Doctor Who Kickstarter

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
This is a pleasant surprise. Hopefully the licenses aren't too much. FS must have worked with the BBC to help sort things out.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Just for reference:

Twilight Zone:
Goal: 55k
Pledge Total: 77.5k

ST:NG
Goal: 45k
Pledge Total: 52k

T2:
Goal: 59k
Pledge Total: 62k

Addams Family:
Goal: 97.5k
Pledge Total: 115k

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
The show was killed off in 1986ish after it was used as a schedule test for potential audience figures for the 1985 debut of the BBCs flagship soap Eastenders. The Director General at the time was not a fan therefore the demise was written on the wall for years before lack of budget and poor writing left an easy final decision to kill it off.
The revival has proven more popular in the US than ever thought but it's a new structure at the BBC itself. Recent pressure from Government and internal management have left it far more cost sensitive beast. Potentially this could mean the license is more expensive than expected.
The property is greatly valued now and Peter Capaldi has given even more popularity in the US, raising the potential property value further. This may mean a higher KS target than would seem comfortable.

Let's hope not though

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Bit disappointed as I can't stand this table, was hoping for either TSPP or LOTR....hopefully next time maybe.

Hope it reaches its goal for the guys who want it but this will be the first table I won't be backing

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Bit disappointed as I can't stand this table, was hoping for either TSPP or LOTR....hopefully next time maybe.

Hope it reaches its goal for the guys who want it but this will be the first table I won't be backing

Hopefully they are included as part of the new Stern App! Otherwise TSPP would have been the next Kickstarter.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Hopefully they are included as part of the new Stern App! Otherwise TSPP would have been the next Kickstarter.

That would be good.

Ok if we're taking Stern table out of the KS equation, other than Doctor Who, Indian Jones & Star Wars (those 2 we're unlikely to ever see) what other tables would be worthy (and popular enough) to warrant a KS?

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
That would be good.

Ok if we're taking Stern table out of the KS equation, other than Doctor Who, Indian Jones & Star Wars (those 2 we're unlikely to ever see) what other tables would be worthy (and popular enough) to warrant a KS?

The Shadow,possibly - at the moment,if you discount IJ and any Stern/JJP licenses - it's ranked pretty high on the lists (#26 on Pinside,#27 on IPDB). It would obviously depend on how much it would totally cost. The property itself shouldn't be too bad,but the actor likenesses might be an issue.

Of course,since it's number two on my top two most wanted tables in TPA - I'd like to see it.

karl

May 10, 2012
What a pleasant surprise.

If we are going by table quality, then The Shadow should be the next williams kickstarter after Dr Who, for sure. But I am afraid that table would only attract kickstarter dow from those who have played it. Doctor Who theme can attract fans of the show as well.

If they can get Indy for ca 75 000, it might succeed. Hey, we all thought Dr. Who would be impossible, so you never know.

I have a hard time imagining that tables like WCS 94, Demolition Man, Congo etc has enough fans to bring in 50K + (maaaybe wcs 94,)

Would love to see Congo at some point. I am hoping that they can do that one and Indy 500 without a kickstarter at some point.

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah not sure The Shadow, Congo, or many of the other non-Stern licensed tables have the gravitas to have a successful Kickstarter. Not even sure Jurassic Park, T3 or even World Cup Soccer would be successful. Really the only big one left would be Indy.

Unless they can bundle licenses from the same studio together.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Very good news indeed, played dr. Who a bunch at a friends and loved it. I like the combo ramp shots to maximize the multiplier. The raising platform is a bit gimmicky but fun nonetheless, I'm curious how it will translate to TPA. In any case it's a good opportunity to learn what all those doctors do....:)

I would have liked to see a LOTR or TSPP kickstarter first, so fingers crossed that we get them with the Stern App. Still would have liked to see them in regular TPA though. With separate apps its like walking into a separate gameroom.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
It's a really exciting table in my opinion - good sounds, etc. Here's an idea of how the table will look when created virtually - this is a VP9 table (not VP10). I hope Farsight can nail the physics and don't make it too easy.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Out of curiosity, are you guys excited for the kickstarter, or the table?

I'm excited for the table, loathe kickstarters. But I've seen in past posts where people are positively excited for kickstarters, which boggles my mind, which made me wonder.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Out of curiosity, are you guys excited for the kickstarter, or the table?

I'm excited for the table, loathe kickstarters. But I've seen in past posts where people are positively excited for kickstarters, which boggles my mind, which made me wonder.

I don't think people are excited about throwing money at Kickstarter as much as they're excited about a table that's in need of a Kickstarter. ie. TZ, ST:TNG, T2, TAF. A fairly significant group so far.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.