First impressions

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Post your first impressions of the table and it's gameplay here.

In my opinion, it feels a lot like a game Data East would make during this time period. Lots of modes, a single multiball mode, a wizard mode that's just a points frenzy, and a ton of other similarities. It doesn't have the same appeal as, say, Twilight Zone, where you can stack modes on top of each other, or Indiana Jones WMS, where you can stack them up with multiball. It may be the designers personal preference but this one isn't one of my favorites.

The music, however, is the saving grace of this table. Love it and would purchase the music if I could, ranging from rock to positively absurd music.

invitro

May 4, 2012
15 years for Heresy! (I haven't played it yet and am gonna try to wait until the tourney is over. :))

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
1 year for flatulence. This is an awesome table. Played it at a pinball convention, the sound was really low so I couldn't figure out what was scoring what, or what was going on in general. So now in the TPA version I can't figure out what's scoring what, or what's going on in general. Dare I say, it my fav of season 5 so far?

karl

May 10, 2012
Judge Dredd is ok, but it was far from the top of my most wanted 90' Williams/Bally games of what is left. Still cool to have, though

Looks like there are ca 14 games left of all the dmd Bally/Williams catalog, but probably only 4-5 of those are possible to do because of license hurdles.

(Still a lot of great 70' and 80' games left to do, so I am not crying. :D Just thought it fun to count what is left.

01. The Shadow
02. Congo
03. Dr. Who
04. Indiana Jones
05. NBA Fastbreak
06. Demolition Man
07. Johnny Mnemonic
08. Flintstones
09. Indy 500
10. Corvette
11. Dirty Harry
12. Popeye
13. Hurricane
14. Gilligans Island

wolfson

May 24, 2013
1 year for flatulence. This is an awesome table. Played it at a pinball convention, the sound was really low so I couldn't figure out what was scoring what, or what was going on in general. So now in the TPA version I can't figure out what's scoring what, or what's going on in general. Dare I say, it my fav of season 5 so far?
Extork my fave too !!!:cool: great table.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Looks like there are ca 14 games left of all the dmd Bally/Williams catalog

Almost got 'em all. 30 years for omitting the best* one: World Cup Soccer. It doesn't have a chance in hell though, so maybe that's what you were thinking. :)

* Well, maybe. I could go with Shadow, IJ, or even DM or Corvette, and haven't played much JMn, Popeye, Congo, I500, Gilligan, or DH. Flintstones doesn't get any attention, and I don't much remember it, but I do remember liking it pretty well.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Extork my fave too !!!:cool: great table.

Well, how many tables do we get with two 'side flippers' other than lawlor tables. Usually they have one shot to go for. Like the piano. What I like about this table is that the side flippers have up to 3 shots. Usually side flippers just aren't that fun (LCA). But the flow to this table is weird to get used to, but just fun in the end. And it's actually very forgiving. Very rarely do I want to swear up a storm after a drain. It was my own fault.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I'm posting this because it might help you guys appreciate JD more, or any newcomer. Also because it's funny. But hell, maybe it'll help us people who've never seen the movie understand what's going on with the table

It wouldn't let me post it, but check out the nostalgia critic's review of judge dredd

karl

May 10, 2012
Almost got 'em all. 30 years for omitting the best* one: World Cup Soccer. It doesn't have a chance in hell though, so maybe that's what you were thinking. :)

* Well, maybe. I could go with Shadow, IJ, or even DM or Corvette, and haven't played much JMn, Popeye, Congo, I500, Gilligan, or DH. Flintstones doesn't get any attention, and I don't much remember it, but I do remember liking it pretty well.

Thanks :) Have no clue how I forgot to name that one, since that was the first one I thought about

15 it is, then. Maybe 5 of those can be recreated by Farsight. That's my wild, uneducated guess at least :)

Last edited:

sneakynotsneaky

Feb 21, 2015
So far I'm kinda ambivalent about JD. It's another one with looooong game times but without the variation too make it bearable. Similar to MSF in that respect. I just don't have the patience to score chase on a table like this.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I'm posting this because it might help you guys appreciate JD more, or any newcomer. Also because it's funny. But hell, maybe it'll help us people who've never seen the movie understand what's going on with the table

It wouldn't let me post it, but check out the nostalgia critic's review of judge dredd

You watch Nostalgia Critic as well? That's cool, I don't really watch his newer reviews too much but there's a lot of good ones he made.

BTW it's not based on the movie :p

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Agreed. Physics aren't too good on this one either, it feels like something you'd see in Season 1 or Season 2. Games take a while.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Meh, it's always nice to have a new table but as others already said, a bit of a boring grind. I like the variation of the shots in a quite original layout but I'm still figuring out that upper flipper. I don't get the spinning disc and crane/magnet thing, what is the added value there? It's not super drainy and with a quite repeatable EB, I can see the usual suspects going infinite on this table. There is some challenge in getting MB's going for a longer time, with no place to park balls, and some random ricochets, a MB can be over quick. Best maybe to try to drain to 2 balls and control it from there.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
while I agree that table isn't that much great in any way when it comes to gamplay, for me it is also the best in this season. And if that leak is some reference, it will stay that way.

Members online

Members online