Zaccaria Pinball on IndieGoGo!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I understand it's been greenlit on Steam. I may end up having paid twice, but totally worth it!

I would imagine now they are greenlit so quickly when they do meet the target they will probably give a Steam key to keep distribution easy. A bit like pro pinball, they emailed direct early builds to supporters and then gave us a Steam key once the game was officially released. This campaign is a way for them to measure interest, and if it doesn't do well they may not release on Steam at all, plus it may be more than $25. They might also charge extras for in-game content on Steam, whereas for this campaign they are promising all features. Only a guess.

I also contributed and might still upgrade my pledge more if needed.

If they don't reach the cab level, then they still might decide to add it later as an DLC add-on at a premium price, so although it would be good to get it into the main game I don't think cab people should worry. They have demonstrated an incredible ability to add new functionality at an almost alarming rate :).

Edit: and from what I have read, it won't cost Ask anything to get Steam keys for backers....
http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight/faq/

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I'd really think we need some clarification on what cab support means.
Does the game come with portrait view support by default or only @ cab support level..cuz the game on tablets already supports portrait or landscape and Im assuming its a default thing.
What about the score dmd/alpha display that is an overlay on the existing mobile version? does programming that to be able to move to a second monitor constitute cab support? or will that be in the default?

I would expect a fully rendered backglass that reacts to environmental lighting and sycs to the playfield, B2Sserver support and built in support for cab LED lights DOF ,disabling of some mechanical sounds like flippers and other stuff to be the full cab support. But right now its all guessing

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I am surprised there are only 20 backers so far. Thought people would snap up all those tables for $25/22€/£17 as the Steam price is bound to be more than that (I paid more in Euros for the Android game).

Jamesac68

Aug 14, 2013
I'm surprised at the limited response too, although I can see some room for improvement on the campaign presentation. The video is bare-bones at best, people could use details on the video modes that will be available if cabinet support is such a distant stretch goal, and Magic Pixel doesn't appear to have any social media presence. It doesn't help that Indiegogo doesn't get as much traffic as Kickstarter either. It's a viable platform, as evidenced by Indivisible, but it needs a lot of attention to make it work. I'm glad Zaccaria has two months on the clock, because that give Magic Pixel/Zsolt plenty of time to tweak things.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
I've had my eye on the page for a couple of days and I see there are a couple of questions on CS for example, but after 2 days there is no response to the questions. If I was running a campaign like this I'd be sat there by the keyboard responding to questions as soon as they come in, because ultimately it can make the difference in someone backing or not, or it has to potential to bring in more backers...or less if it's not the answer they want to here. But I think response time is important in helping to inspire confidence in something you may be wishing to buy into.

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
I plan on supporting in March, when things are less hectic financially for me. Can't wait for this to be released though.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Yeah, I agree with the comments above, the campaign seems to have been rushed to start and doesn't seem to be well run. In addition flexible funding on indiegogo will scare away many potential backers. If the project doesn't fund, they still keep your money which makes pledging an even bigger gamble than it already was. I'm already starting to get nervous about my $25 disappearing.
[MENTION=2322]Zsolt[/MENTION] please message me if you want some advice to help get the indiegogo campaign moving in the right direction.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I'd heard Zsolt will honor our $25 contributions with Steam download vouchers when it's released on Steam, whether or not the indiegogo campaign succeeds. That'd be a great commitment to make to attract more contributions, because people could back on indiegogo with confidence.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'd heard Zsolt will honor our $25 contributions with Steam download vouchers when it's released on Steam, whether or not the indiegogo campaign succeeds. That'd be a great commitment to make to attract more contributions, because people could back on indiegogo with confidence.

Hopefully that doesn't hurt their campaign. If they're going to release the PC version regardless of whether the campaign succeeds or not, some people might just wait and see what happens instead of donating now.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Put in some dollars. It makes me cringe that cab support is so high on the list. Obviously I want that :)
I have faith that they at least will provide a decent camera view for cabs...

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Put in some dollars. It makes me cringe that cab support is so high on the list. Obviously I want that :)
I have faith that they at least will provide a decent camera view for cabs...
mpad totally agree !! we have a few factors here.1. straight after XMAS. 2. just had a big kickstarter with Dr. Who 3.kids back to school. all 3 involves money. we`re lucky we have 2 months,they say they would be ready to rock n roll by the end of the 1st qtr 2016. she`ll be right !!! :cool:

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
I've been looking forward to this since I played it on my phone. Really don't see it hitting 40-70k but those are some fantastic stretch goals. Count me in or $25.

Jamesac68

Aug 14, 2013
I know I'm giving it a little time before jumping in. Bad timing, I've got a bunch of things all coming due at once including a PC upgrade, but by mid-March I expect to have things settled. I'll take care of my $25 then.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.