are that the score display is completely gone and the sounds are totally wrong (with such gems as "Extra Ball is Lit" whenever the ball drains, "Re-entry attempt has failed" when the gate is open, and, most amusingly, the Haunted House rollover sound playing on loop in the lower playfield). I read in another thread that FarSight was working on getting emulation for the Gottlieb 80 MPU system working... could it be that an unfinished build of the emulated version of BH managed to sneak its way in when No Fear went out?

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
I've noticed a pumping effect in many tables from a few patches back; it is like they added a limiter and compressor to the sound system - and in my opinion it sounds bad.
Can anyone confirm?

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
After the previous update that added No Fear, the aesthetics for Black Hole are completely and utterly broken. The two most noticeable issues are that the score display is completely gone and the sounds are totally wrong (with such gems as "Extra Ball is Lit" whenever the ball drains, "Re-entry attempt has failed" when the gate is open, and, most amusingly, the Haunted House rollover sound playing on loop in the lower playfield). I read in another thread that FarSight was working on getting emulation for the Gottlieb 80 MPU system working... could it be that an unfinished build of the emulated version of BH managed to sneak its way in when No Fear went out?

I'm curious which platform you're playing on. I know you said Steam, which I thought implied PC, but I just tried it (I play the Steam/PC version too) and I didn't see any of this. Very strange!

invitro

May 4, 2012
Thanks Flippy!

I'm curious which platform you're playing on. I know you said Steam, which I thought implied PC, but I just tried it (I play the Steam/PC version too) and I didn't see any of this. Very strange!

Eccy, I think it's only DX9. (Or maybe only DX11? Sorry, I posted some file revision info in a different thread, but I forgot which.)

Members online

Members online