The force awakens - two more star wars tables coming

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
One might have guessed (or felt) it. Zen is going to release two more star wars tables based on the force awakens.
Looks pretty interesting. Always liked their star wars tables.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Yeah looking forward to it. Force awakens table is definitely designed by the guy who did Episode IV, V, and VI. I think the other table may be by the guy who did Masters of the Force, Fear itself, Han Solo, Boba Fett. All great and challenging tables.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
In our last podcast, we were lamenting the fact that Zen didn't have a new Star Wars table, and then I saw this on Twitter today! Have to see if we can get Barbie back on to talk about it.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I'm excited for these tables but it sounds like there's a huge backlash on social media about these tables. Like people everywhere are making fun of Sony and Zen Studios for not creating a proper video game to tie in with the movie and instead making "a ****ty excuse of a pinball machine". I honestly don't know why a pinball video would receive so much negativity, or why on earth people are taking time out of their lives to watch a pinball video and act like pessimists about it.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
What does Sony have to do with Star Wars?

On the video preview of the table on the PlayStation YouTube account, people are making fun of Sony for "releasing pinball games from a million years ago instead of innovative, amazing video games"... even though Sony isn't releasing it themselves, another company is.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Yeah 'cause all those other new licensed Star Wars games that are about The Force Awakens are oh so innovative.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
don`t worry,i`m in for next week.all there Star War tables have been great so far.i don`t think that`s going to change.and on PS4 3D brilliant !!!!:cool:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Like The Force Awakens is so innovative. ;)

TRUE THOUGH

So let's talk about table layouts. The Force Awakens table looks just meh to me, typical fan layout table; however, I will say that the transforming backgrounds on the table could lead to some really cool effects. If you're wondering what to expect, think the Joker platform on Batman The Dark Knight, except a million times better.

The other table in the pack looks pretty interesting, partly because a favorite designer of mine created it. Unfortunately, while I have been enjoying his tables as of late, there seems to be a luck-based element to them recently (i.e. Holocron on Masters of the Force is impossible to hit, Pym capsule is impossible to hit without a backhand). So hopefully this one isn't like that; I saw the playfield art and it looks like it's going to be along the lines of his last couple of tables, complete all modes as many times as you want to begin wizard mode.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Played a few games. Quick impression is there's some nice bounce to the ball! I also like the lower playfield game of First Order. Gonna have to form deeper impressions by Sunday when we record the next podcast.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Ok, Force Awakens is freaking amazing. 12 modes that you have to play in order, tons of things you can stack, double scoring applicable through all modes, tons of multiballs... It may be the best Zen table yet, IMO it's up there with Han Solo and Infinity Gauntlet.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ok, Force Awakens is freaking amazing. 12 modes that you have to play in order, tons of things you can stack, double scoring applicable through all modes, tons of multiballs... It may be the best Zen table yet, IMO it's up there with Han Solo and Infinity Gauntlet.

And reading the press release our podcast got, apparently your progress is saved for the modes? Not quite sure what was being said, but the takeaway is they want you to get through the story.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
is it me or is the flipper and ball physics tuned to be a little less grippy on the Force Awakens.. doesn't have breaks on the flippers when the ball comes down the inlanes..it just sails by to the other flipper if it has any speed..nice change

both tables seem fun..i generally dont like tables that loop back at the drain in the midfield but the rest of the Force awaken table seems great.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
is it me or is the flipper and ball physics tuned to be a little less grippy on the Force Awakens.. doesn't have breaks on the flippers when the ball comes down the inlanes..it just sails by to the other flipper if it has any speed..nice change

both tables seem fun..i generally dont like tables that loop back at the drain in the midfield but the rest of the Force awaken table seems great.

No it's not just you. This table feels great. I'm actually trusting dead passes, which I never do on Zen tables. So far with only a few hours of play, its quickly becoming a favorite. And I never tire of THAT music!

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
In our last podcast, we were lamenting the fact that Zen didn't have a new Star Wars table, and then I saw this on Twitter today! Have to see if we can get Barbie back on to talk about it.

Just curious....Did you mention anything about the Pinball Labs Kickstarter during that podcast?

Edit: "These aren't the pinball programs you are looking for......"

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just curious....Did you mention anything about the Pinball Labs Kickstarter during that podcast?

Edit: "These aren't the pinball programs you are looking for......"

No. The one I was referring to was prior to Christmas. Our most recent we just recorded, was 2 days before the pinball labs thing was ending.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.