The force awakens - two more star wars tables coming

wolfson

May 24, 2013
No it's not just you. This table feels great. I'm actually trusting dead passes, which I never do on Zen tables. So far with only a few hours of play, its quickly becoming a favorite. And I never tire of THAT music!
shutyertrap,i had great feel for both tables straight away.i`m a boofhead at times but I reckon,something has changed with these tables,for the bloody better.i`m happy !!!! :cool:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
So far I'm blown away by First order!! Seems to be best zen so far. Which might not mean much, but south park was way above the rest and this is on par at least. It feels like a real pin! Looks like it could just as well be the latest Stern. And I think they've really gone for more real pin influence. They've shamelessly stolen stuff from all kinds of real pins, in a good way. You have the T2 cannon, Dracula mist ball, whitewater style lighting ramp posts, random saucer awards like AFM and others, and so on!! But also original (?) and creative stuff like the lower playfield, which is very cool and works very well without need of annoying zooming or stuff. Complete lower playfield during multiball for double jackpot!! Yay, for the first time in a zen pin, I actually care!! Cam feels like TPA (in a good way). You actually get stuff started just by playing around and yeah awesome pin!!

Last edited:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Finally completed Scene 12 of the TFA table yesterday. All I will say is that the ending is very anticlimactic.

Also, after you complete the first round of Scenes, they require more shots to start and the physics of the ball become tougher during each Scene.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So here's my final opinions on each table. Feel free to discuss my opinions; after all, I want to know what you guys think.

TFA Pros:
- Tons of depth. 12 modes, some side missions, and some multiballs.
- Fun left ramp shot that diverts towards either inlane or right to the right flipper for a combo shot.
- Mini playfield is fun to use and scores some major points if you know what you're doing.
- Multiball stacks!

Cons:
- It takes a while to get used to not being able to use the upper flippers during certain modes.
- The only mode that can be stacked almost all the time is Scrap Yard, which even then scores only minor points.
- Center targets are clunky and generally a waste of space.

First Order Pros:
- Mini playfield actually matters for once, those Jackpot multipliers really add up if you know what you're doing.
- Nice mix of multiball and single-ball modes required to reach the wizard mode.
- Star destroyer shot is fun to shoot for, especially multiple times in a row.
- Timer freeze during Multiball encourages mode / Multiball stacks.

Cons:
- Ability Test is pretty much impossible unless you've lit it through Secret Skill Shot or you've stacked in a Multiball.
- Tractor beam sinkhole (to activate the magnet) is only made through luck.
- Frontiers Double Jackpot scores more than anything else.
- Left loop is tough to make.
- HIT IT HARDER

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Their most beautiful tables yet. Not really spent much time digging deep in them but first impressions are great. Don´t remember the physics generally feel that good. Voice acting is the only real let down design wise but it´s the sign of the times no real theater actors get to the big screen anymore.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
It's funny, the voice acting in these tables always gets the thumbs down. That's what you get with all these franchised tables. Imitations. Impressions. Funny... nobody ever criticized the vocal work in the zen originals. That's because they were original :) Basically I am saying the voices are pretty good considering they are just impersonations.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
That table looks very nice, but I hope there's a way to make it not be soooo tiny on the screen. I don't think I'm interested otherwise.

Portrait view is much better invitro

I've been getting back into PFX2 and been re-evaluating my expectations a bit. I've turned ball trails back on(heresy i know but it helps with their style, and I'm trying Camera 3 in portrait for all tables and giving it an honest go..

Its the most zoomed in table view when the ball is around the flippers and the movement when the ball is @ the top of the table is pretty minor.

Tables like Butters,Family Guy and Force Awakens play really well like this.

They did some weird stretch thing with 1w in portrait with these tables which is more TPA view 1 ish..but the zoom level is to far out to really be happy with it I think

Members online

Members online