Season 5

SqueakyClean

Oct 2, 2015
Has anybody picked up the new season 5 tables for the Vita yet?

How do they play?
Any major slow downs?

Some tables like POTO are pretty much unplayable because of that.

Hopefully they play nice! :)

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2013
poto play's like pure ****...i want to buy them but i need to get some feed back too..the ball spudder's so bad in poto i cant believe they will release a table like that

SqueakyClean

Oct 2, 2015
Well, season 4 was pretty good, apart of POTO. Some slowdown on Xenon, but the other tables work great. I think it's a great season, but i think it's still disconcerting that two of three micro stutter tables are in S4 (POTO, Xenon & CBW).

I seriously want Judge Dredd, so I will probably wait getting S5 when someone gives the OK on that table. So probably summer 2016... ;)

So hopefully some PS3-player has a Vita with which they can test S5. I'll post a topic there.

SqueakyClean

Oct 2, 2015
Well, surprise, surprise! No season 5 tables available in EU...

Damn, if I would miss so many deadlines, I'd be out of a job! :(

SqueakyClean

Oct 2, 2015
One month on and still no damn season five Vita tables in the EU store. What a bunch of incompetent dimwits!

I now fully understand why most people are so salty with Farsight...! I previously gave them the benefit of the doubt, but enough is enough.

I don't know how to go from here. Any insightful suggestions are welcome!

Last edited:

Cathaeter

Nov 20, 2015
One month on and still no damn season five Vita tables in the EU store. What a bunch of incompetent dimwits!

I now fully understand why most people are so salty with Farsight...! I previously gave them the benefit of the doubt, but enough is enough.

I don't know how to go from here. Any insightful suggestions are welcome!

Apparently the vita version failed the submission to psn, its in a post on the ps3 board.

SqueakyClean

Oct 2, 2015
Apparently the vita version failed the submission to psn, its in a post on the ps3 board.
I read that too, but that was almost three weeks ago.

I do admit that I don't quite know what the submission process entails but still: I hate waiting this long, even more when it's one month late.

It's currently being resubmitted. Were awaiting approval before releasing the update.

Thanks for the update. Let's hope it gets here next week...

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I read that too, but that was almost three weeks ago.

I do admit that I don't quite know what the submission process entails but still: I hate waiting this long, even more when it's one month late.

Thanks for the update. Let's hope it gets here next week...

It takes longer than this. The submission and approval process is archaic, to say the least, from what I understand, and it's not a neat and tidy process.

It's surely not like Android, or even iOS, as far as updates and so forth.

SqueakyClean

Oct 2, 2015
But why does Zen Pinball not have this problem? They release on all platforms at the same time, so not only Sony but also MS, Apple, Google and Steam.

To me the excuse of Sony having a tough, time consuming approval process feels off. Sure, they want the programs to work, but besides that some rules and guidelines which have to be followed?

I see to many other DEVs not have problems with this. Or did something happen between Sony and Farsighted in the past which hinders the approval process now?

And it's not only Sony. De Xbox is being neglected as well...

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I'll tell you, it's like FS pissed-off someone important at Sony or something. I've never heard of any other company having so many release issues as FS.

SqueakyClean

Oct 2, 2015
The tables finally showed up in the store today and I picked m up.

The Getaway: High Speed II
Playe great! Fast & smooth. No micro stutters. The ball did fall out of the turbo charger a few times...

F14
Plays great too! Super fast and plays smooth. Great table.

Frankenstein
Well, it wouldn't be Farsight if all tables worked great, and so this one sucks quite a bit due to stuttering. Easily the worst of the three tables and on par with POTO, which says enough. 6 ball multiball didn't make it worse, so it's something in the basics. Maybe the DOT-matrix display, who knows.

So 2 out of 3 at the moment, which is still quite bad. Hopefully JD and No Fear will be smooth!

Cathaeter

Nov 20, 2015
The tables finally showed up in the store today and I picked m up.

The Getaway: High Speed II
Playe great! Fast & smooth. No micro stutters. The ball did fall out of the turbo charger a few times...

F14
Plays great too! Super fast and plays smooth. Great table.

Frankenstein
Well, it wouldn't be Farsight if all tables worked great, and so this one sucks quite a bit due to stuttering. Easily the worst of the three tables and on par with POTO, which says enough. 6 ball multiball didn't make it worse, so it's something in the basics. Maybe the DOT-matrix display, who knows.

So 2 out of 3 at the moment, which is still quite bad. Hopefully JD and No Fear will be smooth!

Yeah finally recieved them too...I agree that frankenstein is the worse of the 3 but way better than poto.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
But why does Zen Pinball not have this problem? They release on all platforms at the same time, so not only Sony but also MS, Apple, Google and Steam.

To me the excuse of Sony having a tough, time consuming approval process feels off. Sure, they want the programs to work, but besides that some rules and guidelines which have to be followed?

I see to many other DEVs not have problems with this. Or did something happen between Sony and Farsighted in the past which hinders the approval process now?

And it's not only Sony. De Xbox is being neglected as well...

Their tables are done way in advance, as opposed to starting tables at the beginning of each month and submitting them for release that month.

I would love it if FS could take a few months off to get everything squared away, but that's probably never going to happen.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Difference is, FS makes tables that attempt to mimic real-life tables, and have to play like a real-life table. Zen Pinball is fako made-up tables that don't have to "measure up" to real-life physics. I'm sure that makes Zen tables easier to produce.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Okay, thanks for the info on stutter. I asked about this on XBox 360 tables (TOTAN, MB, MM, TAF) and nobody responded. I only have the basic TPA purchase for Vita, & those seem to play fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.