Request Williams Big Guns (1987)

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I think it's about time this machine got its own thread.

In my opinion, this is one of the best System 11 tables that has yet to enter TPA, up there with Swords of Fury (which has been requested pretty frequently).

For some reason, this game has been overlooked over the years, and never got the same level of recognition as games like Taxi, F-14, and Cyclone. I don't really get why. This is a great Mark Ritchie design that has a pretty unique theme (space medieval!) and some cool toys and gimmicks. The guns launch the balls across the playfield, and there's a bagatelle game in the backbox. Speaking of which, the backbox is extra large and very intimidating.

This game has a great multiball mode, a nice soundtrack by Chris Granner, and a bunch of ball saving features, like a kickback in the left outlane, moving gate in the right outlane, and a center post that raises to prevent center drains.

Overall, this is just a cool game that has been unfairly underrated and overlooked, and it's about time someone brought it to Farsight's attention.

IPDB:
http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=250

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Never played one. Gotta say, it does look unique. No pop bumpers, that's different. I dunno about the cannons, I mean, you can't aim & fire, like T2 or STTNG. Never been a fan of habitrails that drop the ball right above the flippers, but I can live with it. Mark Ritchie has designed some great tables, so this one ought to be good. Maybe pair this one with SO76 for a 2 table purchase, like when that clunker Genie was foisted on us to get AFM. :)

murve33

Aug 4, 2016
I made an account to suggest both this game and Banzai Run, but it looks like they're both already in high demand!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.