Doctor Who Kickstarter

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Everyone, please keep this thread on topic...at least until the Kickstarter has ended. All off topic posts made before the Kickstarter campaign ends will be deleted.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Did any good amount of promotion ever occur on any Dr. Who fancies or official channels? As much as I would have expected the most recent tier additions to have an impact, I wouldn't have imagined they would have had that kind of effect on their own and the new tiers don't count for even a third of the gains made in the last few days.

We don't know if FS did send out promotional emails to any fan sites etc., and if these got buried or ignored. We probably never will. If the sites were ignoring FS, what more can they do? If they keep trying they're going to get marked as spammers and ignored anyway.

As for the BBC, well, they presumably have strict rules about what they can and cannot publicize, and it's entirely likely their rules prohibit them from promoting another company's product in one of their articles. Or something... it's most likely complicated. Maybe they run a story after everything is signed and ready to go.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
I've noticed that sites seem to be more hesitant to spread news about current Kickstarters. They might not want to be seen as endorsing them if the project is funded but fails to deliver.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Hey I have not posted on here in ages. Just want to say that I'm happy this kickstarter got funded. It's so many years ago that I last got a few games on the real table that I don't remember much about it (other than the crazy Dalek voice of course). Now if I can just hijack a TARDIS and nip forward to September ;)

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
I've noticed that sites seem to be more hesitant to spread news about current Kickstarters. They might not want to be seen as endorsing them if the project is funded but fails to deliver.

Possibly explains why doctorwhonews.net only ran the regenerated table story after the kickstarter was funded.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
We're putting up nice pocket money for the next KS for sure. After the 13K spike on the 9th it has tapered off considerably. Kicktraq now has it trending for 68K, that means a head start of around 14K for the new KS!

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
We're putting up nice pocket money for the next KS for sure. After the 13K spike on the 9th it has tapered off considerably. Kicktraq now has it trending for 68K, that means a head start of around 14K for the new KS!

Wonder what the next Kickstarter will be.Not many people expected that this Kickstarter would be Dr Who.Either TSPP or IJ would be the most crowd pleasing choices.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Wonder what the next Kickstarter will be.Not many people expected that this Kickstarter would be Dr Who.Either TSPP or IJ would be the most crowd pleasing choices.

Leaning more towards Indiana Jones as it's a Williams table rather then Stern (TSPP, LOTR), also probably the most highly requested of all - currently ranked 4 on IPDB, and 7 on Pinside. Kinda feels incomplete without it, closest we've got is El Dorado City of Gold!

Would also be happy with another curve ball kickstarter such as Guns & Roses or The Shadow.

One thing is for sure, after TAF and DH, I think anything could be possible!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I don't see excitement for a Shadow KS to be honest. GnR - eh, maybe, but I don't see that happening despite the recent reunion (which hasn't actually happened yet). Actually The Shadow, Congo, Gilligan's Island, Johnny Mnemonic - those are the kind of low-hanging fruit that FS have actually been going after lately. Low-rent IPs that are largely long-forgotten by the public. Also I believe there is still one table left in the Sony deal and I believe JM is covered by it?

Sadly I don't ever see an IJ Kickstarter happening. I think it would be a real ball-buster - at least double the 100K for TAF?! - and from everything I've ever heard, FS can't even get Disney to answer their calls. Maybe proving they can run with a big player like the BBC for Dr Who might open the right eyes, who knows.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Let it be Johnny Mnemonic, the sooner we get it the better! As a non KS that is, should as Eldar said be feasible for Farsight.
After reading all the praise for Shadow I hope we will see that soonish too.

Last edited:

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Leaning more towards Indiana Jones as it's a Williams table rather then Stern (TSPP, LOTR), also probably the most highly requested of all - currently ranked 4 on IPDB, and 7 on Pinside. Kinda feels incomplete without it, closest we've got is El Dorado City of Gold!

Would also be happy with another curve ball kickstarter such as Guns & Roses or The Shadow.

One thing is for sure, after TAF and DH, I think anything could be possible!

I'm sorry, did I misunderstand you or did you just compare Indiana Jones to El Dorado City of Gold? :D

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
What table is owned by Disney? Disney has their own gaming divisions there is little to no chance of Farsight doing a table owned by Disney.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Dr. Who is my most wanted table right now. Never played it before Expo last year. They had 2 DW tables there. Probably had 100 tables total. With most of the other classic tables there, I found myself returning time and time again to Dr. Who.
The one you could hear when entering the room above all others was Dr. Who. The Dalects screaming Exterminate! Exterminate! Knew I had to have a try before leaving the Expo. Found myself returning to DW the most that night. Next day, headed right to that table again.
After Expo I came home and set up VP (Visual Pinball) on my cabinet so I could play Dr. Who. I haven't run VP on my cabinet since the DX11 update came out for TPA months earlier. Dr. Who was so much fun that I took time to get VP working again just to play it some more.
Then it was announced as the next Kickstarter. Perfect.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
We don't know if FS did send out promotional emails to any fan sites etc., and if these got buried or ignored. We probably never will. If the sites were ignoring FS, what more can they do? If they keep trying they're going to get marked as spammers and ignored anyway.

As for the BBC, well, they presumably have strict rules about what they can and cannot publicize, and it's entirely likely their rules prohibit them from promoting another company's product in one of their articles. Or something... it's most likely complicated. Maybe they run a story after everything is signed and ready to go.
Eldar,the BBC and our ABC are funded by the tax payer.there not allowed to promote products.:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
hopefully if the Stern app goes Kaboom !!! all Stern tables should be there or most,i`m really hoping !!!so, our next kickstarter table will not be a Stern.now the guessing and hoping starts !!! :cool:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
We don't know if FS did send out promotional emails to any fan sites etc., and if these got buried or ignored. We probably never will.
Mike Lindsey was on our BlahCade Podcast today and spoke quite a lot about the kickstarter.
Mike said he has reached out to various Doctor Who sites, whether they chose to post anything was up to them.

just quotin'

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Dr. Who is my most wanted table right now. Never played it before Expo last year. They had 2 DW tables there. Probably had 100 tables total. With most of the other classic tables there, I found myself returning time and time again to Dr. Who.
The one you could hear when entering the room above all others was Dr. Who. The Dalects screaming Exterminate! Exterminate! Knew I had to have a try before leaving the Expo. Found myself returning to DW the most that night. Next day, headed right to that table again.
After Expo I came home and set up VP (Visual Pinball) on my cabinet so I could play Dr. Who. I haven't run VP on my cabinet since the DX11 update came out for TPA months earlier. Dr. Who was so much fun that I took time to get VP working again just to play it some more.
Then it was announced as the next Kickstarter. Perfect.

Your life sounds great! ;) serendipity is your middle name

IJ would be great, TSPP would be great, LOTR would be great. The Shadow is a very good gamers game as pinball machine, but may not have a big KS-funding attraction. They may pull it off without though. LOTR could very well be in the Stern-app, but I still hope it gets integrated with the current TPA, especially if it does not come with the Stern app. I like all my iOS HOF points in one place.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
All the pins you mentioned ^ would be very attractive for the next Kickstarter. Doctor Who was a shock to me, now I guess almost anything is on the table as a possibility.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
My apologies if this has already been answered, at $85 could someone select 2 season packs same platform? I am getting my season either way but would like to gift one too (PC).

Would Tales From the Crypt be a candidate for the next KS?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.