El Dorado; First Impressions

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
After playing through the basic table goals I am kind of underwhelmed by El Dorado. I am in the minority in that I really like El Dorado City of Gold I just hate the awful color choices of the table. City of Gold is not only an eyesore it makes the table hard to play as the bumpers camouflage with the table. Maybe on purpose but I still hate that about it. None the less, I always liked the layout and play of City of Gold and was happy to see a cleaner version was coming out. But the table is much slower than City of Gold and with the lower drop targets staying down instead of resetting after they are done, the table become kind of tedious for a shooter. I don't think I will play this as much as I had hoped.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Well thats nice, at least you are able to play the table, i just recieved the update on ios but cant download the tables, i get a message saying something like, yoy must connect to the internet in order to download or purchase the tables,

which is the case cause i just downloaded the update

Anyone else having the same issue ?

Cyberleader63

Banned
Mar 28, 2014
iOS download not working

Well thats nice, at least you are able to play the table, i just recieved the update on ios but cant download the tables, i get a message saying something like, yoy must connect to the internet in order to download or purchase the tables,

which is the case cause i just downloaded the update

Anyone else having the same issue ?

i am having the same issue on both the free version and the paid.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
my opinion is ,I love the new EL DORADO it leaves the other one for dead!!! no stupid sounds,use to make feel like throwing my controller through the tv.if my memory serves me right,this version plays pretty close to the original.there are only 2 tables that I feel like putting a sledge hammer through is EL DORADO CITY OF GOLD and GOING NUTS ,only for the sound.there gameplay I love only that bloody sound !!!! FIREBALL,what can I say bloody fantastic !!! :cool:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Sure a bug here on iOS, same issue on ipad iphone and ipod, i tried to download on mobile internet with wifi off, restart my device etc but it just doesnt work and get the same message.,

you must connect to the internet in order to download or purchase the tables, my wifi connection runs fine because as said before i just downloaded the update

Last edited:

Industrial_Foods

Nov 7, 2014
I like the table it is beautiful, and hearkens back to a simpler time. The only issue I have is that I think there are many more EM tables which might have been a better choice as this table is essentially the prequel to the other one of the same name, the only problem I have here is uniqueness. Lots of Ems they could have done, but this may have been put here for the sake of expediency. But the pinball arcade guys do a great job on the tables so uniqueness is my only qualm here.

My only question then is this; some one said this tables are a two pack, are we in effect getting 11 tables this season? That would be great.

Last edited:

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I like the table it is beautiful, and hearkens back to a simpler time. The only issue I have is that I think there are many more EM tables which might have been a better choice as this table is essentially the prequel to the other one of the same name, the only problem I have here is uniqueness. Lots of Ems they could have done, but this may have been put here for the sake of expediency. But the pinball arcade guys do a great job on the tables so uniqueness is my only qualm here.

My only question then is this; some one said this tables are a two pack, are we in effect getting 11 tables this season? That would be great.

There better be 11 tables this season. I would feel ripped off if they count this as 2 tables toward a 10 table season.

Potrzebie

Sep 4, 2014
Score Reel Emulation

Not sure anyone else has noticed yet, but this is the first EM table Farsight has done that more accurately emulates the look and feel of an EM's scoring reels. On all previous EMs, the reels step through their values too smoothly. El Dorado looks more like the original EM solonoid action, even resetting all the reels to their home position at start of game. Another small but very important detail striving toward accuracy. Bravo Farsight.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Relax guys. It's 10 PACKS per season. Not 10 tables. So yes we'll be getting at least 11 tables.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I enjoy this much more than the City of Gold version. I might never play City of Gold again. El Dorado EM gets a big thumbs up from me.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
After playing through the basic table goals I am kind of underwhelmed by El Dorado. I am in the minority in that I really like El Dorado City of Gold I just hate the awful color choices of the table. City of Gold is not only an eyesore it makes the table hard to play as the bumpers camouflage with the table. Maybe on purpose but I still hate that about it. None the less, I always liked the layout and play of City of Gold and was happy to see a cleaner version was coming out. But the table is much slower than City of Gold and with the lower drop targets staying down instead of resetting after they are done, the table become kind of tedious for a shooter. I don't think I will play this as much as I had hoped.

If you set it to 3 balls the lower drops will reset after clearing them and also scoring is higher on almost everything. Same with Fireball.

I must say I'm ecstatic about these two new tables. So long over due. Great for when you don't want to spend half an hour or more on a newer table. El Dorado is so much meter then city of gold. Different rules and no annoying soundtrack and graphics plus it just plays different. I'm so happy!..,,,,,

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I can't believe how much time I've spent playing this considering how much I've spent NOT playing City of Gold.

Hitting a lit upper drop target from the lower flippers makes me feel like Roger Sharpe saving pinball.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
It's sure nice to play a Gottlieb EM from 1975, especially a cowboy themed table. At the small town bowling alley I played pinball at in 75, it had the "Fast Draw" not the two player "Quick Draw" cowboy themed Machine, which I really want TPA to do a table reproduction of, also.

It brings back pure memories of adolescent bliss. Just seeing the metal overlay reproduction at the bottom of the table with the right card that showed all scores needed to win a credit and the left card with the instructions, plus the plunger gradient lines, puts a big smile on my face. The reproduced replay counter just blew my mind away. I love seeing all those credits add up, just the same as IRL with "Fast Draw"

Thanks FarSight for this great Gottlieb classic EM. You made this Teeks day.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I agree that City of Gold has really annoying graphics (at least the way they're implemented on iOS and Mac) and sound. But I like the gameplay itself. I used to play El Dorado a lot in arcades, and it's great to have a TPA version of it. It's old-school pinball, with challenging shots and relatively slow scoring. You really have to earn every point. There's a simple strategy to the game, yet it's not easy to execute. I find myself playing this table (and the well-paired Fireball) more than any other right now.

Members online

Members online