First impressions

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
1 year for flatulence. This is an awesome table. Played it at a pinball convention, the sound was really low so I couldn't figure out what was scoring what, or what was going on in general. So now in the TPA version I can't figure out what's scoring what, or what's going on in general. Dare I say, it my fav of season 5 so far?
____
I'm guessing Trump voters will like this eh. Me included 😁.

Comp_Lex

Dec 14, 2015
Post your first impressions of the table and it's gameplay here.

In my opinion, it feels a lot like a game Data East would make during this time period. Lots of modes, a single multiball mode, a wizard mode that's just a points frenzy, and a ton of other similarities. It doesn't have the same appeal as, say, Twilight Zone, where you can stack modes on top of each other, or Indiana Jones WMS, where you can stack them up with multiball. It may be the designers personal preference but this one isn't one of my favorites.

The music, however, is the saving grace of this table. Love it and would purchase the music if I could, ranging from rock to positively absurd music.
I can see why you would see it as a Data East table, but I don't think you should ignore the SuperGame feature. Without the SuperGame feature it would not be regarded as near as good as it is regarded now.

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
I can see why you would see it as a Data East table, but I don't think you should ignore the SuperGame feature. Without the SuperGame feature it would not be regarded as near as good as it is regarded now.

Super Game also unbalances scoring to the extent that I would've hoped to see it have a separate HOF score, like Safecracker's Assault on the Vault.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
So far I'm kinda ambivalent about JD. It's another one with looooong game times but without the variation too make it bearable. Similar to MSF in that respect. I just don't have the patience to score chase on a table like this.

MSF is a drain-fest with short game times for me, and maybe two ways to get extra balls. JD's ramp shots are much more forgiving and you can earn extra balls while dozing off. Lots to do in the game, but not much depth. But it look nice and has a great soundtrack. JD is one of those TPA tables you have to had been a fan of back then to truly enjoy now.

I would've preferred Demolition Man, but I'm sure licensing makes it an impossibility.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
It's sort of all over the place. It doesn't make a lot of sense. BUT it has been really fun for the last couple days. I will have to see if it stays fun.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Just took second place with a 29B game. I played a couple of hours and still have only a third of the points scored by Tarek. The scoring doesn't really scale too, although the crime scenes add up to increase bonus. After 255 they will reset though. I got in a nice groove but couldn't sustain in the end.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
I'm not normally one to complain about tables being too easy. I generally prefer to be able to progress and see all of the modes, etc. without being punished with frequent restarts. Leave the insane difficulty to real-life pinball, if you ask me.

But this table just takes it way too far even for me. It's probably mostly just because of how easy it is to get extra balls, so even when I drain it feels like I'm just a few shots away from racking up 3 or 4 extras again. I played a game last night where I didn't even do all that well but the game lasted a full hour and I finally just started letting balls drain on purpose. I lost count but it had to have been a 15-ball game by the time I was done.

It's a pretty fun table for a while, but it just drags in a way that I can't remember ever happening with other tables I can go long on (TAF most notably.)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Seems they should have set max stacked extra balls at one.. instead of SIX!

(yes i looked in the pro menu)

invitro

May 4, 2012
I had a nice long 18B game. I agree with what you folks say, but I didn't really get bored because I now have a GTX 770 (thanks [MENTION=1595]Crazy Newt[/MENTION]!) and so this is the first table that I played new in DX11, and also the first I recorded to video, both things that seemed impossible. And the recent memory fixes mean that I can alt-tab freely and so pause a game and use my puter for other stuff with at least much less fear of crashing. But I did start taking screenshots of crimes and trying to "catch" all of them :).

I think JD will be awesome in the tournament. At least I don't have any idea of a strat. Farsight had better put it in the January one.

Hitting the "small loop" and "big loop" (is that right?) crime scenes can get annoying, but maybe it's good that they're somewhat of a challenge.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Be sure to adjust the lighting and room environment if you didn't do this already. No global setting for this, so you have to adjust each table one at a time. I play in a darker room, and I just use 20 room and 60 lights for every table. Attack from Mars is particularly fun with the DX11 lighting.

Members online

Members online