Hooray!

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I didn't have anything concrete to say; I just noticed there were no threads here yet and I wanted everyone to know how thrilled I am that they added this table! We get very few EMs and this one was at the very top of my personal wish list.

Potrzebie

Sep 4, 2014
Fireball First Looks

One of Farsight's best efforts (aside from the iOS issue). Brought me back to age 18 or so when I drove 20 miles to play it at the State Line Truck Stop on the NY/MA border. The zipper flippers are great, the spinning disc maddening and excellent multi-balls. It's a drain monster for sure though. Fortunately, the left outlane has a kicker activated by lower playfield rollover. A truly historically significant table. To accomplish all of the modes in an EM table was truly a huge feat for it's day. Well done FS!

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Same problem here, i just recieved the update on ios but cant download the tables, i get a message saying something like, you must connect to the internet in order to download or purchase the tables, bummerr

which is the case cause i just downloaded the update

Chellspecker

Apr 20, 2013
IOS Error!

ARGH! Totally stoked to play this game on my iPad, and having the same "Must connect to the internet" error, even though I AM connected to the internet. As much as I love and support Far Sight and TPA, I'm kind of amazed at the number of bugs and technical issues they have. I still can't get the Pinball 101 video which I purchased to stream properly. That's like internet 101, Far Sight. I know it's not my internet connection either. I think they might have overextended themselves with too many platforms. I guess they want the customers. I've been with TPA on IOS from the very start, and it now seems to be the most buggy platform. I'm just kvetching. I'll still buy every table that comes out. FIX IT!

wolfson

May 24, 2013
One of Farsight's best efforts (aside from the iOS issue). Brought me back to age 18 or so when I drove 20 miles to play it at the State Line Truck Stop on the NY/MA border. The zipper flippers are great, the spinning disc maddening and excellent multi-balls. It's a drain monster for sure though. Fortunately, the left outlane has a kicker activated by lower playfield rollover. A truly historically significant table. To accomplish all of the modes in an EM table was truly a huge feat for it's day. Well done FS!
Potrzebie,same here brought back great memories,only thing I wasn`t old enough to drive !!!!:cool:

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
I've been saying this for years: add EM machines and I will buy them. (Farsight just squeezed money out of me for the first time since I bought the season two pack.)

Love Fireball, and hope more EM machines will come out soon. (I really want to give Farsight money, I just don't think they want it very badly.)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
So, there's an option to change the game from a 5 ball to a 3 ball game. There's no change in game rules or points so... why bother?

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
So, there's an option to change the game from a 5 ball to a 3 ball game. There's no change in game rules or points so... why bother?

Because five balls is cheating... (if you listen to Coast2Coast pinball with Nate Shivers)

And when we get Head2Head one might want just 3 balls against each others.

Got sidetracked with the Witcher series last two months but this latest tournament of the month sucked me back in. And TPA looks better than ever on my new computer!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

That's the way the game really is. Same scoring 3 or 5 ball. Some EMs have different scoring, but Fireball does not. I don't recall ever playing a Fireball that wasn't set to 5. As you know, a 3 ball game of Fireball could be over very quickly.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
In Holland we had a time back in the 90's where I remember a lot of tables were set to 5 balls. Maybe because we collectively sucked on pinball as a people or something... :) When I got back into pinball with VP and TPA I had to adjust to three balls. Having played some tournaments on real machines I'm glad it's 3 balls because games with the top players behind the pins would become unbearably long. I do like it though when setting those EMs on 3 balls yields some bonus or increase to scoring.

Anyway I'm glad for the EM crowd that they got served up something again! It's not my favorite era as I grew up on early-mid era DMD-style in the '90s but TPA brought me a new appreciation of EM tables.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
And when we get Head2Head one might want just 3 balls against each others.

This is a compelling argument. Since it hasn't been implemented yet, I never even thought of this. That's some forward thinkin' there son.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
In Holland we had a time back in the 90's where I remember a lot of tables were set to 5 balls. Maybe because we collectively sucked on pinball as a people or something... :) When I got back into pinball with VP and TPA I had to adjust to three balls. Having played some tournaments on real machines I'm glad it's 3 balls because games with the top players behind the pins would become unbearably long. I do like it though when setting those EMs on 3 balls yields some bonus or increase to scoring.

Anyway I'm glad for the EM crowd that they got served up something again! It's not my favorite era as I grew up on early-mid era DMD-style in the '90s but TPA brought me a new appreciation of EM tables.

When playing with friends or in a tournament setting, I agree 3 ball is the way to go. Keeps things moving. Some games take forever even in three ball. Ask anyone that has ever been part of a four player game of LOTR. I'm with you.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Funny you mention LOTR :) I happen to have a real life LOTR set up home, and I can tell you that that machine is evil. I heard about long ball times on other LOTR's, even had some of my own on a friend's machine, mine will kick you though when you are down. I bought it in Germany from a specialty store that deals in Americana (jukeboxes, neon signs and the like). They really polished this one up, with playfield protector and all fresh rubber installed. It's deadly quick and bouncy like a trampoline. I guess I'll have to wait for some wear and tear before those long ball times are coming to my place.....

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I've never bumped into one that played that fast & rough. Probably more fun. The one I've played the most is in a bowling alley and is far from slick, bouncy, & polished.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.