Bugs with lit lamps

Allana

Feb 18, 2013
Tha lighting of the lamps is buggy. There is supposed to be only lit lampone of the upper and one lower set of buttons. But when I play there are three lamps on the lower and sometimes up to six lit left at the top. Also a single lamp that's supposed to move around the table doesn't work. It stays stuck at the top right. This makes the scores of the game in much too high. This was obviously released a bit early to meet their goal of a release once a month.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
I ran into this as well. I ended up with 6 lit at the top bank of drop targets and 2 rollovers.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Did this occur in single player games?

For me (PC) yes single player. It seems if you go in play a game or 2 of El Dorado, switch to some other tables, then come back, that is when the lights start getting funny. Seems like a target is lit, then moves but some of them stay lit even though the main 'spot' has moved. Hope this helps. Really love the new tables btw.

Also, cant thank you enough Flippy, great work around here we really appreciate ya :)

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
Yes, it happens in single player games. It may have something to do with playing other tables before El Dorado. I've noticed that some of the targets are lit as soon as the table loads, before even starting a game. Also, this does not appear to be platform specific. It's happening on both Android (Amazon) and PC.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yes, it happens in single player games. It may have something to do with playing other tables before El Dorado. I've noticed that some of the targets are lit as soon as the table loads, before even starting a game. Also, this does not appear to be platform specific. It's happening on both Android (Amazon) and PC.

Yeah, I'm not seeing this on iOS.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013

With the latest internal build im not seeing it but I'll keep looking, it's possible the patch were putting out has a fix already in for it.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I just had this happen in the Steam UI Beta (1.46.7). Upon starting El Dorado EM, the second lamp is lit at the top, and no lamps are lit at the bottom:
47EF7EF3228B36876DA8392E05FF4DC4F63284B7

When you move the spot, you typically get two lamps lit at the top.

(Ignore that it says Ball 2 - Ball 1 was a house ball that drained all the way down the left-hand side and didn't do anything that would've affected the lamps.)

wolfson

May 24, 2013
With the latest internal build im not seeing it but I'll keep looking, it's possible the patch were putting out has a fix already in for it.
FlippyFloppy,looks like it`s fixed.i play under many on PC,i was getting about 180,000 then with the lit lights about 330,000.thanks for all your help !!! :cool:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
^ yes what I see is similar but not always the same thing. Just now started the game, played a few on Diner, switched to El Dorado- 2 rollovers lit, 2 targets lit bottom row, 5 targets lit top row. Close the whole game start up again and go straight to El Dorado, back to normal.

I notice when the game is started fresh and the cam is panning around the table no lights are lit. After hitting start the 2nd target over top and bottom is lit every time. The next game it is lit where ever it left of last game. Pre game cam always has lights on after playing another table first.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
^ yes what I see is similar but not always the same thing. Just now started the game, played a few on Diner, switched to El Dorado- 2 rollovers lit, 2 targets lit bottom row, 5 targets lit top row. Close the whole game start up again and go straight to El Dorado, back to normal.

I notice when the game is started fresh and the cam is panning around the table no lights are lit. After hitting start the 2nd target over top and bottom is lit every time. The next game it is lit where ever it left of last game. Pre game cam always has lights on after playing another table first.
Snorzel,correctomundo,like you said,i went in to El Dorado went out and straight to Diner then back to El Dorado,i had 4 lit lamps at the top ah bloody forgot,2 0or 3 lamps lit on the bottom.:cool:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Snorzel,correctomundo,like you said,i went in to El Dorado went out and straight to Diner then back to El Dorado,i had 4 lit lamps at the top ah bloody forgot,2 0or 3 lamps lit on the bottom.:cool:

We'll have a fix for this in the next update along with a few other things. Multiplayer drop targets and lamps should save from player to player and the lights being incorrectly lit after returning from a non-scripted table. The red When Lit should be brighter too.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
We'll have a fix for this in the next update along with a few other things. Multiplayer drop targets and lamps should save from player to player and the lights being incorrectly lit after returning from a non-scripted table. The red When Lit should be brighter too.
FlippyFloppy thanks,and great news on Doctor Who !!! :cool:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014

Sounds great, could you please check the scoring too? It seemed like lit rollovers sometimes were scoring 10000 and sometimes 5000. Correct me if Im wrong but I think they are supposed to only score 5000 when lit 500 when not.

Thanks for your work FlippyFloppy, your communication with us is great and means alot.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Sounds great, could you please check the scoring too? It seemed like lit rollovers sometimes were scoring 10000 and sometimes 5000. Correct me if Im wrong but I think they are supposed to only score 5000 when lit 500 when not.

Thanks for your work FlippyFloppy, your communication with us is great and means alot.

Was checking through the rollovers and I can't find anywhere that is scoring 10K. Was it happening in a particular place for you?
The 5K/500 scoring is correct.

strells

Oct 7, 2014

This might be the way it looks because of the scoring wheels. It may look it's temporarily 10000 but it's really only 5000.

Steve

Jay

May 19, 2012
This is very curious. I came here to report this same bug, which I've been experiencing for the past week on both the native Mac version and the PC Steam version. I had a whopping 9 targets lit at once (five on top and four on the side). I also lit all three rollovers at the top. It really helped my score! ;) I was going to take a screen shot, but when I restarted TPA just now everything was back to normal.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Was checking through the rollovers and I can't find anywhere that is scoring 10K. Was it happening in a particular place for you?
The 5K/500 scoring is correct.

I think I was seeing it on the left inlane rollover. A friend of mine is moving into a new place and I am helping him but I will see if I can replicate it later tonight. I felt I was not having that good of a game and got that 1800 wizard goal, maybe I was derping on the score reel rollovers.

Cant thank you enough Flippy & RSchwanter great work as always

Last edited:

Members online

Members online