Tried this one again

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
After playing TPA for a awhile now, I can appreciate this table more, its smooth ball flow, & the way it sends the ball SDTM all kinds of ways. Is not easy to get a high score, & that all stripes & solids Wizard Goal is subtly difficult. My first judgement of this table was wrong. Kinda brings back memories of SO76 & Old Chicago in my youth. :)

invitro

May 4, 2012
Blech. It's popular because it's an oddity in TPA. I think if TPA had a different EM instead, like Fireball or Atlantis or one of a few dozen others, it'd be even more popular.

I do play Big Shot a lot, because it has my fifth-lowest rank, and games on it are short. It usually just makes me ornery though. It's tough for keyboard players, and I've decided not to spend time trying to get good with a controller. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I totally agree there are many other EMs that I would prefer including the two you mention. But I truly enjoy playing it and not just because it is an oddity. Goin Nuts is much more of an oddity and I hate it. But that's me.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Big Shot is awesome, not just because of the gameplay, but because you don't have to sit through the same DMD animations and voice clips over and over again. It is just straight forward action and you don't have to think too much about where to shoot it. TPA definitely needs more tables like this.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I do admit that sitting and waiting through certain tables' certain DMD animations gets tiring... I hope this EM pack that has been mentioned is a real thing and coming in the not too distant future.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Big Shot is awesome, not just because of the gameplay, but because you don't have to sit through the same DMD animations and voice clips over and over again. It is just straight forward action and you don't have to think too much about where to shoot it. TPA definitely needs more tables like this.
HOW TRUE Gorgar !!! :cool:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Blech. It's popular because it's an oddity in TPA. I think if TPA had a different EM instead, like Fireball or Atlantis or one of a few dozen others, it'd be even more popular.

I do play Big Shot a lot, because it has my fifth-lowest rank, and games on it are short. It usually just makes me ornery though. It's tough for keyboard players, and I've decided not to spend time trying to get good with a controller. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Invitro, Do yourself a favor and get an Xbox controller (wired ones can be had for about $25 dollars). It's much easier on your hands, gives greater control, offers analog nudging instead of Chuck Norris-force-insta-tilt nudges. As someone who use to use the keyboard until I tried an Xbox controller (I wore out the left thumbstick, but you can rearrange button mapping to the right stick) and have been happy since.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.